Powered by Outside

2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: May 2, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
glicker wrote:
Has anyone matched their valves to the mint color on the roval stickers?

How close is the Muc Off light green? It's not that grass-green like some green valves are.

I wanted purple for my Chameleon and was a little ticked that Stan's doesn't have a purple, but I have the Muc-Off valves in there and they're working fine with the bushing for the offset rims.

~JSV

Posted: May 2, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
Cwall1 wrote:
Is anyone riding a 2020 27.5 s3?? 490 reach??? How tall are you and how does that long reach ride on mellow trails??
me I'm 5 10 and I don't ride mellow trails but as long as you are going fast or are in the air it's excellent. On slow tight corners it takes some getting used to but it's never a problem. I've got a 35mm stem which is essential. Hope this helps

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 23:12 Quote
Anybody looking for a Float X2 Factory for their Stumpy?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3327300/

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 10:34 Quote
anyone running a coil shock on their stumpy? have a 27.5 but thinking about trading my DJ for a 29er version and slapping a coil on it to thrash at the bike park. I'd have both 27.5 air for trail, 29er coil for park, is there a big difference in feel between the coil and air? thx!

Stumpjumper Evo Alloy S2 27.5

O+
Posted: May 6, 2022 at 18:35 Quote
dustyquail wrote:
anyone running a coil shock on their stumpy? have a 27.5 but thinking about trading my DJ for a 29er version and slapping a coil on it to thrash at the bike park. I'd have both 27.5 air for trail, 29er coil for park, is there a big difference in feel between the coil and air? thx!

Stumpjumper Evo Alloy S2 27.5

Hve a look back toward the start of this thread as there is a mountain of info on the pros & cons of running coil shocks on these bikes. This will give you a good understanding to make an informed decision.

In general the theme you will find:

Air shocks work well as the rear suspension is quite linear by design. Pairing this with a progressive air shock gives good bottom out control.

Pairing it with a coil gives good traction and smooths the trail out but provides less than ideal bottom out support. There are ways to help this. Also there are durability issues with running coil shocks with small shaft diameters on stumpjumper frames due to the shock mount arrangement. This problem is not specific to a coil as an air will experience the same issue but due to larger shaft diameters, are better suited to handle it.

I have 29 pro with a DHX2 coil. Have replaced one shaft due to wear and run a progressive spring. Does everything I want it too. Not perfect but no bike ever will be IMO.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 18:31 Quote
Just started running Bomber CR. Had some clearance concerns running it in high with a 55mm stroke and CC link. The yoke only has about 1mm clearance from the seat tube in top out. But when it's in low the suspension kinematics just seem totally wacked, I couldn't get it to feel right on either end of the bike. In high the coil feels fantastic. I rounded off the upper interior lip of the yoke to give it some more breathing room. I had some bike park and some pedal time on it - it's better in every aspect than the dpx2. Even easier, IMHO, to pedal than with the dpx2 which has a climb switch and is about 1.5lbs lighter. I am aware of all of the damper shaft / seal head issues with coils on this bike but didn't see any feedback on the Bomber CR in particular, and since it has such a thick damper shaft I thought I'd give er a go. If it's going to fail it shouldn't take me very long since I ride so much park so I'll report back if it does. But so far I REALLY hope it doesn't because it performs so much better than the dpx2 did.

photo

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 20:04 Quote
If you swap the air shaft on the OEM Fox Rhythm 36 from 150 to 160, does it change the axle to crown height? I thought it was 10mm more of air shaft to replace the 10mm travel spacer that's on the 150, but I was looking through posts and saw a few references to it changing the HTA which would only be the case if it was lengthening the fork so now I'm second guessing

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
Gonuts-4-donuts wrote:
If you swap the air shaft on the OEM Fox Rhythm 36 from 150 to 160, does it change the axle to crown height? I thought it was 10mm more of air shaft to replace the 10mm travel spacer that's on the 150, but I was looking through posts and saw a few references to it changing the HTA which would only be the case if it was lengthening the fork so now I'm second guessing
Yes it changes the axle to crown but at 10mm it's barely noticeable. The HTA I believe is about 0.5° per 10mm but this a drastically reduced when in sag position.

Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
Anybody tried a 216x63 shock with a cascade link on a 27.5? I have one for free I want to try with offset bushings to reduce to 210 or as close to as possible. Not sure what sort of travel that gives but interested to see clearance. Probably won't run it tbh.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 16:01 Quote
Has anyone tried RockShox super deluxe coil on this bike? Is shock strong enough?

I’m looking at a new Super deluxe with hydraulic bottom out and progressive tune. I think it should be a great pair for this stumpy.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 20:30 Quote
doxey91 wrote:
Anybody tried a 216x63 shock with a cascade link on a 27.5? I have one for free I want to try with offset bushings to reduce to 210 or as close to as possible. Not sure what sort of travel that gives but interested to see clearance. Probably won't run it tbh.

If you have it, install it and answer your own question?

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 0:26 Quote
mitch1992 wrote:
doxey91 wrote:

If you have it, install it and answer your own question?

Still waiting for the offset bushings bro definitely not possible without

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
severniy wrote:
Has anyone tried RockShox super deluxe coil on this bike? Is shock strong enough?

I’m looking at a new Super deluxe with hydraulic bottom out and progressive tune. I think it should be a great pair for this stumpy.

I'd choose the linear tune for this kinematic, but it would pair well with the new super deluxe. The Progressive tune may have to be run more open on rebound.

In saying this, with the limp noodle rate of the evo and having to run crazy high spring rates, it may just work.

Posted: Oct 5, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
Brasher wrote:
severniy wrote:

I'd choose the linear tune for this kinematic, but it would pair well with the new super deluxe. The Progressive tune may have to be run more open on rebound.

In saying this, with the limp noodle rate of the evo and having to run crazy high spring rates, it may just work.
how do you think what stroke for s3 with stock link (may be CC later) - 50, 52.5 or 55?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018206
Mobile Version of Website