Powered by Outside

scammers

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
spenceraaatimmermans wrote:
does anyone think this is a scammer ?
Hello, Thanks allot for your response, So I am glad to know that the BIKE is still available for sale. The price is ok by me as I am pleased to inform you that I will buy the BIKE from you do let me know if this is acceptable by you so that I can make payment at once which will be by a Canadian Certified Cheque. to enable me do so I will require your: Name:-, Address:-, State:-, Postal Code:-, Telephone Number:- So that the payment can be made to you with the check immediately you receive the Cheque, you shall take it to your bank and let the money be on your account. Upon clearance of the check into your account, I will now instruct my shipping company to come over to your location and have the BIKE shipped to me.I shall be expecting your response ,Oh by the way I'm located in Oklahoma, gonna need it here, I know its a pretty long distance, I've got the shipping covered. Thanks and God blessFrancis

I'm happy these people are so stupid.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
this guy is a scammer dont sell him anything or give any info!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
i emailed him cause he said he was interested in the bike in my inbox on pinbke the sent me that message back. So he has my email that doesnt matter ight.

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 at 0:00 Quote
From experience;
-Since he said Hello "Seller", probably a scam.
-He didn't actually mention the actual bike you were selling, he just said 'bike'.
-John Smith sounds like a pretty phony name.
-And his 'GMAIL' account is the same as his username so he probably just made up a fake e-mail.
-On his profile, he has no recent activity, no profile picture, no pictures and no nothing which definatly means he is a scammer.

By the sounds of it, he created a fake name and account to scam some people.

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 at 0:01 Quote
spenceraaatimmermans wrote:
i emailed him cause he said he was interested in the bike in my inbox on pinbke the sent me that message back. So he has my email that doesnt matter ight.

It could either be nothing at all to worry, or you have majorly big troubles my friend.

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
http://wezzo08.pinkbike.com/ - sold an item with incorrect things included. Rejecting this fact. Can include log and photos.

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 12:18 Quote
Has anyone bought anything from kevinsmomisfat? I bought the Travis single he had on the 4-2-11 and have yet to receive it. He hasn't taken it down for sale, hasn't given me a tracking # or confirmed it was shipped, hasn't responded to my messages, and hasn't returned my phone calls (he called me during the initial sale). His Ebay has 2 positive feedback (1 as a buyer and 1 as a seller) and 1 neutral feedback.

I opened a Pay-pal dispute with him today and am waiting for a response. I wouldn't think he is a scammer considering I have his phone number, Paypal, Ebay, and Pinkbike info. All I know is I want a for for my bike!

http://kevinsmomisfat.pinkbike.com/

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 9:42 Quote
i was supposed to be swapping my avid brakes for some hopes sent mine to the adress a few weeks ago thought it was dogy tht i did not recive any brake but yesterday my avids came back in the post they had been returnded to sellers adresss i as the adresss he gave was not valid i have not recived the hope break and now hes accusing me of scamming i have ot recived the break can i prove this anway

Posted: Sep 17, 2013 at 21:28 Quote
Man, I'm just sick of scammers. Out of the 15 replies I got on a bike I was selling, 10 of them were scammers. Seriously? Why try to screw me out of a bike when you could bone up on your computer skills and try and hack into a bank in all the free time you have to make fake accounts just to send one message? These people really need to go bother somebody who isn't selling their bikes to pay bills.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 4:23 Quote
Not exactly a scam, but wondering how you guys would handle this situation:

Messaged a frequent poster/member (DHcamcam) here for a Sram shifter+rear derailleur, after a week, got response back that said he still had the item and how much to paypal.

Sent paypal funds right away on 16th, but the guy says he's out of town and will ship when he gets back.

4 days later I send a msg to see what's up and his response is:
"Been looking for last few days and can't find them, will transfer money back tomorrow, sorry"

Meanwhile the ad is still up.

WTF. Is there no responsibility in being a flake?

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 22:57 Quote
Hey man I told you a LOOOONNNGG time ago I didn't have the derailleur/shifter and I would refund you your money. I had two derailleurs and I moved jobs and I must have lost it in the move. I was unaware I had lost it otherwise I wouldn't of posted an ad for it. I am very sorry for the inconvenience but I'm not on pinkbike everyday due to the fact that I am in and out of the country a lot and I don't have cell service or internet connection. I TOLD YOU I WOULD REFUND THE MONEY BUT YOU INSISTED I NEEDED TO LOOK FOR IT SO YOU COULD FINISH YOUR BUILD. I'm greatly sorry for the inconvenience. I was not intending to rob you of your time or money. I was just trying to help my dad out by selling his bike parts for him. I should've taken the ad down, my mistake. @taipeigooch

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 7:04 Quote
Apologies accepted, Cam and his Dad went out of their way to make up for the mistake and run around. Mistakes happen and this was the case here. @DHcamcam

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
Is there a function within pinkbike where you can scan a username for posting fake items and or scams? I tried the search function and nothing came up.

Is there any way to vet users on pinkbike? Just trying to be cautious with purchases

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 22:15 Quote
CDT77 wrote:
Is there a function within pinkbike where you can scan a username for posting fake items and or scams? I tried the search function and nothing came up.

Is there any way to vet users on pinkbike? Just trying to be cautious with purchases

I usually scope out their profile and see if they have any posts or interactions with other users, especially if they don't have a profile pic. It's a good idea to use Paypal too because you can get your money back if anything goes wrong.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034910
Mobile Version of Website