Scratchmere Scar the official thread !!!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Scratchmere Scar the official thread !!!
Posted: Aug 16, 2013 at 11:30 Quote
The place is closed 100% now. I wouldn't go up there, Marshalls have made quite a few threats for trespassing

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 5:53 Quote
Bugger, I was about to go up there today and see what's changed since I raced there years ago. Well I have just moved up tebay area and I was hoping scratchmere was open as I want to start Dh again. As for ideas to start building...whinfell common (combs hollow, mabbin crag and old high). It's a hill, it has steep bits, trees, wide open flat out bit....and it's quiet as far as red sock brigade concerned.

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 at 14:53 Quote
Been to Scratchmere today for a look. Someone been building an extra bit of track on right side free ride track. Most tracks look unridden and lots of trees down but mostly everything still looks rideable. There's a sign at top of main downhill track reads private property keep out but nothing else on sign. Pity they broke all the drop in on either side of forest road. Has anybody been to Coombs wood lately I've been working away for a year and someone had started trail building there?

Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 4:02 Quote
Going today, ive been riding there a few times since it 'closed', just need to be careful and discreet with any maintainance. Most tracks are hard to see/find so a little grooming will probably go un-noticed. Need a new spot though, I want to get building something fresh!

Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 11:05 Quote
Probs going to cause ww3 here but if you ask me it's been fine to ride all along and it's the local lads who spit the dummy on here that want people to think it's closed.

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 10:57 Quote
No one can ride there without trespassing, I wouldnt go on a week day when they're working the quarry thats for sure. Theres a sign stating the farmer isn't responsible for anyone mis-using the marshall's land so he's ok, a polite wave is all you'll get from him Smile

Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
Marcthespark wrote:
Probs going to cause ww3 here but if you ask me it's been fine to ride all along and it's the local lads who spit the dummy on here that want people to think it's closed.

What a load of Sh@t!

Posted: Mar 21, 2014 at 2:45 Quote
[Quote="bren2709"]
Marcthespark wrote:

When was the last time you were there mate ? and are all the tracks still running, not been for years because we thought it had bee pulled down, bit of a c*nts trick if it turns out to be a lie

Posted: Mar 21, 2014 at 15:59 Quote
Reality is it's trespassing and criminal damage if ya get caught up there, like it is on all private land where you have no permission to be there let alone dig trails there, simple az! The only c*nt trick was all the litter clowns and vandals who got the place closed down in the first place and ruined all the local lads efforts and hard graft in building those trails. So stop posting misleading shite!

Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 4:18 Quote
Those 'local lads' probably refer to me and my friends. It's nice to know you're grateful for the hundreds of hours of digging we put in for you over the years

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
Not that it matters any more but was a pump track ever built at Scratchmere Scar? I went for my first and only visit in 2008 and there was talk of a pump track being built. I realised the other day that I drove past it and it popped into my head. I had a quick search but couldn't find any videos or anything.

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 15:04 Quote
I went up last autumn it still there.

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 8:45 Quote
Apparently still been used, just what I've been told by a mate who was up there climbing!

Posted: Oct 29, 2015 at 9:12 Quote
Anything still up there? Anyone know anything about this GNAR bike park down the road?

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 at 21:09 Quote
Gnar sounded good at the start but the more he's gone on and on about it on his fb page and the amount of help he's been offered but declined, it's starting to sound like a dream....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014332
Mobile Version of Website