Powered by Outside

Sexist Pigs, sometimes they really are....

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Sexist Pigs, sometimes they really are....
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
ive been riding with my fiance before and had some arsewipes making fun of her until she turned round and targeted one and commented on his "manhood" and the lack of it.... seemed to shut them all up pretty quick!

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
terri-anne wrote:
I work for a cycle retailer, in an office full of guys who come from all kinds of backgrounds- bmx, road, dirt jumping, xc- they all give me crap for racing 4X. I don't know why?? Apart from one guy out of 9 of them, I'm the only one who has the balls to race! They laugh at me if I don't do well, they knock me down if I mess up. If I've got a good race photo, they rip into it, picking at every flaw. Then I got my van- for transporting my three bikes around, racing etc- wow I paid for that when the guys found out! I've had it for 3 months, and I still get negative comments. *yawn*

I'm bored of it now, so I just try and let their comments go over my head. I love going off, travelling around, racing with my mates- then come Monday I know I'll get grief.

So I fully sympathise with any girl, trying to make a stand- trying to prove that she genuinley loves to ride- she's not just a 'hot' bistander. Becuase thats what it is, we're forever trying to prove ourselves, when actually we just want to get out and ride.

I guess us guy bikers tend to get carried away sometimes. And we also mock each other. But sometimes its easier to get carried away with girls. Still I find most of the time girls to be really nice about it and therefore make it less likely for it to stop. But when girls start getting serious faces after stupid comments guys make, or just don´t find it funny is when its most likely to stop. Anyway, I don´t think they mean any harm, its just like the guy above said. They are either jelous, or they vent their insecurities through you.

2 cents

Mod
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
move to canada Terri-Anne.. there can be too of us. Generally the guys here know that girls can ride and don't make a deal about it... just another person on the trails.

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 1:15 Quote
ammosally wrote:
thankfully, the guys at my shop know i can ride and respect me for it. they occasionally tear into me more often when i get hit on at the store... i know a lot of guys think that just because we are chicks, we don't know what we are talking about or can't ride worth shit or can't tune a bike! we need to all get together and start up our own chick shop...

A chick shop- now I like the sound of that!!!! Salute

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 1:16 Quote
t3rr1 wrote:
move to canada Terri-Anne.. there can be too of us. Generally the guys here know that girls can ride and don't make a deal about it... just another person on the trails.

Yeah Whistler was awesome- the guys were really support, a good laugh, and they were well awared that some girls could kick thier ass! It seemed that girls were more accepted as riders, and encouraged, compared to girls here in the UK....

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 1:18 Quote
thrice wrote:
terri-anne wrote:
I work for a cycle retailer, in an office full of guys who come from all kinds of backgrounds- bmx, road, dirt jumping, xc- they all give me crap for racing 4X. I don't know why?? Apart from one guy out of 9 of them, I'm the only one who has the balls to race! They laugh at me if I don't do well, they knock me down if I mess up. If I've got a good race photo, they rip into it, picking at every flaw. Then I got my van- for transporting my three bikes around, racing etc- wow I paid for that when the guys found out! I've had it for 3 months, and I still get negative comments. *yawn*

I'm bored of it now, so I just try and let their comments go over my head. I love going off, travelling around, racing with my mates- then come Monday I know I'll get grief.

So I fully sympathise with any girl, trying to make a stand- trying to prove that she genuinley loves to ride- she's not just a 'hot' bistander. Becuase thats what it is, we're forever trying to prove ourselves, when actually we just want to get out and ride.

I guess us guy bikers tend to get carried away sometimes. And we also mock each other. But sometimes its easier to get carried away with girls. Still I find most of the time girls to be really nice about it and therefore make it less likely for it to stop. But when girls start getting serious faces after stupid comments guys make, or just don´t find it funny is when its most likely to stop. Anyway, I don´t think they mean any harm, its just like the guy above said. They are either jelous, or they vent their insecurities through you.

