Powered by Outside

Best AM Bike: Enduro vs. Reign vs. Remedy

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best AM Bike: Enduro vs. Reign vs. Remedy
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
It seems from what i can gather in canada and the states the remedys are expensive,but over here in England they are superb value for money.There is no way you could come close with a custom build.A whole remedy 7 with good components for about the same price as an Intense frame alone.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
SIDESHOWBOB wrote:
It seems from what i can gather in canada and the states the remedys are expensive,but over here in England they are superb value for money.There is no way you could come close with a custom build.A whole remedy 7 with good components for about the same price as an Intense frame alone.

How much is a Remedy over there?

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
i would normally root for the enduro but spesh was retarded and put weenie XC componets on it
I would say go for the trek its a nice bike with real burly AM stuff

edit: but the spesh has a better suspension design in the rear
and aviod all enduros with the future shock e150 fork as they tend to blow up

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
poozank wrote:
i would normally root for the enduro but spesh was retarded and put weenie XC componets on it

How is the modified FSR better than Full Floater evo link?

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
i have an enduro and i know people with reign and remedys, in my opinion the enduro and reign are very similar and both ride great, but the remedy not so much, but this is mainly due to the lower quality of the build

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
Cata1yst wrote:
poozank wrote:

How is the modified FSR better than Full Floater evo link?
thats what literate chimp told me he is a rocket scientist/ engineer

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 8:54 Quote
jammyboy366 wrote:
i have an enduro and i know people with reign and remedys, in my opinion the enduro and reign are very similar and both ride great, but the remedy not so much, but this is mainly due to the lower quality of the build

I was reading a blurb on the new Treks in a recent MBA. They mentioned the engineer behind the link concentric with the rear axle joined the company and project late resulting in the '08's being rushed to market. Improvements for 2009 focused on dialing in the design to improve the ride.

Its not that the '08s were bad bikes I just didn't feel they were as compliant as the Giants or evn my RMB element race. The also weren't a very good value IMO considering how much more the Remedy 7 cost compared to a Reign 1 and my comparison was between the '08 Remedy and '09 Reign.

Still, in the end ya gotta buy what you like and if you like one over the others for whatever reason that is the one you should get regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 11:15 Quote
[Quote="canadiandegelder"]
SIDESHOWBOB wrote:

How much is a Remedy over there?[/Quote
i got a very good deal on my remedy but even if you pay full whack its only 1900 pounds,a decent frame will cost you 1200 over here 1700 if its intense.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 8:32 Quote
after checking out the Reign, Enduro, and Remedy.. i'm pretty sure i'd be pickin' up the Remedy.. if i was actually shopping for myself (maybe next year).

The Reign X series would be too much travel and weight for my purposes... the regular reign series pulls it back a bit too much; it's a little steeper than the Enduro and Remedy and has 10 and 20mm less travel up front, respectively... it's a bit more on the XC end of the spectrum.

The Enduro is sweet... but for a guy at 220 that wants to ride aggressively and catch a bit of air; i'd rather see a 36 up front and even a 1.5" headtube .. i'd also prefer a Fox RP23 to the Specialized shock. I haven't owned a Spesh shock before, but I can't see any reason for a bike company to spec "in house" suspension instead of proven aftermarket brands other than to save money. I do like the spec and frame on the Enduro.. and the 67 - 68 HA adjustment is a perfect touch for a bike in this category.. I dig the FSR supsension and the Spesh brand too.. i've put two seasons on my Stumpie with no complaints.

However, the Trek Remedy seemed to have the right balance of everything i'd want in an AM bike.. for rippin' XC trails, fireroad climbs up to freeride trails, and even railing machine built berms and tables at the ski hill... it just looked right, felt right, and was spec'd right... it is a damn sexy looking frame too. One criticism to the Trek is the "E2" headtube... gimme a break.. just make it 1.5 and give me a few extra grams rather than giving me a fork with a custom steertube with zero resale value. All this hype like it's something new... My Klein Mantra Race (circa 1999) had the same thing... i'd rather just have a straight 1.5.

If i was a lighter rider, or knew i wouldn't be jumping and pushing the bike a bit, then the Enduro would be the second choice.. and it's what i've chosen for the wife!

I've got my eye on the Remedy for next year!

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
As a proud owner of an Enduro, I have a few things to add. I agree that it's very unusual to stock in-house suspension, but it works fantastically well. Personally, I am not a huge brand name person, but overall I'd probably rather a Fox, but now that I'm riding it, I've no complaints at all.

I have never tried a remedy, and it's only a little far fetched, but my friend owns an EX8, and while it's a great bike, there's a suspicious recurrence of pinch flats. It's not a question of how the tires are pumped or replaced, as there was one instance where they brought the bike to a shop to get one changed, and it popped whili riding home on the road.

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 1:31 Quote
i have got a remedy and i love it, it pedals brilliantly for a 160mm travel rig on the flat and on the climbs, but on the downs it really comes into its own it eats up drops and rocks with ease putting a lot of confidence in the rider as it makes you want to go faster and faster, the lyrics are brilliant forks for this bike with the larger stantions than the pikes etc and the maxle, i have riden a top of the range 09 spesh enduro and i must say yes the bike is nice but for the price i would rather have the remedy for the componants, i found the fox 32talas to be nice forks but there was a lot of twisting with the 32 stantions and the 15mm axle when compared to a pair of pikes or lyric which did put me of going into rocky sections with great speed, one other thing i noticed is how badly the rear shock performed on the enduro when compared to other shocks i have tried such as floats, RP2's , equalisers on a ransom, which where all in a completly different league for performance,
photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3331/3284841712_fd2b47d7f3.jpg

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
does anyone have confirmed weights on stock Remedy 7, Remedy 8, Enduro Comp, or Enduro Expert?

I know their all 30ish... but looking for confirmed weights, not claimed, modified, or speculated.

Thanks!

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
w-e-w wrote:
does anyone have confirmed weights on stock Remedy 7, Remedy 8, Enduro Comp, or Enduro Expert?

I know their all 30ish... but looking for confirmed weights, not claimed, modified, or speculated.

Thanks!

My 09 Remedy 7 in a 19.5" (large) weighed in at slightly over 32 lbs (32.02 if i remember correctly) out of the box with flat pedals put on. I guess its not confirmed without any pics.

I'm taking it for its first ride today!!

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
whats the big deal with the weight of all these bikes? you know they are all in the low 30's ... they're not race bikes, they are all mountain rigs. they're not meant to go uphill fast but at a decent clip and also meant to rip on the descents.

My Enduro prob gained a little weight with the swapping out of dhx air for a coil and losing the talas 36 in exchange for a lyrik u-turn but it just makes it more fun on the hairy stuff. climbs about the same in my opinion. 2 cents

it's still light compared to a dh rig but definitely not an xc bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032650
Mobile Version of Website