Powered by Outside

Giant glory vs Intense Socom, what should i choose

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant glory vs Intense Socom, what should i choose
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:24 Quote
if the glory feels too cramped for you, then try riding a larger frame, it's a simple solution.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:25 Quote
All the bike manufacturers have been hydroforming their frames, pretty much since specialized did it . . .

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:25 Quote
Get the glory man, its few short comings do not outweigh its strengths. Its a bike that will take abuse over and over again. Ive only read about a few glory headtubes snapping, but actually havnt seen any. Like someone already stated "there are so many of them," mainly because they are great bikes.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:30 Quote
I just dont like the riding position on the glory, on the lage, my arms feel streched, but on the medium my knees are too close to the headtube for my liking!! bash my knees on the stanchions Frown

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:34 Quote
I will agree with the sizing on the Glory, but it all depends on the person. Over time you get accustomed with the bike and the sizing no longer becomes an issue.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:39 Quote
Haaa, I unfortunately have too long legs Frown

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
Large frame, short stem didnt work?

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:48 Quote
Well to sit on the saddle right I need to raise the saddle and bars up, but as soon as im out of the saddle it becomes uncomfortable, try a bigger frame its the same just Im leaning more forwards when im sat down, standings fine, but I prefer to sit majority of the time . .. I always have run wide bars and short stem, makes steering more responnsive, and the wide bars help me keep stable through the rough!!

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:50 Quote
jezza169 wrote:
I prefer to sit majority of the time

sitting while pinning it down a hill? you sir are crazy.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 20:22 Quote
Hey Josh, i've been on my socom for about a year now and absolutely love it. My riding consists mostly of Santa Cruz, Northstar and occasional races and I like to ride hard. I will agree with others about the rear-end flex but while riding I don't notice it and I don't think it is holding me back at all. This bike corners great, carries speed through rough terrain awesome and jumps really well, which I am all about. But if you're gonna go for a glory I'd go for the 2010.

photo

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 21:38 Quote
jezza169 wrote:
I just dont like the riding position on the glory, on the lage, my arms feel streched, but on the medium my knees are too close to the headtube for my liking!! bash my knees on the stanchions Frown

there's a huge jump in size going from medium to large frames with the old Glory.

I'm biased, but have no trouble recommending an old Glory DH. extremely strong frames that absorb everything and pedal great, I've never been sold on the styling, but they ride so well that I love mine none the less haha.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 at 15:02 Quote
joshuathemtbr wrote:
Aggression wrote:
joshuathemtbr wrote:

is that yours

I wish! its for sale on pb

can u send me a link

Sold. Bought it the other day. Ninja

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 20:24 Quote
Nobble wrote:
mikeonetray13 wrote:
arent they teh same thing except for the head tube size?
Facepalm they're completely different bikes

Edit: the main difference being the travel and geometry, AKA it's a different bike.

no shit its different travel.

FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 20:31 Quote
glory has some odd geo,

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 20:32 Quote
it's definetly different to most bikes, haha.

f*cking pins though. I love mine. (maybe I got lucky and the geo suits me)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025593
Mobile Version of Website