Powered by Outside

Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
razorjack wrote:
hello !

does all Senders (2019-2020) CF9.0 27.5" have 240x75 shock ?

Did anyone tried Coil shock on CF Sender? does it work well ?
can I mount 241x76 (previous - (imperial?) shock ?

the first generation 2017-2020 is running imperial shock 241*76mm
never tried a coil, altough Paul Aston from pinkbike had, you can read his thoughts here
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/canyon-sender-review-2017.html

Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 0:35 Quote
I've been wondering about a coil shock as well (on a '17 cf9).
Anyone who might have any additional insights to this, besides the pb article, feel free to share.

Posted: Oct 30, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Beer Hello chum's, Just wondering if anyone know's what torque is recommended for the stem bolt. The crown is marked as 8Nm for the stanchions. But is that for all 3 bolts ?

From brand new the headset came loose so i had to redo the preload. but i find after a few ride's it come's loose again..
And setting preload seem's to be annoying. Too much and you get binding creaks/clicks. And just enough and it seems to develop play. Eek What's a good way to set it up ? Advice is appreciated.

One hit the same issue with the new CFR 29, headset comes loose after every uplift ride.

I've stripped , cleaned, tightened, replaced headset, starnut, top cap, checked clearance from top cap and steerer 4mm, checked torque vs fox installation guide and it still comes loose..grr

The pinch bolt out of the box was set to 22nm , I redone to 8nm when I was building the bike..

Is there's something I'm missing? Could it be that the original torque on pinch bolt was too high and now 8nm isn't grabbing the steerer therefore I should up the nm to say 20?

I've tightened it up correctly 6x now, top cap first, then pinch bolts on top steerer and stanchions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: Oct 30, 2022 at 15:47 Quote
Mbag85 wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:
Beer Hello chum's, Just wondering if anyone know's what torque is recommended for the stem bolt. The crown is marked as 8Nm for the stanchions. But is that for all 3 bolts ?

From brand new the headset came loose so i had to redo the preload. but i find after a few ride's it come's loose again..
And setting preload seem's to be annoying. Too much and you get binding creaks/clicks. And just enough and it seems to develop play. Eek What's a good way to set it up ? Advice is appreciated.

One hit the same issue with the new CFR 29, headset comes loose after every uplift ride.

I've stripped , cleaned, tightened, replaced headset, starnut, top cap, checked clearance from top cap and steerer 4mm, checked torque vs fox installation guide and it still comes loose..grr

The pinch bolt out of the box was set to 22nm , I redone to 8nm when I was building the bike..

Is there's something I'm missing? Could it be that the original torque on pinch bolt was too high and now 8nm isn't grabbing the steerer therefore I should up the nm to say 20?

I've tightened it up correctly 6x now, top cap first, then pinch bolts on top steerer and stanchions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The headset on my '21 Sender was always loose. One day it just disintegrated (literally). Turns out the headset spacers were plastic and just gave out. The looseness came from them deforming every time I rode. I switched to standard metal/carbon spacer and solved the problem. I'd recommend anyone to switch them out.

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 3:12 Quote
The boxxer on my dh bike always kept coming loose until I bought a box one stemlock. Been fine since then.

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
The boxxer on my dh bike always kept coming loose until I bought a box one stemlock. Been fine since then.

I'll give this a try I did buy a granite toolstash but it won't fit in the down tube.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 4:51 Quote
Hi all,
Trying to find the individual sizes for the bearings for a 2017 carbon frame. I only need to swap a single bearing out and I'm a bit loathed to buy a full set. Looking for the bearing that sits in the linkage arm on the upper link in the frame (above the main pivot link.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Cam

Posted: Dec 18, 2022 at 23:32 Quote
Hi guys,

I have a 2021 Sender CFR.
It is currently disassembled for some winter maintenance. While doing so I found that that the suspension linkages don’t run smoothly and freely as they should.
After I disassembled all of the pivots and checked the bearings, all of them were completely fine and smooth running.
So, I suspect that the cause of this “issue” were the rubber o-rings that are installed from the factory on top of every single bearing, limiting the pivot movements and causing friction.

I’m wondering if there is some negative in completely removing them, despite a little faster bearings wear?
Have somebody done it?
After checking how the suspension cycles up and down with the shock out (and the o-rings in place), I really doubt the the Canyon racing teams are running the frames with those o-rings installed. Also, if you saw one of Aston’s videos about the Sender, he is doing exactly the same to the frame - removing those rubber o-rings.

