PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread
Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 10:21 Quote
That's a real beaut! What is it?

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 10:55 Quote
Frankensquier

We posting guitars now?

This my Frankensquire.

Body is fender strat, neck is squire bullit.

Removed lot of the stickers in the late years. It used to be a lot more.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 11:31 Quote
spencer666 wrote:

Hand built by yours truly.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 11:35 Quote
piman wrote:
spencer666 wrote:

Sweet!

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
dragonaut wrote:
piman wrote:
spencer666 wrote:

Sweet!

Thanks.

Listening to some good ol' hardcore. right now.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 14:03 Quote
piman wrote:
spencer666 wrote:
piman wrote:
Well that's some awesome gear you have. Do you run any pedals?

Thank you. On the Plexi I run a Radial "Hot British" pedal. It's got a pre-amp tube in it and it sounds real good. Very similar to a JCM800. I crank the Plexi and use the pedal for a little bit of an overdrive. Almost more like a power soak/attenuator. I also use a volume pedal, I stack 11 pennies and wrapped them in duct tape and tapped it to the base of the pedal. That way when I stomp down on it the volume doesn't totally drop out. That's how I get a clean tone.

The JMP doesn't need anything! It's just pure awesome.

Good shit. This is my darling.

photo
coming from a fine finish carpenter, that's absolutely gorgeous. Very nice work!

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 14:20 Quote
Haha, that picture does it more justice than it's worth. I am no luthier, so there are obvious flaws when it is observed in person by someone who knows what they're looking at.

But thanks though! tup tup tup I love the thing so much, I just don't play it as much as my PRS because it binds at the nut and I haven't done anything to amend that.

She is a blast to play, but only for short amounts of time. She weighs 12.5 lbs., so loads more than even a hefty Les Paul. The biggest factor into that is the baseball bat neck. Its an inch thick of curly maple. Not light by any means. Oh well, what matters most to me is that I proved to myself (and my classmates--it was my senior project last year) that I am f*cking cool!

I already have plans for another build too. I want to do a phelam blue Explorer body shape with Tele hardware, Tele bridge pup, and a P-90 neck pup. Tortoise shell pick guard, cream binding and pickup cover, rosewood fretboard, and some sort of Tele/Explorer hybrid headstock. Gonna be great.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 14:31 Quote
piman wrote:
dragonaut wrote:
piman wrote:

Sweet!

Thanks.

Listening to some good ol' hardcore. right now.

One of my fav hardcore albums of all time, along with 'first two seven inches'

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
piman wrote:
Haha, that picture does it more justice than it's worth. I am no luthier, so there are obvious flaws when it is observed in person by someone who knows what they're looking at.

But thanks though! tup tup tup I love the thing so much, I just don't play it as much as my PRS because it binds at the nut and I haven't done anything to amend that.

She is a blast to play, but only for short amounts of time. She weighs 12.5 lbs., so loads more than even a hefty Les Paul. The biggest factor into that is the baseball bat neck. Its an inch thick of curly maple. Not light by any means. Oh well, what matters most to me is that I proved to myself (and my classmates--it was my senior project last year) that I am f*cking cool!

I already have plans for another build too. I want to do a phelam blue Explorer body shape with Tele hardware, Tele bridge pup, and a P-90 neck pup. Tortoise shell pick guard, cream binding and pickup cover, rosewood fretboard, and some sort of Tele/Explorer hybrid headstock. Gonna be great.

12.5lbs! Yikes! I have a 78 P bass and that mofo weighs 12lb's

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 16:07 Quote
Shit, I didn't realize Fenders could get so heavy. It's gotta be a maple body.

Also, I have decided it was a mistake not listening to TSOL before...

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 16:16 Quote
I'm pretty sure it's made from pure led.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 16:28 Quote
piman wrote:
Shit, I didn't realize Fenders could get so heavy. It's gotta be a maple body.

Also, I have decided it was a mistake not listening to TSOL before...

Lol stop posting my favourite bands lol

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 16:33 Quote
Alright, then I'll post my favorite.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 18:13 Quote
Damn now I wanna post my guitar haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013228
Mobile Version of Website