Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Clicky hubs, suggestions??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Clicky hubs, suggestions??
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
thanks, im either gonna get the pro2 or a dmr revolver pro sumthing i cant remember

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
iv seen loads of hope hubs 10mm with bent axles so they arnt the best bet for a singlespeed hub either as the non trials ones have soft alloy cassete bodies which singlespeed cogs dig in to.
I have a halo djd and its pretty loud and makes a nice clean noise.

loudest hub i can think of is either the sun ringle downhill hub i think its called the lawhill, or the profile mtb singlespeed hub.

oh and to the guy that said the khe giesha freecoaster was really loud all freecoasters run silently as they dont use traditional pawl and ratchet mechanisms

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
^ the Pro II trials/ss hub has a steel axle and steel freehub body, so no breakage/bendage or diginage.

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 4:05 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
^ the Pro II trials/ss hub has a steel axle and steel freehub body, so no breakage/bendage or diginage.

He said non trials ones has soft alloy casstte bodiesWink

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 4:09 Quote
bigquotesoh and to the guy that said the khe giesha freecoaster was really loud all freecoasters run silently as they dont use traditional pawl and ratchet mechanisms

thanks for enlightening me man, i never knew that...i only own a khe reverse...

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 4:33 Quote
Has anyone had any experiences with the Halo DJD Rear Hub, whats it like??

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 4:52 Quote
my friend just got a rear revolver hub and he really likes it. it also has a nice click to it. have u though of a sun ringle? i have 1 and its clicky

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 6:01 Quote
nepali wrote:
I have a halo djd hub its really nice and is quite loud. I did have to replace the bearings in the driver after about 7 months of riding everyday but i was running my chain tight because of microdrive set up. Well worth the money though

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
pete-roles-a-revell wrote:
nepali wrote:
I have a halo djd hub its really nice and is quite loud. I did have to replace the bearings in the driver after about 7 months of riding everyday but i was running my chain tight because of microdrive set up. Well worth the money though

would u go this or hope pro II trials

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
I have some hadley hubs and they are really loud. They also perform really nice and are super solid! Go for them! (loud hubs aren't anything special though)

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
piketeam wrote:
I have some hadley hubs and they are really loud. They also perform really nice and are super solid! Go for them! (loud hubs aren't anything special though)

Hadley is like $330 though =/

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
i found one for 400 but is on sale for 220

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
bigquotesHe said non trials ones has soft alloy casstte bodies
I know, I was just clarifying that the trials/ss one was different.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 0:59 Quote
Hope pro 2 single speed/ trials very noisy, or sun ringle they make a nice raket

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
bigquotesHe said non trials ones has soft alloy casstte bodies
I know, I was just clarifying that the trials/ss one was different.

Well yes to clarify they are different, trials is a steel cassette body

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020119
Mobile Version of Website