Powered by Outside

Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Mod O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
Freischneider wrote:
In German-speaking countries and more. Is there the rating according to STS. http://www.singletrail-skala.de/s0
It also corresponds to their colors.
White = S0
Green = S1
blue = S2
black = S3
Black (extreme) = S4
Orange (extreme) = S5
Could you put these labels (S0-S5) behind the color? In "Add a new Trail".
Otherwise it always comes to wrong reviews. With S0-S5, most people can do something.

Freischneider

I'll add this to my list.

For technical reasons allowing a `riding area` region to belong to multiple cities is not an easy change. If an area is larger than a city, it should probably be a 'region2' that is above a city in the hierarchy.

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 0:19 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Freischneider wrote:
In German-speaking countries and more. Is there the rating according to STS. http://www.singletrail-skala.de/s0
It also corresponds to their colors.
White = S0
Green = S1
blue = S2
black = S3
Black (extreme) = S4
Orange (extreme) = S5
Could you put these labels (S0-S5) behind the color? In "Add a new Trail".
Otherwise it always comes to wrong reviews. With S0-S5, most people can do something.

Freischneider

I'll add this to my list.

For technical reasons allowing a `riding area` region to belong to multiple cities is not an easy change. If an area is larger than a city, it should probably be a 'region2' that is above a city in the hierarchy.

Germany is partially densely populated. The cities often have a small distance.
If one chooses city A in the trail, the area x will be displayed. But if he chooses city B he can not choose the area. He is shown no choice. Thus, trails are created in the area but are not listed. Some users do not know that the area exists. Only if it is displayed as a selection. But she will only do that if the city suits.
I hope that it is technically feasible.

I hope it is understandable by the meaning. Is translated with Google.

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 13:17 Quote
Hi
trailforks is super! the best at the moment.
Why there isn't opencycles map on the layer of the maps??
there is the possibility to able other layers personalized?
thanks

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 14:01 Quote
barolo71 wrote:
Hi
thanks

The website does allow you to choose "OSM" as a basemap.

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 16:01 Quote
As Jefferson County (Colorado) announced their region-wide approval of Class 1 eBikes on all of their trails, it makes me realize that you only allow eBike categorization as "Yes" or "No". Possibly time to add these options. Boulder County is in discussions with the public about if/when they will be allowing eBikes and I'm sure they will specify a specific class as well (probably Class 1).

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 0:43 Quote
canadaka wrote:
barolo71 wrote:
Hi
thanks

The website does allow you to choose "OSM" as a basemap.

ok but "OpenSteetMap" have different layer from "OpenCyclesMap " , the dates are the same but cycles maps have DEM (or similar) that is is essential for understand the trail.
Open cycles map is more outdoor maps than open street

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 3:44 Quote
Hey, can we have Single Speed as a bike type in trailforks? Unicycle is there, but how about the two wheeled version?

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 19:29 Quote
G'day!
I've added some trails under construction in the Wild Mersey trail region in Tasmania, Australia and set them to be hidden from public but now I can't see them to edit them. Would that be an admin rights issue?
Cheers

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 23:51 Quote
Stredda wrote:
G'day!
I've added some trails under construction in the Wild Mersey trail region in Tasmania, Australia and set them to be hidden from public but now I can't see them to edit them. Would that be an admin rights issue?
Cheers

If you view the trails LIST (not on map) can you see the hidden trails you’ve created under your logged in account? They will show up with a strike through the name

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 11:23 Quote
Stredda wrote:
G'day!
Cheers

I gave the CCMBC group permission to view in 'Wild Mersey' reigon.

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 15:56 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
Stredda wrote:
G'day!
Cheers

If you view the trails LIST (not on map) can you see the hidden trails you’ve created under your logged in account? They will show up with a strike through the name

Ah yes, I see them now. Thanks guys!

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 18:10 Quote
I don't know whether you guys at Trailforks have thought of this before, and sorry if you have, but I feel like this idea would make the whole Trailforks experience better for everyone.

Here's the thing: MTB trails in general are known for their sweet corners, especially flow trails. But on Trailforks, the sweeping berms look like this:
photo
Which is pretty sad.

When I started using trailforks I thought "oh, I'll just make more points so it looks more rounded" which doesn't really work because if I'm correct, there seems to be a script in place that deletes some of the points if a trail has too many? Not sure about that, but that seemed to be what's happening.

Basically what I'm saying is it would be great if there was some sort of algorithm that rounds the gaps between points, similar to the 'curvature' tool on Adobe Illustrator. Here's how it works on Illustrator and how it could work on Trailforks:
photo
photo

It's not perfect, but much better than before. If you could create an algorithm like this that is simpler than a bezier curve, just using the current points on the website, I think it would be great visual change to the map.

This is probably too difficult to do now after the website has been up so long but that was just my idea Smile Big Grin

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 18:15 Quote
Another suggestion of mine is that one of the options when you create a trail is to choose one of the two types: flow and technical. I guess this is already sort of a thing with the trail features, but it would be cool to search, for example, nearest flow trails, or instantly see which trails are flow or tech trails without having to put it in the description of the trail.

Seeming as most trails around the world are technical, that could be set as default for trails already on the database. That's my 2 cents .

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 19:37 Quote
I have though of this, but I don't like what automated curves do sometimes. But the main reason is neither Google Maps or Leaflet have this functionality when displaying a polyline. I'm sure there is ways to re-sample the source data, but I'm hesitant to storing that much more data in the database, maps and app. I wish the map SDK's could do it clientside, I believe OpenLayers has this functionality.

Currently if you add more detail to the gps track it should stay. Only points that are very close 2 m will be removed.

I have had a flow/technical field on my "todo" list for years, I've just never gotten around to adding it. Maybe it will happen this winter!

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 19:52 Quote
canadaka wrote:
I have had a flow/technical field on my "todo" list for years, I've just never gotten around to adding it. Maybe it will happen this winter!

Great, cheers for the constant updates and great website!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012956
Mobile Version of Website