Powered by Outside

2010 jamis bam

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 jamis bam
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 15:15 Quote
Question for you guys that have experienced broken frames: How much time on the bike before you started seeing signs of cracks? ..and are we talking normal DH race course use or massive drops and huge jumps to cause the breakage documented here? I ask because my Son is racing a 2010 BAM2 at Snowshoe this season and I am concerned for his safety.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
morpheous wrote:
Question for you guys that have experienced broken frames: How much time on the bike before you started seeing signs of cracks? ..and are we talking normal DH race course use or massive drops and huge jumps to cause the breakage documented here? I ask because my Son is racing a 2010 BAM2 at Snowshoe this season and I am concerned for his safety.
OK. I am no expert on the matter of the bam per say but I have seen too many broken jamis' come through the door of the shop i work at to think that anyone riding one is in for a "safe" experience. I broke a friend's jamis 29er off of a 2ft drop....I wouldn't race dh on one.
he should sell the frame on here and get any other brand dh bike frame (keep the parts because the part spec on the bam is pretty mint). personally i think the most bang for your buck (and bomb proof) for a used frame would be an older glory frame but anything will be safer than the jamis.
As for the diablo thing; I have heard that the reason they rent them is because Jamis gives them all of the rental bikes FOR FREE. They would be stupid to not take a deal like that so that is why they are the official bike of diablo; not because they are good.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 7:43 Quote
morpheous wrote:

Well, I have a 2008 Bam 2 and I broke the rear swingarm in two places. I took it off of a 6 foot drop and hear a strange sound, then went off the 5 foot kicker and when I landed it snapped and got stuck in the ground, and threw me off the bike. Went in and got a new swingarm.

Here are the pics

photo

photo

Ive been racing this bike on DH tracks and at snowshoe and I havent had any new problems yet....

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 8:18 Quote
This frame breakage info is disappointing as the bike is working well for us otherwise. Bummer.

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 3:44 Quote
jweinstein wrote:
As for the diablo thing; I have heard that the reason they rent them is because Jamis gives them all of the rental bikes FOR FREE. They would be stupid to not take a deal like that so that is why they are the official bike of diablo; not because they are good.

Well thats interesting and maybe why after 3 months Jamis has not given me a replacement frame.

Posted: Dec 14, 2010 at 13:51 Quote
i have been on a parker for the past year and a half its a decent bike for what it is and i rode a bam at diablo this past summer with a buddy of mine he rode one too the only problems we had were that his saddle was rubbing on the tire when he landed hard and that was fixed by just raising the seat post i dont see why youre slamming this bike so much

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 6:01 Quote
Because Jamis makes HORIBBLE BIKES and does not stand behind them. they are LIARS and just care about money. Guess i shouldnt be surprised.

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 at 6:47 Quote
Anyone could tell me about 2010BAM2 frame? Stillcracking?

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 at 6:56 Quote
barros wrote:

No they stopped yesterday...

Posted: Mar 1, 2011 at 6:35 Quote
giant0rider wrote:
barros wrote:

Man... I´m not joking.
I got a 2006 Jamis Diablo and love the frame.
and I´m really want know about the frame.
If you couldnot help me.. please do not answer my question.

Posted: Mar 1, 2011 at 9:28 Quote
barros wrote:
giant0rider wrote:
barros wrote:

Man... I´m not joking.
I got a 2006 Jamis Diablo and love the frame.
and I´m really want know about the frame.
If you couldnot help me.. please do not answer my question.

it was a stupid question that was answered through out the thread.

Posted: Mar 1, 2011 at 18:06 Quote
the 2010 still snapped, hence why jamis is no longer offering them as a complete bike. they also re did the top shock mount to help fix the weak point in the down tube, so time will tell if they got it right.

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 15:00 Quote
hey do you guys know the specs for the rear shock for these frames? Like eye to eye and stroke?

I have a frame im selling but without the shock and just need those numbers

thanks

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 20:35 Quote
alfer907 wrote:
hey do you guys know the specs for the rear shock for these frames? Like eye to eye and stroke?

I have a frame im selling but without the shock and just need those numbers

thanks

9.5x3

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 8:02 Quote
The 2011 Jamis BAM 2 framesets have quelled the micro cracking issues on the shock mount tab welds with extended & re-enforced front shock mount tabs. The swingarm issues cited were solved in the 2010 rework of the dropout forgings and welding on the XAM and BAM bikes. Im still rocking my 2010 XAM2 and Im a 'clydesdale'. No issues at all. Great frame. My son is no longer on the 2010 BAM2 due to sponsorship opportunities, but he raced that for 1.5 seasons at Snowshoe with no issues at all. Jamis has been dependable for us. I have a spare unused polished 2010 BAM2 swingarm (chainstay section) that I bought as a precaution. Its loaded with new bearings and a hanger. For sale.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 2.618729
Mobile Version of Website