Powered by Outside

Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel
Mod
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
It clearly is the rider not the bike! My friend rode a Reign X0 in 2007 that was built up to his liking and he had no issues with spinning or flipping the bike. As well, he rode some light DH on it without any issues. I am not convinced that you know about the Reign X. He has videos on here of him jumping the bike and riding some light DH. You can see them for yourself in my favorites. It can definitly fly and bomb!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
Laurie for the record you may want to mention the user and maybe even post a video of him yourself.... The user is MitchT I'll try and find a Vid...
EDIT: Here is the vid:
Views: 10,244    Faves: 94    Comments: 32

Some SICK shots of him on his Reign X!!!

Mod
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
I'm on a Black Berry right now so my functions are limited as far as posting is concerned.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
I'm on a Black Berry right now so my functions are limited as far as posting is concerned.
Oh k kewl kewl, sorry if i sounded a little harsh there Salute

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
Lepe wrote:
whats a good freeride, dirtjump, slopestyle, downhill bike with 5-6 inches of rear travel ive been trying to find one

anyone help?

the style of trails or what ill be riding is VERY light downhill action(just going downhill with wall rides and small beds of rocks nothing big at all) and in the way downhill lots of jumps (step ups, drops, step downs, regular jumps) and a bike with a good geometry to hit dirt jumps. cause ill have a couple of dirt jump sessions and practice getting 360's and tricks

trek fuel ex 7 and up!! best am bike out

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
pake wrote:
dellow wrote:
oh srry but ya u can by boosting the stroke from 2 - 2.25 and removing the front derailer
pretty sure you would need a new rear shock and taking out the front derailer doesn't do shit
ya u would need a new shock...and ya becuase factory mounted it would interfear with the swing arm but i took mine off already it was bent to shit so its all good

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
Here's what I can think of right now:

Banshee Wildcard
Giant Regin X
Intense 6.6SS
Kona Bass
Norco Empire 5
Specialized SX or SX Trail
Transition Bottle Rocket

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
How is the Bottle Rocket a better bike? Heavier, no platform, and a one year warranty compared to a lifetime warranty? I'm confused! Very confused
life time crash replacement! i have a transition trust me on this!

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
How is the Bottle Rocket a better bike? Heavier, no platform, and a one year warranty compared to a lifetime warranty? I'm confused! Very confused

It is by far the worst bike for dh. The suspensions bump compliance is that of a super cycle. I rode an 09 with an 09 dhx (also rode a blindside that was very similar) tuned to my weight at whistler and it was horrendous on anything fast and bumpy. Good lord do not get that bike for anything related to dhing.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

It is by far the worst bike for dh. The suspensions bump compliance is that of a super cycle. I rode an 09 with an 09 dhx (also rode a blindside that was very similar) tuned to my weight at whistler and it was horrendous on anything fast and bumpy. Good lord do not get that bike for anything related to dhing.
yah it dosent take all the bumps like a dh bike derrr. its made to pop of jumps and keep flow. if you run a lower air presure it can ride tec fine. like i rode mine on the trail crack addict....tec trail.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

he aint talkin about doing all dh... its a freeride bike for light dhing... wants sumtin to dj wit and light dh and to do drops...

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
dhrunner wrote:
dher0521 wrote:

he aint talkin about doing all dh... its a freeride bike for light dhing... wants sumtin to dj wit and light dh and to do drops...

Yes and I mentioned that any stepping towards the realm of dh on the bottlerocket is a bad idea. Otherwise I found it very fit for freeride and some dj

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

well it is a slopestyle bike.........

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
I think that you should go with the bottle rocket, but I would also look into the new Santa Cruz Driver 8. Its got 8" rear VPP travel, but it can supposedly do downhill, park, freeride, hucking, and backcountry. I haven't heard much about it review-wise but it looks like a toned-down version of the v-10, so you can assume its good.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
the santa cruz nomad would be a good choice but i dont know about the travel

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015028
Mobile Version of Website