Powered by Outside

All you old pinkbikers! from 2005 era!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
All you old pinkbikers! from 2005 era!
O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
carnell wrote:
superman-4 wrote:
I used to post on here all the time in like 02/03. I had over 4500 posts before 2005ish when I stopped coming on regularily. It was good times back then, the forum was actually Calgary based (most of the members were from Cgy) and there were actually group rides and stuff.

Before that weren't you from the burnaby area you used to post some pics of the KY jumps in Port Moody?

Actually yes, i'm surprised you remember that. I started riding around 01, rode Burnaby Mtn (nicoles pole!! woooo) and KY djs alot back then, I moved to Calgary in summer 02, promptly joined pinkbike (I belive my join date was aug 22 02) and started riding here. Posted some stuff from back in BC and also stuff I was riding in Cgy at the time (COP, homefoods etc).
Lol those were the good old days. Anyone remember the guys who were around alot back then, like MiKeY, FCF-spec, k0na? etc? Good times.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
Wes-Barber wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
Well lettusdude, it would appear that you had me going for two full years! I honestly thought it was your kid all this time.

Haha same here.

Hahaha I don't see why. I confessed to the joke back on old pb in the original thread. I did share a room with the kid until he was about 9 or 10 months old though. So I did get a taste of what fatherhood is like, what with the waking up at 3 am to feed him and change diapers and what not

Ah well. I guess I'm just THAT good of a prankster!Wink

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
superman-4 wrote:
carnell wrote:
superman-4 wrote:
I used to post on here all the time in like 02/03. I had over 4500 posts before 2005ish when I stopped coming on regularily. It was good times back then, the forum was actually Calgary based (most of the members were from Cgy) and there were actually group rides and stuff.

Before that weren't you from the burnaby area you used to post some pics of the KY jumps in Port Moody?

Actually yes, i'm surprised you remember that. I started riding around 01, rode Burnaby Mtn (nicoles pole!! woooo) and KY djs alot back then, I moved to Calgary in summer 02, promptly joined pinkbike (I belive my join date was aug 22 02) and started riding here. Posted some stuff from back in BC and also stuff I was riding in Cgy at the time (COP, homefoods etc).
Lol those were the good old days. Anyone remember the guys who were around alot back then, like MiKeY, FCF-spec, k0na? etc? Good times.

i still remember the first thread i ever opened was "I'm getting i hate mikey t-shirts made up, who wants one?".

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
superman-4 wrote:
carnell wrote:
superman-4 wrote:

I can remember FCF-spec from back on the old pinkbike, barely, but I do remember him.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
Jonbikes, was your avatar before a hard tail with a dualcrown fork?

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
cohenp wrote:
adonis wrote:
haha lettusdude, i recognize your name!

Are the guys from Drop In still considered like super stars? Do they till have that show around?

Buddy of mine saw Jared Jesperson at a party a couple weeks ago. Apparantly he hasn't been biking as much because the course load for engineering is pretty tough. Apparantly though Jared was by far the drunkest person at the party. He's been working out a lot and is pretty jacked I guess. He was carrying the keg around and punching people in the face and being punched in the face. He also jumped into a half empty pool of leaves as well.

LMAO insane... that guy was crazy
Anyone one know what happened to shawn denny? he was my fave rider

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
I was cool and googled him but didn't find anything new haha.
Although one link was for facebook but can't view his profile.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 8:37 Quote
adonis wrote:
cohenp wrote:
adonis wrote:
haha lettusdude, i recognize your name!

Are the guys from Drop In still considered like super stars? Do they till have that show around?

Buddy of mine saw Jared Jesperson at a party a couple weeks ago. Apparantly he hasn't been biking as much because the course load for engineering is pretty tough. Apparantly though Jared was by far the drunkest person at the party. He's been working out a lot and is pretty jacked I guess. He was carrying the keg around and punching people in the face and being punched in the face. He also jumped into a half empty pool of leaves as well.

LMAO insane... that guy was crazy
Anyone one know what happened to shawn denny? he was my fave rider
Same, while I'm not into trials he seems like a super chill rider.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
i'm pretty sure denny is in school.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
Denny was always a favorite of mine on drop in. It's awesome seeing such a short guy rip it on a 26" trials rig.

I miss drop in actually. Season 1 and 2 were my favorite, season 3 was ok, but not as good. The new drop in just sucks. There wasn't any overly amazing riding on dropin either, what made it so great was the lifestyle aspect of it. Seeing a bunch of guys crammed into a bus and drive around Alberta and BC all summer to ride bikes is the best idea for a show ever.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
zwak wrote:
Jonbikes, was your avatar before a hard tail with a dualcrown fork?

Yes sir, that was my old norco ryde with an '00 Jr.T. What a ghetto bike that was.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
oh heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey everybuuddy...

so with an april 02 join date, I think I remember everyone. brassballs, mikey, fcfspec, people whose avatars i forget but real names were simple, and we planned some trafficking stereo equipment across the borders. back in the days when... lets see. I remember when the Dj1 came out, had 130mm of travel, and everyone FREAKED THE HELL OUT because that was waaay too much travel for a single crown. right. or when double wides and 3" tires were the. only. way. to. go. I still have pictures shot on a disposable camera, because digi's weren't like, that available.

I remember that, when you saw any mountainbike with the seat down, your first thought was, FREERIDE! and other such terms that now kinda run ya the wrong way.

ah, 45lb bikes... hah.

i am riding less as well, no lie. but thats somewhat the case when you pick up a job, and have to pay for all this stuff. But, I still do make some frames here and there.

we stopped out to our old warehouse a little while ago.. it turned into a couple of us sitting around, drinkin some beers and reminiscing about the old days.

anyone got other fond memories of people places and things from when you got started?

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
draco wrote:
anyone got other fond memories of people places and things from when you got started?

Wow. I haven't seen anything from you in a LONG time. I still have a bunch of picture of some of the frames you built. And of that warehouse and I kind of remember some stories revolving around it. And a story about someone getting their truck stuck like 500m from the highway, then the tow truck got suck. The tow truck got out and left them there. The forum was much for fun back then due the more personal nature of things. All the "inside" jokes and stuff. And the MOD wars, ahhhhh, anyone remember those?

I follow this forum for awhile but never made an account. So I have a later join date, but I was there. I was like that guy you saw at grad and were like "Who the f*ck is that?" Just because you didn't see me, doesn't mean I wasn't there.Ninja

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
chewonit64 wrote:
draco wrote:

Wow. I haven't seen anything from you in a LONG time. I still have a bunch of picture of some of the frames you built. And of that warehouse and I kind of remember some stories revolving around it. And a story about someone getting their truck stuck like 500m from the highway, then the tow truck got suck. The tow truck got out and left them there. The forum was much for fun back then due the more personal nature of things. All the "inside" jokes and stuff. And the MOD wars, ahhhhh, anyone remember those?

I follow this forum for awhile but never made an account. So I have a later join date, but I was there. I was like that guy you saw at grad and were like "Who the f*ck is that?" Just because you didn't see me, doesn't mean I wasn't there.Ninja

oh god thats right. all the stories. it took 3 tow trucks winched together to get larry and andrews trucks out, 323ft from the road. at 3am. and 30*F. in mud.

the warehouse. we had shore built up in there, jumps, parties, cars inside, everything. I bet there are some really old pics still on the pb photo server.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
Im pretty sure I originally joined back in december 2004... Was at a bike comp in the middle of december, and 2 little known guys called Jared Jesperson and Doug Fink gave me pinkbike stickers that I still have to this date. Kinda cool Big Grin .

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.059247
Mobile Version of Website