2022 Specialized FOX FLOAT X Performance

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
2022 Specialized FOX FLOAT X Performance
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 9:23 Quote
jawa wrote:
Nellus wrote:
Brantemon wrote:
I just installed the LSC knob ( 808-17-470kit)on my bike ( RM Instinct A50).

I honestly do not feel any difference with LSC between fully open and fully closed.

I haven't ridden the bike yet, I have just test it in the garage while I wait for the snow to melt.
I can notice changes when I mess around with the rebound knob but nothing with the LSC knob.

That this means I need the 808-17-475 kit as well as others have mentioned?

Is this the case for everyone or am I missing something

I just installed mine the other day as well. Just bouncing it around my apartment I also can't seem to feel a difference. I suspect we both need to ride it and see how it feels. My problem is that I haven't ridden the bike in months so I literally have no frame of refence of what the shock felt like without it. But I'm interested to see how the shock feels with the LSC on full FIRM and then with it wide open. There should be a difference, I'm just not sure if I'm going to be able to tell haha.

I might be wrong here, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I would assume the base compression tune is going to affect the range of adjustment provided by the lsc knob. If your shock already comes with a light compression tune then I would guess the range of adjustment is going to be pretty narrow.

I’ve ordered a lsc adjuster to fit to my float x, with the plan to get it avalanche tuned to my weight / frame leverage curve / ride style

http://http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/Fox%20DHX/Fox%20Float%20X%20SSD%20Mods.htm

You're likely right. When I asked S4 Suspension, a suspension rebuild shop, what was involved in the upgrade, they quoted me the LSC knob kit, as well as a "Base Valve" kit. My understanding is that the base valve would effectively undo the trail tuning on mine, which is effectively just a different valving setup(volume spacers too) than the stock shock.
Mine originally came of a Stumpy EVO and now I've got it on my Santa Cruz. I'm sure it's not the most optimal tune as a result.
So maybe at the end of the year I'll send it off to S4 for a rebuild and get them to slap the Base Valve in, I think it was only $80 in parts, but required full disassembly, so you might as well rebuild it while they're in there.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2023 at 16:25 Quote
Took me maybe 10 minutes and cost $40 CAD, works great and I find it a noticeable change.

My only two tips I would give is I used a plastic tire lever to pop up the black cap and I found it easiest to start putting the LSC knob on with pressing the detent knob closest to the wide section of the LSC adjuster

I followed the Instructions posted above

O+ FL
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 9:58 Quote
Joel123456 wrote:
Took me maybe 10 minutes and cost $40 CAD, works great and I find it a noticeable change.

My only two tips I would give is I used a plastic tire lever to pop up the black cap and I found it easiest to start putting the LSC knob on with pressing the detent knob closest to the wide section of the LSC adjuster

I followed the Instructions posted above

I think I might have put too much grease in mine as I don't really have a hearty click-sound when turning the dial, but I can certainly feel the notches. After a few good rides, I can definitely feel the difference between 0 and 10. Just need to find the sweet spot, but so far this is a stupid-obvious upgrade for anyone with the Performance Float X.

Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 6:42 Quote
It seems hard to get one of these from Fox but I found an inexpensive 3D printed one on eBay. Hope it will work.

"Replacement Knob for Fox Float X LSC "Performance to Standard""

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325695590414

Posted: Dec 28, 2023 at 11:28 Quote
shawn-in-the-canyon wrote:
For my Trek EXe 9.7 there is a noticeable difference between the LSC open and closed, with the LSC kit installed. With it closed the suspension feels slightly firmer while pedaling. But, with it open there’s no noticeable pedal bob. With it closed, the rear wheel wanted to hop up off the ground slightly when riding uphill over 4 inch roots. With it open, the suspension soaked the root up and the wheel never left the ground. With it open you can just feel more traction everywhere.

How did it work the rest of the season? I guess this would work on my Gen 6 EX 9.8 GX as well.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2023 at 14:00 Quote
I did this upgrade about a year ago and it’s been awesome. You can really find the sweet spot, which for me is not full open LSC, but one or two clicks from open for most of my trails. Allows you to run a bit slower rebound while staying a little higher in the travel on chatter, then feel super controlled on slower tech stuff and climbing. Stock setting was the equivalent of 4 clicks LSC (from open) with the black cap on, which only felt good on a few trails and I had to run low pressure and lots of spacers. Now running higher pressure and less spacers with the LSC adjustment available. Stock settings are of course different depending on the bike the shock came on. Mine was a takeoff from a Trek Fuel EX 9.8 2023, and it’s now on a 2021 Giant Trance X2 29, which requires a similar shim tune according to Giant and Fox. Definitely worth it if you like to mess with settings.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026850
Mobile Version of Website