Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 11:35 Quote
sinatorj wrote:
Putting bike together, slight delay as we have had 30 inches of snow this week and have been shoveling like crazy. Bike is in stand, wheels blown up tubeless, went to raise Reverb and no love. Has air in it, but I suspect it is in need of Bleed. Am going to shorten hose and bleed, any thoughts if this will make seatpost work?

I had to do the same, shortened it, quick bleed both ends and then it was spot on.

Speeding up the dial will sometimes work but remember to put it back to slowest setting before bleeding it.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 16:13 Quote
Blead again according to R C article on site followed directions and it works sweet. Too bad we'll get your ride though till Monday can't pass sub good snowboarding at Snowbowl. Thanks for the help.

Posted: Jan 13, 2016 at 1:04 Quote
My Meta:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fstatic0.mtb-news.de/f3/19/1938/1938192-4nm6yaim057e-20151218_162608000_ios-large.jpg
Anybody tried to use a coil shock ? Fox Float X2 wont fit, but the new fox dhx2 could be an option .

The DebonAir is ok, but i came from a Spitfire with a ccdb air - the shock was / is awesome, so i search for n alternative for the debon, because it's working, but the ccdb was much more better.

Regards.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 14:26 Quote
Hi everyone,
I am about to buy a v4 for myself.
Just a couple questions. Does anybody ride the XL Frame?
As I am 190cm with really long legs I am somewhat concerned about the relatively slack 72deg seat tube angle. Does anybody have a problem with it? As my seatpost will be very high I am concerned about being too far back on the bike when climbing. Probably it will be fine if I slam my seat all the way forward though.

Second thing: How bad is the heel rub on the stays? As I have size 12 feet that concers me a little because I also ride with the heels in a little and I have heel rub on my current frame (Rocky Mountain Altitude) too, but I think the stays are wider on this one... And unfortunately I cannot test ride a Frame

FL
Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 16:25 Quote
Cane creek double barrel fits

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 23:32 Quote
r0bb wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am about to buy a v4 for myself.
Just a couple questions. Does anybody ride the XL Frame?
As I am 190cm with really long legs I am somewhat concerned about the relatively slack 72deg HT angle. Does anybody have a problem with it? As my seatpost will be very high I am concerned about being too far back on the bike when climbing. Probably it will be fine if I slam my seat all the way forward though.

Second thing: How bad is the heel rub on the stays? As I have size 12 feet that concers me a little because I also ride with the heels in a little and I have heel rub on my current frame (Rocky Mountain Altitude) too, but I think the stays are wider on this one... And unfortunately I cannot test ride a Frame

I assume you mean the seat tube angle. I'm also around 190cm with an inside leg measurement of 86.5cm and I ride an XL. I found there is plenty of room to slide the saddle forward a bit without feeling cramped which made a huge difference. The front does wander a bit on really steep climbs, but I think that is also affected by the fork length.

As far as rubbing on the stay I'm also size 12 and I found I soon got used to placing my foot slightly differently to compensate

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 0:34 Quote
The v4 is quite a long bike , I have a medium but would need a large yt Capra if that helps . Also just tape up the chain stays with the tape that it'll come with !

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 5:25 Quote
+1 on taping the chain stays. Used all mountain style protection on mine and it has done a fantastic job so far.

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 6:57 Quote
Dont forget to tape this. Also tape the down side of the chainstay bridge in the picture.
photo

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
Tape didn't hold on mine, but a piece of Marshtape did. So far so good (although I did it a bit late and it has rubbed like on yours ...)

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 7:22 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Tape didn't hold on mine, but a piece of Marshtape did. So far so good (although I did it a bit late and it has rubbed like on yours ...)

Luckily thats not mine. I put some of that clear protection tape on there that commencal sells. So far so good.

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 7:33 Quote
ColinD wrote:
Dont forget to tape this. Also tape the down side of the chainstay bridge in the picture.
photo
I also ram sponge in the hole to stop things going in !

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
Roguee wrote:
Cane creek double barrel fits
On the Commencal website it said that nothing from Cane Creek would fit in the frame...

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
Hey ,
So I now have the money together to buy this frame, I am gonna order it tomorrow.

I wanna transfer my float X with remote to this frame. Is it possible to internally route the remote cable?

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 12:55 Quote
r0bb wrote:
Hey ,
So I now have the money together to buy this frame, I am gonna order it tomorrow.

I wanna transfer my float X with remote to this frame. Is it possible to internally route the remote cable?

Yes there is a hole right next to the shock front mount.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043868
Mobile Version of Website