2 cents

Hey, thanks for the response Smile

I don't let them know it gets on my nerve- trust me! I know it gets worse if you react- but I thought I would share my experience here. But thanks for the feedback- I appreciate it Salute

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 3:15 Quote
terri-anne wrote:
thrice wrote:
terri-anne wrote:

2 cents

I don't let them know it gets on my nerve- trust me! I know it gets worse if you react- but I thought I would share my experience here. But thanks for the feedback- I appreciate it Salute

don't think it matters too much anymore if you are a woman or a man. people will be people and it is always greener on the other side and that what others have that they have not will be attacked, stolen, mocked, vandalised, etc etc.

It's good that not all people are people and do actually evolve beyond the usual limited traits that are the motivator for such topics as this thread.

moutnainbiking used to be about fun and being outside having a laugh and lots of adrenalin. pitty that so many in their pretty pj's are taking this sport down the same rubbish marketing "you have to have the latest colours" bs and all the i am better than you and you are rubbish balah balah.

i say stfu and on yer bike Smile

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 3:27 Quote
I've had some really positive experiences riding with guys, and much younger guys at that. They're really encouraging, and usually stoked to have the chance to ride with someone who doesn't judge them like their peers do.

I got into bmx racing like that. Everyone was really nice.

FL
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 5:11 Quote
lol read that as 'sexiest pigs' and was like what.the.f*ck.
But yeah the Op's point about people being c*nts about girls riding.
but i get stick from my female mates about riding as well!

but on a more serious note i think it's so rare to find a girl who rides any kind of bike in the uk that most people wont believe that your any good. saying that i met a girl in kenya who was on a seperate trip to me who had an orange patriot or 222 (cant remember the model exactly) and i didnt believe her initially until she showed me her phone background and it was her bike, i felt well embaressed lol.

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
Keit wrote:
terri-anne wrote:
thrice wrote:

2 cents

don't think it matters too much anymore if you are a woman or a man. people will be people and it is always greener on the other side and that what others have that they have not will be attacked, stolen, mocked, vandalised, etc etc.

It's good that not all people are people and do actually evolve beyond the usual limited traits that are the motivator for such topics as this thread.

moutnainbiking used to be about fun and being outside having a laugh and lots of adrenalin. pitty that so many in their pretty pj's are taking this sport down the same rubbish marketing "you have to have the latest colours" bs and all the i am better than you and you are rubbish balah balah.

i say stfu and on yer bike Smile

Agreed. I always say its better to compliment people. Compliment them on their new house, car, bike, race they won, race they lost, riding ability. Anything really. We are always quick to judge ourselves, so there isn´t really a need to point out to people what they might have done wrong or whatever. Even if it gives you a sense of superiority. And we have all done that at some point.

Like you said, lets try and go beyond the usual limited traits.

And yes, there are plenty of people out there giving a good example of this.

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 23:37 Quote
My ex rode. She rode a Santa Cruz V-10 and she could almost beat me in a race. One day we were out riding and these fags on XC hardtails started saying stuff like "Why are you riding?", "Do you cry when your boyfriend goes down so much faster than you?" (I actually didn't go that much faster than her. She was quick).

So anywho, she said to one of the guys "Stand up for a sec..", so he stood up. She walks over to him and pulls his pants right down to his ankles lol .

I couldn't stop laughing. What a great day Smile

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 0:14 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
My ex rode. She rode a Santa Cruz V-10 and she could almost beat me in a race. One day we were out riding and these fags on XC hardtails started saying stuff like "Why are you riding?", "Do you cry when your boyfriend goes down so much faster than you?" (I actually didn't go that much faster than her. She was quick).

So anywho, she said to one of the guys "Stand up for a sec..", so he stood up. She walks over to him and pulls his pants right down to his ankles lol .

Hahaha, what a legend.

Did he cry?

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
terri-anne wrote:
Did he cry?
What do you take me for?

PS It wasnt really me...

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
terri-anne wrote:
woody-dh wrote:

Hahaha, what a legend.

Did he cry?

Haha, no but that would've been funny.

He just had the most blank look on his face I've ever seen.

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
I havent had any problem with guys where I ride. They are happy to see a female rider and encourage it. Most of them with their ladies rode too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.412449
Mobile Version of Website