The 26" street thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" street thread
Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 21:23 Quote
Many people has done the changw it is simply not for everyone, the fun faxtor won't be there though you crrate it I get a rush everytime I am on my old broken 26 bike and always will have

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 21:33 Quote
The dude I was going to buy a fork from doesn't know the year... Man i hate trying to get used stuff. The rest of the bike should be here soon though lol psyched to have a 26 again.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 0:21 Quote
bordom wrote:
The dude I was going to buy a fork from doesn't know the year... Man i hate trying to get used stuff. The rest of the bike should be here soon though lol psyched to have a 26 again.

Reading the time stamps are too difficult?

I hate selling stuff without a good description.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 12:07 Quote
I just ordered a 2014 Sub Park from an online (canadian) website. I already have a Majesty DIrt...so my question is, can anyone with both bikes possibly tell me the difference? I know the. Geo difference,,, but how does that affect manuals and 180 hops. Etc. Are they easier? Just too excited to wait and see how it rides.

Edit: I know this is a street thread... the Sub is my 2015 street build. I figure I'm not the only one in the world using park frames for street.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 13:38 Quote
Slightly higher bb and shorter back end, but contrary to what most will tell you you're not really going to notice much of a difference. Dirt frame will feel nicer on jumps but after a few runs the park frame will feel the same.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 13:45 Quote
olly-geary wrote:
Slightly higher bb and shorter back end, but contrary to what most will tell you you're not really going to notice much of a difference. Dirt frame will feel nicer on jumps but after a few runs the park frame will feel the same.

I don't agree fully with Olly. If you ride bikes you will notice a difference. You will feel like you are more over the bars on the Park vs the Dirt. It will be quicker and snappier feeling. I personally like my Sub Park better. But still want a HT trail/DJ bike so thats why I also have a Decade(same geo as Maj Dirt).

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 14:16 Quote
from my experience riding my majesty park vs my buddies majesty dirt (with almost identical build), the park frame feels like it hops higher/spins faster and is in my opinion more fun. the only thing i found wierd when i first got it, was getting used to the high BB (i had only owned dirt frames previously). but after a good day or so you get used to it, to the point where if i hop on anyone elses dirt frame, it just feels sluggish

i just like the responsiveness. also its totally fine at high speeds on big jumps

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 21:35 Quote
That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks for all your input, guys. Also, i have a number of different tires to choose from to ride street with. Not sure if I'm going with a combination of different front/ rear, but if you had the choice, which would you choose for street between the following...mind you I already OWN all these tires, so please don't recommend that i buy anything

Mac2 dirt2.2
Booze light 2.3
Microknobbies (only have 1 left to spare...)2.2
Race kings2.2
Holy rollers2.2
Small blocks, folding2.1
Tabletops, folding2.3
kenda bbg2.3

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 5:07 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks for all your input, guys. Also, i have a number of different tires to choose from to ride street with. Not sure if I'm going with a combination of different front/ rear, but if you had the choice, which would you choose for street between the following...mind you I already OWN all these tires, so please don't recommend that i buy anything

Mac2 dirt2.2
Booze light 2.3
Microknobbies (only have 1 left to spare...)2.2
Race kings2.2
Holy rollers2.2
Small blocks, folding2.1
Tabletops, folding2.3
kenda bbg2.3
Booze light up front and a mac2 in the rear

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 10:24 Quote
BSal wrote:
olly-geary wrote:

I don't agree fully with Olly. If you ride bikes you will notice a difference. You will feel like you are more over the bars on the Park vs the Dirt. It will be quicker and snappier feeling. I personally like my Sub Park better. But still want a HT trail/DJ bike so thats why I also have a Decade(same geo as Maj Dirt).
You get used to the feeling pretty quickly though. I do find however that a low bb makes a big difference when riding bigger/steeper stuff. When I was riding at LaPoma it took me quite a while to get used to the feel of the jumps on my void as its a fairly short and high frame, rode around on a locals Yt bike for a bit which instantly felt great on jumps and made it much smoother getting through the line.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
Weird. My Void had -7mm bb.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 21:49 Quote
Put the new build together.
new build
front end is high but whatever.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 4:38 Quote
^Looks great to me. Still need cranks, sprocket and chain for mine. Can't wait.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 7:29 Quote
bordom wrote:
Put the new build together.
new build
front end is high but whatever.
That's a real nice clean build right there

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 13:11 Quote
Dobermann pincsher any good for street?
Given up hope recovering the peanut, and I'm
Going to have to sell my other frame for funding on my next bike.

I had it all planned out and some little inconsiderate c*nt ruins all ya hardwork.

still extremely bitter.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022072
Mobile Version of Website