post your Mtbmx bikes

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
post your Mtbmx bikes
Posted: Sep 19, 2011 at 8:38 Quote
i like the term MTBMX.

to me, the term conveys both an approach to the bike and an approach to riding. it especially describes the type of rider who has experience in (or is influenced by) both bmx and mtb worlds and is consciously blending them.

it also makes more sense than multiple descriptors like DJ/park/26street etc.

for example....

DECLINE MAGAZINE -- The Chris Donahue Interview
http://www.declinemagazine.com/content.php?itemid=4735

Chris Donahue has been out of the mountain bike lime light for some time now, but around ten years ago he's credited as being one of the first riders to fuse street and BMX riding style with the 26-inch world. Now he's working with Dobermann bikes and talking about what he's been up to lately.

Since 2005 Dobermann bikes have been blurring the lines between Mountain Biking and BMX with their hand built MTBMX frames. It seems fitting that the latest addition to the Dobermann family is one of the original street riders that brought 20-inch style to mountain bikes in the late 90's. For 2010 Dobermann has teamed up with Chris Donahue as part of their R&D program. We sat down with Chris to see what he's been up too, and to talk about his new partnership with Dobermann.

. . . . .

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.h3publications.com/nucleus/media/78/20100414-smith_cd_005.jpg

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 at 10:47 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
So if I ride a 10-speed road bike with BMX guys, hitting the DJ and park areas, am I riding MTBMX?

Nope, because than it wouldn't be a MTB anymore Wink

It would be something like ROADIEBMX or GAYMOBILE

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 at 11:33 Quote
Well you guys can call whatever "qualifier" you want out there. I was simply referring to the actual bicycle componentry - not the style of riding. I don't really care either way. I was using what I call MTBMX. To each their own. Neither is right or wrong. It just is. Now go out and ride!

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 at 11:44 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
Well you guys can call whatever "qualifier" you want out there. I was simply referring to the actual bicycle componentry - not the style of riding. I don't really care either way. I was using what I call MTBMX. To each their own. Neither is right or wrong. It just is. Now go out and ride!

It's at night over here and it's raining outside lol

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 at 13:02 Quote
Man that was over a year ago and your replying now lol, i didn't realise at first then i saw my old bike.

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 19:06 Quote
Final NS Suburban 24" setup weight is 10.8kg

NS Sub 09 with Fox 32 s Float RLC w Deity components and Ns parts and Avid BB7 10.8kg
NS Sub 09 with Fox 32 s Float RLC w Deity components and Ns parts and Avid BB7 10.8kg

What do you guys think? Any ideas to shape down some extra?

I guess from here it is Ti bolts and alike.

Posted: Sep 19, 2013 at 19:40 Quote
bikerado3 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
what kind of bike is that

Posted: Sep 20, 2013 at 15:59 Quote
I think I added a little weight to my TOP
Transition trail or park custom paint job Dillon Chamberlain

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039341
Mobile Version of Website