Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 1:44 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
tophock wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone got an AM9 ? I'm really interested in it, seems like the perfect mix for general trail riding and more agressive sessions (with some uplifts), but I've only seen the BikeRadar review, still searching if anyone else has ridden it...

With my 183 centimeters, Bird advices me the large one, but god... 500mm reach is huge. My current bike has 473mm and it's spot on, so I'm thinking about buying the M/L and put a 175mm reverb on it.

Don't be afraid of the reach. I'm 183 too and the L Aeris 145 fits perfectly (with a 35 mm stem and 160 BikeYoke dropper post).

Ok that's what I wanted to know, thanks !

Btw, your green 145 is really nice, don't know if I will go green or blue for mine.

Thanks!
Only 3 short rides with it but allready totally in love with the Bird geometry approach.
I quite hesitate a bit about the colour. 145 is not made in blue or raw, which is the one I would go for with the AM9 I think.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 6:03 Quote
Collected my AM9 frame over lunch time. Here is the most rubbish photo in the world of it, still in it's plastic bag, but proof I now have it. I will post better ones up over the next couple of days.

photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 6:29 Quote
Bloggingfit wrote:
Collected my AM9 frame over lunch time. Here is the most rubbish photo in the world of it, still in it's plastic bag, but proof I now have it. I will post better ones up over the next couple of days.

photo
yeh boi!!

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 0:47 Quote
Oooh…nice one. Looking forward to seeing it out of the bag.

Hopefully mine won’t be too much longer Book

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Oooh…nice one. Looking forward to seeing it out of the bag.

Hopefully mine won’t be too much longer Book
Managed to grab an hour and strip down my Remedy of parts to clean up and transfer across. Forgot I was using a 50mm stem and will need to get a 35mm for the Bird.

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 13:31 Quote
Bloggingfit wrote:
debagged!

photo

Now that is one pretty frame

FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 0:17 Quote
That’s so nice! I’m waiting for my AM9 in Raw, XL. I ordered it in February and it’s being a long wait. I’m getting a full build, MRP Ribbon forks. The excitement/wait is killing me! Really want to know what people think to how it rides. I’d love some in-depth reviews. Cheers

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 3:14 Quote
Ozak42 wrote:
That’s so nice! I’m waiting for my AM9 in Raw, XL. I ordered it in February and it’s being a long wait. I’m getting a full build, MRP Ribbon forks. The excitement/wait is killing me! Really want to know what people think to how it rides. I’d love some in-depth reviews. Cheers

Ha ha...you and me both. I spoke to Dan at Bird yesterday and he reckons another 2-3 weeks before the next batch of AM9 bikes and frames are ready for delivery.

I think raw was the right choice, that frame looks awesome.

FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 3:52 Quote
I could of had one last month, if I was happy to go for the green. Which isn’t a bad colour, but I agree with you, the Raw is the one. It just looks so nice.

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
tophock wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
tophock wrote:

Don't be afraid of the reach. I'm 183 too and the L Aeris 145 fits perfectly (with a 35 mm stem and 160 BikeYoke dropper post).

Btw, your green 145 is really nice, don't know if I will go green or blue for mine.

Thanks!
Only 3 short rides with it but allready totally in love with the Bird geometry approach.
I quite hesitate a bit about the colour. 145 is not made in blue or raw, which is the one I would go for with the AM9 I think.

Hi
I’m not a Bird owner but I’m interested in their geometry. It seems the long wheelbase and reach are great for straight line speed and steep descents, but do any of you feel drawbacks? How do the Birds jump? They should be able to fly with their name but aren’t shorter bikes better suited for taking off of lips and throwing whips and such? Do they ever feel lazy when going medium speed?

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 13:00 Quote
Jeff-Cu wrote:
tophock wrote:
Yetichon wrote:

Thanks!

Hi
I’m not a Bird owner but I’m interested in their geometry. It seems the long wheelbase and reach are great for straight line speed and steep descents, but do any of you feel drawbacks? How do the Birds jump? They should be able to fly with their name but aren’t shorter bikes better suited for taking off of lips and throwing whips and such? Do they ever feel lazy when going medium speed?
I've had my XL Mk 1.5 for just over a year now with a reach of 485 and it's super comfortable getting airborne if anything it feels better than my old Meta SX, obviously it's a little harder on super super short and tight corners but if you get one that's the right size for you your weight distribution should still make it ride tight corners well

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 13:46 Quote
How tall are you with the 485 reach?

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 14:02 Quote
Jeff-Cu wrote:

With shoes easily 6"3 it's a long bike for sure I wouldn't want it any longer

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 15:57 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
Jeff-Cu wrote:

With shoes easily 6"3 it's a long bike for sure I wouldn't want it any longer

Right now I’m on something 460 reach and I think that suits me pretty well. I’m about 6’

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.122432
Mobile Version of Website