post yor older model vps bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
post yor older model vps bikes
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
this is my o2 norco drop its absolutley crazy and i love the frame design i am currently looking for a rear shock for it and a set of 888' its currently got 05 junior t's

photo

oh and thanks for telling me how to post pics

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
dylan1knight wrote:
this is my o2 norco drop its absolutley crazy and i love the frame design

photo

thats the nicest bike iv seen in a while
props man

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
-BryceD- wrote:
dylan1knight wrote:
this is my o2 norco drop its absolutley crazy and i love the frame design

photo

thats the nicest bike iv seen in a while
props man

yo thanks i just painted it but the chain is scratching up the rear triangle real bad

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
jonathancole wrote:
redline-45 wrote:
theres a reason why there are so many pre-2005 vps model norcos around. its because they're indestructable and damn good, solid bikes.

Bikes don't earn the term "VPS rattle" by being "solid".

Not really. It's because they have the encased hollow front triangle. It amplifies the sound making sound much worse that it actually is.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
Heres my 2001 Team DH
photo

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
Most Recent Pictures of My bike (2000 VPS2), Front and rear 729's rock shox lyrik solo air.

Shimano XTR

Hayes Champaign & Rear Mag
Race Face Prodigy DH cranks.

Just to name a few bits and bobs.

photo

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 12:18 Quote
kill-bodys wrote:
get a new frame, not a norco
why the f*ck are you in the norco thread if you hate norcos? screw you. GO NORCO!!!Jailbreak

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
redline-45 wrote:
jonathancole wrote:
norcolaunchme wrote:
i had it for sale on here and only got offered 900 bucks..screw that, way nicer bike than that....

Sorry but old norco VPS's are junk. You should feel lucky you got offered $900 for your old junk. YOU may like it, but there are 07 Shore 3's for sale for $1200, what makes you think some old clunky heavy bike is worth more than $900 ?

People show these bikes off and keep them around for nostalgia reasons, not because they are good bikes. Really, these bikes only got decent after 2005.
what...the...f*ck...are...you...smoking?????!!!!????? theres a reason why there are so many pre-2005 vps model norcos around. its because they're indestructable and damn good, solid bikes.

dam right bru!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
norcolaunchme wrote:
redline-45 wrote:
jonathancole wrote:

Sorry but old norco VPS's are junk. You should feel lucky you got offered $900 for your old junk. YOU may like it, but there are 07 Shore 3's for sale for $1200, what makes you think some old clunky heavy bike is worth more than $900 ?

People show these bikes off and keep them around for nostalgia reasons, not because they are good bikes. Really, these bikes only got decent after 2005.
what...the...f*ck...are...you...smoking?????!!!!????? theres a reason why there are so many pre-2005 vps model norcos around. its because they're indestructable and damn good, solid bikes.

dam right bru!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
norcolaunchme wrote:
norcolaunchme wrote:
redline-45 wrote:

dam right bru!

this website is bull for tying to sell a bike anyways..kids only come on here trying to trade there ps3 and there baseball bat and a supercycle for your bike......my launch was unused even though its a 4 year old bike.....try finding a better full suspension free riding bike that a piece for under 1300......

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
norcolaunchme wrote:
norcolaunchme wrote:
norcolaunchme wrote:

dam right bru!

this website is bull for tying to sell a bike anyways..kids only come on here trying to trade there ps3 and there baseball bat and a supercycle for your bike......my launch was unused even though its a 4 year old bike.....try finding a better full suspension free riding bike that a piece for under 1300......

There are 2 07 Norco Six's in good condition for $1200 as of this week. A newer Norco Six is worlds better.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:00 Quote
here's my 02 Norco Fluid VPS

yes it's still a VPS even though it's not a big box frame

photo

PS it's for sale!

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 4:59 Quote
DJMcG wrote:

not all VPS's have the big box frames. my friend has an 05 VPS Six and it doesnt have the massively huge frame...its only certain models and years that have that tell-tale boxed frame the everyone recognizes

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
norcolaunchme wrote:
redline-45 wrote:
jonathancole wrote:

dam right bru!
Actually JONATHANCOLE is correct. The 2005 and up frames are a better design and they're quiet. Bikes depreciate rapidly so being offered $900 for an old VPS is a good deal, hell i gave my 02 frame away. I agree that they're strong but that geometry is obsolete, you dont keep these for performance you keep out of sentiment. And before you start chewing me out for that let me say that i've owned an 02 and an 05 so i can compare.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
DJMcG wrote:
here's my 02 Norco Fluid VPS

photo

PS it's for sale!
looks just like my 05 six

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.053013
Mobile Version of Website