Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:
harorida123 wrote:
I am looking at getting a Kona Stinky 2009. i want some opinions on the bike. whether its good or bad. let me kno.
I have rode one a little bit and its alright, but Im a hardtailer so I cant name any pros or cons about the suspension. For a beginner dh/freeride bike, id say, buy it. Ignore what all these Kona Haters say, because any frame can brake, it depends how you ride it.
Most frames can Brake, but it depends on what type of Brake: Juicy 7, Code etc.

I am pretty sure you meant Break...

O+
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:37 Quote
doberdude wrote:
Mike-MTB wrote:
harorida123 wrote:
I am looking at getting a Kona Stinky 2009. i want some opinions on the bike. whether its good or bad. let me kno.
I have rode one a little bit and its alright, but Im a hardtailer so I cant name any pros or cons about the suspension. For a beginner dh/freeride bike, id say, buy it. Ignore what all these Kona Haters say, because any frame can brake, it depends how you ride it.
Most frames can Brake, but it depends on what type of Brake: Juicy 7, Code etc.

I am pretty sure you meant Break...
Haha yes, break would be the term.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:44 Quote
forgive me if i'm wrong but is the new kona 2010 range not due to be released in the next couple of weeks because was the 09 range released in june last year ?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
My tiny little local bike shop got them eary this year, like around March if I can remember right

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:
My tiny little local bike shop got them eary this year, like around March if I can remember right

are they nice?

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:52 Quote
Really? Anyone got pics?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 9:21 Quote
Oooh my bad guys I thought he said 2009 not 2010!!! I'm sorry!

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 9:23 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:
Oooh my bad guys I thought he said 2009 not 2010!!! I'm sorry!

yeh my bad , it did and then i noticed and quickley changed it

O+
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
Oh lol, okay no worries.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 9:55 Quote
Kona Stinky 08. Here's my take. This bike is pretty damn long. 48 inch wheelbase. If you're going to be riding super tight corners, get something shorter like a Transition Dirtbag. Stock, the rear shock is complete and utter shit. I've already upgraded the fork on mine because the small bump absorption on it sucks the big one. That being said, I love the frame and geo for going fast, and taking longer corners. It really is a versatile fame. Personally, I think you should buy a bike, upgrade the fork and shock as soon as you can, and upgrade everything else when it breaks or you have the money. That's what I'm doing. Once you have it upgraded to the max, if you feel like a change buy a new frame, because you will already have great component specs. I've ridden other bikes that come in at around the same price (BigHit's, SX Trails, DirtBags, Bottlerockets) and I chose to buy the Stinky. Go test some other bikes and then decide. Just my 2 cents .

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
Kona Stinky 08. Here's my take. This bike is pretty damn long. 48 inch wheelbase. If you're going to be riding super tight corners, get something shorter like a Transition Dirtbag. Stock, the rear shock is complete and utter shit. I've already upgraded the fork on mine because the small bump absorption on it sucks the big one. That being said, I love the frame and geo for going fast, and taking longer corners. It really is a versatile fame. Personally, I think you should buy a bike, upgrade the fork and shock as soon as you can, and upgrade everything else when it breaks or you have the money. That's what I'm doing. Once you have it upgraded to the max, if you feel like a change buy a new frame, because you will already have great component specs. I've ridden other bikes that come in at around the same price (BigHit's, SX Trails, DirtBags, Bottlerockets) and I chose to buy the Stinky. Go test some other bikes and then decide. Just my 2 cents .
ya that sounds like a good plan actually. i have been looking at getting the stinky, the rocky mountain flatline, or the devinci wilson 1

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
I have to say that putting the 888 n my stinky opened up a whole new side of the bike. The RCV damping system in the 66 sucks dick.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
I have to say that putting the 888 n my stinky opened up a whole new side of the bike. The RCV damping system in the 66 sucks dick.
hows that 888 workin for ya?

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
harorida123 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Awesome. Super plush. I'm just going to take out the PAR assembly any it will be even better.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 20:27 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
harorida123 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Awesome. Super plush. I'm just going to take out the PAR assembly any it will be even better.
ya, i saw it on ur profile it looked pretty sik.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031903
Mobile Version of Website