PB Forum :: Other
The Zerode Thread.
FL
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 10:48 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2413157/

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 11:01 Quote
Dialed...

This should be here tomorrow or wednesday. super super stoked.

Have a i9 29" front wheel for it and 29" lowers for the diamond to swap out. Also have a Enve m7 25mm rise 35mm clamp bar and need to order a intend grace en stem. Trickstuff Dirretissima levers on order to be paired with the mt7 calipers. Push elevensix will come this winter. Other plans are to replace all colored spokes on back wheel with black ones and the frame will get repainted this winter in a new color. Mabye convert it to belt drive, idk we will see.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 4:03 Quote
i got my taniwha in yesterday and went for a short ride at my local park to dial in the suspension. I came away from it amazed, this bike is incredible. Like all the reviews the traction you get from having no unsprung weight is mind blowing. I wont be getting rid of this bike anytime soon. I went into it thinking i would hate the grip shifter but it wasnt as bad as i thought. I still would rather have a trigger shifter but for the time being the grip shift suffices. As far as shifting goes i read alot of reviews so i went into it prepared and i really didnt think it was bad at all. Still getting use to timing shifts with my pedal strokes but being able to shift well not pedaling is one of the coolest things. Id find my self coming into a drop in a way easier gear then i needed to get speed for a jump after and i could shift mid air and start pedaling right when i hit the ground. The whole bike feels incredibly stiff. Anyways im in love with this bike and cant wait to see whats next for the pinion gearbox and for zerode.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 18:41 Quote
Has anyone long shocked a taniwha with a 8.75x2.75?

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 1:45 Quote
Anyone had strange creeking noise on a G2? Only thing done recently was removed a couple of links out of chain to rear hub as chain was too slack. Now has correct number of links. Chain to cranks seems ok not sure if it's the Alfine?
Thanks

FL
Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 3:23 Quote
tat2giger1 wrote:
Anyone had strange creeking noise on a G2? Only thing done recently was removed a couple of links out of chain to rear hub as chain was too slack. Now has correct number of links. Chain to cranks seems ok not sure if it's the Alfine?
Thanks
When do you get the creak? Pedalling? Standing? When suspension is working?

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 13:17 Quote
tat2giger1 wrote:
Thanks

I've had my chain tensioner creak occasionally, a quick clean usually does the trick.

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 21:53 Quote
A wee update
DVO Onyx SC, EXT storia, Brakes 1893 and new decals

New brakes and decals

New brakes and decals

Zerode Taniwha Gold

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 23:34 Quote
Xgreygoose wrote:
A wee update
DVO Onyx SC, EXT storia, Brakes 1893 and new decals

New brakes and decals

New brakes and decals

Zerode Taniwha Gold

Stunning ride...Nice work...tup

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 3:08 Quote
What is the real weight?

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
just developed a squeaky creak in my Taniwha and feared the worst...but then a saintly apparition appeared from deep within the neaby forest, and he said unto thee "spray this shit on your tensioner" and giveth unto me a can of motorcycle chain lube, and thus the squeak was gone, and it was good, and all around me proclaimed it thus, for the whingeing and swearing had ceased so that all may ride in peace again. amen.

apparently drilling a little hole in the mounting setup to apply more tension can stop it developing...

another question - I've ported over my old carbon wheels - just a standard hope 4 freehub on carbon rims. was wondering if the placement of the ring on the rear sprocket might force spoke tension out of true? tension was fine with a rear cassette and mech, but maybe the pinion applies more torque or something? should I re-tension the rear wheel? not something I've done before...

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
ka81 wrote:
What is the real weight?

full builds vary wildly based on component spec bro. mine is full carbon except for pedals, cranks, brakes and stem - weighs around 14kilos or something? not noticeable under pedal load...put it this way, I've taken bigger shits and could lose a kilo or two myself...

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
turned my taniwha into a franken bike for this season.long shocked and over forked. 29f 27.5r
getting some new and custom parts and new paint too.

Mock-up with dorados. Bike getting new paint this week

photo

FL
Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 2:03 Quote
Sounds good about the Moto chain oil
Here my current set up
Xl 29 front
27.5 rear
Zerode taniwha 29 27.5

FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
https://www.fanatikbike.com/blogs/build-gallery/zerode-taniwha-3

Got lucky and got an XL on sale from Fanatik. Put in about 30 miles so far, and am pretty psyched. So much fun on the descents. A bit meh on the climbs, but I couldn't care less because climbing is a bit meh. I hit some pretty big features (for me) and was amazed by the plushness. Corners so so so well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040304
Mobile Version of Website