I’m not concerned about the bearings life as I change them at the end of every season. I also cannot see or think of any potential problem whatsoever with running the frame without them, but just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with doing this themselves and if it, for some reason, affected some aspect of the bike negatively?

Cheers Smile

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 0:34 Quote
I have a 2022 CFR mullet and I saw the same Aston video. I'm going to remove the o-rings and add a little more lube - like you I don't mind a bit more bearing wear. The one's on my frame have started to fall out anyway so they must be adding a lot of friction. Canyon have sent me some replacements but I'll run without them for now.

When I get around to doing it I'll let you know how I get on.

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 4:41 Quote
paulmw wrote:
I have a 2022 CFR mullet and I saw the same Aston video. I'm going to remove the o-rings and add a little more lube - like you I don't mind a bit more bearing wear. The one's on my frame have started to fall out anyway so they must be adding a lot of friction. Canyon have sent me some replacements but I'll run without them for now.

When I get around to doing it I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the answer. Glad to see that someone else is experience the same (added unwanted friction due to the o-rings) and that I'm not alone in thinking of completely removing them Smile

I will do it as well as I don't see how it can cause any kind of damage or other issues other than faster bearing wear.

I will be looking forward to your feedback once you do yours Beer

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 1:19 Quote
This has happened 3x now on my CFR, canyon sent replacements but they keep tearing no matter how much lube I use. Just keep on top of maintenance and clean, re-grease and you should be fine.

Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 5:13 Quote
Hello. I will probbably buy the sender underdog mullet very soon. Im 174cm high. Canyon recommends size S but im aiming more for M that they recommend from 175cm on, with the option to downsize reach(-8mm). But on the "paul aston" video he is stating that this adjustment is not possible with the rockshox ultimate fork that comes with the underdog. Did anyone tried to downsize it? Is it ok or is the forkbridge hitting the frame? Thank you.

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 12:32 Quote
Rumdumdum wrote:
Hello. I will probbably buy the sender underdog mullet very soon. Im 174cm high. Canyon recommends size S but im aiming more for M that they recommend from 175cm on, with the option to downsize reach(-8mm). But on the "paul aston" video he is stating that this adjustment is not possible with the rockshox ultimate fork that comes with the underdog. Did anyone tried to downsize it? Is it ok or is the forkbridge hitting the frame? Thank you.

You can't use -8 cups with boxxers, you'll smash your frame and canyon won't cover damage.

I'm 188cm, canyon recommended l/xl.. I went with L and its in 0mm reach(fox 40s) and I'm happy with it. Xl would have been too big for me.

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 23:47 Quote
Mbag85 wrote:
Rumdumdum wrote:

You can't use -8 cups with boxxers, you'll smash your frame and canyon won't cover damage.

I'm 188cm, canyon recommended l/xl.. I went with L and its in 0mm reach(fox 40s) and I'm happy with it. Xl would have been too big for me.

Yeah, I'm 189cm and went for a large too. Sizing is perfect. I have the underdog with RockShox and having checked I can see the clamp would hit the frame if I move the cup to -8.

Posted: Jan 11, 2023 at 1:59 Quote
Has anyone tried a MegNeg on a Canyon Sender frame?

My Sender is a CFR model from 2021. It came with a Super Deluxe Ultimate as a standard equipment. There’s nothing wrong with the shock, however, I’m really looking to upgrade the feel of the rear end a bit (especially the initial sensitivity).
Going to a coil shock will definitely be the best solution since the frame is more than suitable for a spring (and something I want to do in the future for sure). But if putting a MegNeg air can on my current shock will provide some benefits and will be an upgrade over stock, I would definitely go that way for now as it will be way more cost effective. Also, I like to experiment Big Grin
What I'm looking at is mostly the shock to be more supple of the top and to have just a tad bit more mid-stroke support. I currently have 2 positive tokens inside it and the bottom out support is perfect for me at the moment.

I know that the new Sender has a pretty progressive leverage ratio - something around 28% I think, so I’m not really sure the MegNeg will be the best solution considering that. I know that it is more suitable for frames that are more linear.
Also, I don't know why that is, but I haven’t seen any other DH bikes out there (not only specifically Senders) that run an air RockShox shocks with the MegNeg to be honest, which seemed a bit odd and is also something that’s stopping me going this route for now.

That’s why if anyone has some experience with this combo on a newer Sender frame, some feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024992
Mobile Version of Website