Powered by Outside

Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 9:52 Quote
As Chuvak said, will go straight on.

I swapped from an RC2 to a CCDB, best thing I've done to my Mondraker so far!

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
Russ-69 wrote:

May I ask why?? I have a J tech shim stacked ( for supple first part of the stroke) that I imported from a commie v.2. And it's awesome with near no compression, little bottom out.. As in the suspension system does near all of that for you... What does the cane creek offer? Do you still use a lot of compression on the CC?? I use a CC on a bottle rocket, so I know you can dial in a huge variety of shock characteristics.... What settings have you found best? Thanks for any info!!

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 9:51 Quote
ovadebarz wrote:
Russ-69 wrote:

May I ask why?? I have a J tech shim stacked ( for supple first part of the stroke) that I imported from a commie v.2. And it's awesome with near no compression, little bottom out.. As in the suspension system does near all of that for you... What does the cane creek offer? Do you still use a lot of compression on the CC?? I use a CC on a bottle rocket, so I know you can dial in a huge variety of shock characteristics.... What settings have you found best? Thanks for any info!!

I found the RC2 to be harsh in the 2nd half of the stroke and I could never get full travel out of it, even with the lowest recommended air pressure. I ran a 400 spring (weigh 12.5 stone). The rebound dial was very sensitive to even 1 click and I found adjustments to the LSC dial made very little difference.
The CCDB just feels far plusher (still running 400 spring), gives more pop and has a bottomless feel. I do have a fair bit of high and low speed compression dialed in, mainly to keep the shock high up in its stroke. The CCDB is incredibly sensitive and requires no effort to get it moving, just a light prod on the seat and it dips which makes it eat up the small chatter.
I found the CCDB to give a more active feel, where as the RC2 just kinda felt dead.
In terms of settings, I don't know them off the top of my head but I can have a look where the dials are set if you'd like to know?

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 10:03 Quote
Hey Summum owners, a bit more info would be helpful. What SAG are you running at the rear ? My SAG is 22% with 400 lbs spring. Curently my weight is going down and i am at 70kgs with equipment, shoud a 350 lbs spring would be more suitable for me ?

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 10:35 Quote
Springs are relatively cheap, so buy a few and test them out.
There is no right or wrong spring (within reason) and 2 people of the same weight may prefer different spring ratings based on their style and the type of trails they ride.
Based on what I've found, a 350 spring may suit you better so I'd definitely recommend trying it. Worst case you don't like it and sell it on

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 10:41 Quote
Russ-69 wrote:
Springs are relatively cheap, so buy a few and test them out.
There is no right or wrong spring (within reason) and 2 people of the same weight may prefer different spring ratings based on their style and the type of trails they ride.
Based on what I've found, a 350 spring may suit you better so I'd definitely recommend trying it. Worst case you don't like it and sell it on

Fully agree, I'm 69 kg fully kitted up, I'm on a 350 spring, with about 35% sag.

Fascinated about the cc, thanks for the info.... I hear you on the mid range "dead feel".... I'll keep a casual eye out for a second hand one. If successful I would be really grateful for some base settings! Cheers.

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 11:02 Quote
Sheet guys.. I just took a look over my spring and it is not 400lbs as i thought but 500 lbs Kronos Ti Spring. Now i should sell it, but what spring do you reccomend to look for , 400lbs? The Summums from 2013 are a bit different and require more stiffer spring due to seat tubes length and shock size of 222mm.

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
Not sure if it's relevent to older Mondy's but they reccomend 40% sag fork and shock on Summum's http://www.mondraker.com/15/imagenes/manuals/mondraker_zero_guideline_en.pdf

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
40% was certainly the original concept. I'd try to get to that, or near abouts. Let's face it, with the progressive nature of the frame, you dont hear about bottom out! In fact, I've never been close, and I'm the ace of casing jumps. Wink

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 13:23 Quote
haha I used to be XD 40% would be so nice but I feel that's a little too soft :L im on about 35%

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 13:26 Quote
is that why Danny Hart's bike is deadly quiet etc? everything on mine is new so it's dialed as f_ck but it could be quieter

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 2:30 Quote
ovadebarz wrote:
Russ-69 wrote:

I swapped my rc4 to the ccdb. Setting are around the same: HSC is 1/3 closed, LSC 2/3 closed, HSR is in the middle and LSR is a bit faster than middle. All these settings can be changed depending of trail and weather. As for me (and for many of pro racers), suspension must not be soft. Is prefer more LSC coz it gives much more steering precision than soft sospension. Can't say that ccdb is omg way too far from rc4. Rc4 was nice too, but ccdb gives you precision feeleng what is under your rear wheel right now. Rc4 was not so informative.

BTW guys, I'm selling custom Aurum. Excellent condition, good equipment. Maybe someone have friend that wants really vood bike for fummy price? We got expensive dollar here, so you may find this price in USD pretty cbeap. Check for my profile, buy/sell section. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 2:38 Quote
ovadebarz wrote:
Russ-69 wrote:

I swapped my rc4 to the ccdb. Setting are around the same: HSC is 1/3 closed, LSC 2/3 closed, HSR is in the middle and LSR is a bit faster than middle. All these settings can be changed depending of trail and weather. As for me (and for many of pro racers), suspension must not be soft. Is prefer more LSC coz it gives much more steering precision than soft sospension. Can't say that ccdb is omg way too far from rc4. Rc4 was nice too, but ccdb gives you precision feeleng what is under your rear wheel right now. Rc4 was not so informative.

BTW guys, I'm selling custom Aurum. Excellent condition, good equipment. Maybe someone have friend that wants really good bike for funny price? We got expensive dollar here, so you may find this price in USD pretty cheap. Check for my profile, buy/sell section. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 15, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
Hey Guys---

New to the forum (was referred her from another---thanks again, staike).

I'm looking at purchasing a new DH rig, and am considering a '14 Summum Pro Team. Unfortunately, living in the US, I've never even seen one in person, nor known anyone who's owned or ridden one, but, aesthetically, I tink they're gorgeous, and seem to be pretty consistently well reviewed. Thus...I'd appreciate any first-hand insight you guys could give me on the bike (ride characteristics; more of a "plow" bike, or a jumper/playful one; what other bikes, if any, you might compare it to). Any knowledge would help---thanks in advance!

Posted: Jun 15, 2015 at 15:08 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:
Hey Guys---

New to the forum (was referred her from another---thanks again, staike).

I'm looking at purchasing a new DH rig, and am considering a '14 Summum Pro Team. Unfortunately, living in the US, I've never even seen one in person, nor known anyone who's owned or ridden one, but, aesthetically, I tink they're gorgeous, and seem to be pretty consistently well reviewed. Thus...I'd appreciate any first-hand insight you guys could give me on the bike (ride characteristics; more of a "plow" bike, or a jumper/playful one; what other bikes, if any, you might compare it to). Any knowledge would help---thanks in advance!

I have a 2014 summum and I live in Canada. Was pretty easy to get it over here, your dollar is a lot better than ours so you could get one at a nice price. I was coming off the two latest versions of a session and the mondraker is so much better. It is pretty good in the air, not a good as the trek but the session was designed to be a race and park style bike. I find it playful, but most importantly l find it fast, very fast. I have not messed with the headset cups yet it looks slack but does not ride like that. The suspension is progressive but pedals way nicer than anything else I have ridden like a Demo, V 10 and a Wilson. Sizing might be an issue, I am just under 6 foot and on a medium, but I wish I had gotten a large. I actually bought a large foxy over the winter and it feels perfect.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011434
Mobile Version of Website