Powered by Outside

2010 Specialized Demo

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2010 Specialized Demo
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 at 12:45 Quote
i have a dent on my demo, it's been fine, really depends where exactly it is.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 9:54 Quote
anyone ridden one with a vivid and rc4? just wanting to know which is better? got a good deak on a vivid

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 10:52 Quote
rc4s blow the vivid out the water

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 12:07 Quote
Chatting to Steve Jones from Dirt Magazine at the trails the other day and he says otherwise. They love the Vivid at Dirt! He also said that the Demo was his personal favorite bike of 2010 and the 2011 one will be even better. Reckon he knows his shit too! The RC4 is still amazing though, I've got no complaints! I also had a spin on the 2011 frame too, and over the 2010 it didn't feel loads lighter over the 2010 to pick up but it did feel sprightly and more nimble, but it was a Monster team bike and super dialed! Just wish the UK importer was bringing in the flo yellow number!

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
steve jones's opinions change so much its hard to take him seriously

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 12:58 Quote
yeah id hear that the vivid was better, was just after some real riders opinions that own the bike ect

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 13:14 Quote
and ill say it again.. the rc4 blows the vivid out of the water

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 15:56 Quote
Nah, vivid 5.1 is very similar it just has beginning and ending rebound instead of low speed compression, and honestly you dont need to worry about brake dive on the back end. So i'd take the added traction over an adjustment that only fights a bit of pedal bob

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 16:46 Quote
Low speed compression is more than pedal bob.

And they are completely different.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 23:01 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Nah, vivid 5.1 is very similar it just has beginning and ending rebound instead of low speed compression, and honestly you dont need to worry about brake dive on the back end. So i'd take the added traction over an adjustment that only fights a bit of pedal bob

obviously someone who knows nothing about suspension setup will say a vivid, like yourself

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 23:10 Quote
stryke wrote:
Nobble wrote:

obviously someone who knows nothing about suspension setup will say a vivid, like yourself

I believe that older vanillas are superior to all tup lol lol lol Salute

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 23:12 Quote
stryke wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Stryke, I have never in the whole time ive been on pinkbike, heard you state a valid or supported argument for one of your statements. All you do is rag on other people about the fact that their opinions arent the same as yours. If you're going to rag on people at least have the info to back yourself up.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 23:36 Quote
Nobble wrote:
stryke wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Stryke, I have never in the whole time ive been on pinkbike, heard you state a valid or supported argument for one of your statements. All you do is rag on other people about the fact that their opinions arent the same as yours. If you're going to rag on people at least have the info to back yourself up.

as I said, the vanilla is far superior to everything on the market. woot

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 7:36 Quote
consider that there are plenty of good shocks out there, fox is just most widely popular. NMyself I have had a vanilla ( best shock ever ... lol ) that never broke, a dhx 5,0 that broke always, another 5.0 that broke sometimes and fox 40's that only broke on the first day of long planned road trip's, So I am not sold on fox and I think that spending a good chunk of change on a shock or fork should entitle you to fast service and not waiting for a few months for fox to fix your stuff and send it back....

Really this shit is not rocket science, I;ve never ridden a vivid but I hear they are easy to fix and self tune Which is a seller for me. I busted a swinger 6 this year and was told it would be 3-4 errks to et back so instead I fixed it for 20 bucks of parts and an hour of time... was easy easy easy...

I suppose my intention of this rant was simply to say that here is NO BEST shock or fork out there, they all work basically the same and anybody thats trying to convince you that their system is better is mareting their stuff to you... Fox = more needle valves = "wow tis is the Shit {" its all needle valves, shim stacks and oil .. Simple. Salute

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 10:59 Quote
Nobble wrote:
stryke wrote:
Nobble wrote:

independent lsc/hsc compression adjustments in which each click makes a noticeable difference on the trail, bottom out control (which isnt rubber blocks)

incredible dampening performance, and easy setup for beginners while really being able to dial it in for the speedier riders

easy to service and get even more into suspension setup too! bonus

against

begging/ending stroke rebound, lsc

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012205
Mobile Version of Website