What Scares You?....biking fears only

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What Scares You?....biking fears only
Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 14:37 Quote
fresh306 wrote:
yeah i dont like too much loosing my balance really sucks. happened to my wife this summer and she was done after that.

she gave up that easly?

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 14:37 Quote
spoonyman wrote:
hanley wrote:
Drops Redface

Face your fear! Start with a drop you're comfortable on, even it that's 6 inches or a foot (preferably something without a gap so you can't come up short). Look for some videos/advice for the correct technique on the internet if you're not exactly sure what you should be doing when you come to the drop. Hit this drop as many times as you need, this could be a couple times or a hundred times, until you feel comfortable with the technique and the landing is both smooth and controlled. Once you're happy here, step it up by another 6 inches or a foot and repeat - before you know it you'll have drops mastered!
Like, I can drop, but not if I think about it

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
hanley wrote:
spoonyman wrote:
hanley wrote:
Drops Redface

Face your fear! Start with a drop you're comfortable on, even it that's 6 inches or a foot (preferably something without a gap so you can't come up short). Look for some videos/advice for the correct technique on the internet if you're not exactly sure what you should be doing when you come to the drop. Hit this drop as many times as you need, this could be a couple times or a hundred times, until you feel comfortable with the technique and the landing is both smooth and controlled. Once you're happy here, step it up by another 6 inches or a foot and repeat - before you know it you'll have drops mastered!

O.K - just don't think about it then Razz lol

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
spoonyman wrote:
hanley wrote:
spoonyman wrote:

O.K - just don't think about it then Razz lol
Ha, if I am going slow, then I always A. eat shit or B. Go around. Working on them though. During races I hit them fine usually

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 14:43 Quote
mrfitz424 wrote:
hikers.Really Mad

do you have problems with them too

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 14:45 Quote
rich888 wrote:
mrfitz424 wrote:
hikers.Really Mad

Les Gets, Portes du Soleil, France - basically the biggest mountain biking resort in Europe, coming down a black, round a corner and surprise surprise, hikers in the middle of the f**king trail. If I'm honest, I could probably have given them more clearance, but I thought it was much more fun to go past with about 2 inches between the end of my bars and their arms!

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 14:54 Quote
spoonyman wrote:
rich888 wrote:
mrfitz424 wrote:
hikers.Really Mad

Les Gets, Portes du Soleil, France - basically the biggest mountain biking resort in Europe, coming down a black, round a corner and surprise surprise, hikers in the middle of the f**king trail. If I'm honest, I could probably have given them more clearance, but I thought it was much more fun to go past with about 2 inches between the end of my bars and their arms!

the lakes is terrible for them the think they own the fooking hills, my mate actually got pulled off his bike by one once

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 14:59 Quote
I agree that drops can be un nerving...When I approch one that scares me, i look at the hoizen untill I'm in the air and then spot my landing.It may not be for every one, but it works for me..Hikers are annoying, but in new england some of the best trails are multi use and we have to get alonge with those granola munching teva wearing self entitled bear snacks..

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
laurencethorpe wrote:
fresh306 wrote:
yeah i dont like too much loosing my balance really sucks. happened to my wife this summer and she was done after that.

she gave up that easly?

yeah smashed hard into a tree and was a lil scared afta that but she still finised the run.

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 16:03 Quote
rich888 wrote:
spoonyman wrote:
rich888 wrote:

the lakes is terrible for them the think they own the fooking hills, my mate actually got pulled off his bike by one once

Around here they're horrible, alot of them are pretty chill, but some of them, for some stupid reason, just stand in the middle of the trail. even on legal singletrack. I'll be going like 25-ish straight at them on a trail like 12 inches wide, and they just stand there staring at me, usually making me swerve and slam on my brakes, getting launched off my bike.

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 23:35 Quote
fresh306 wrote:
laurencethorpe wrote:
fresh306 wrote:

she gave up that easly?

yeah smashed hard into a tree and was a lil scared afta that but she still finised the run.

yeah that probally is enough to put some people off from ever doing something again. You should try annd get her back on the bike tup

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 0:36 Quote
rich888 wrote:
mrfitz424 wrote:
hikers.Really Mad

yea!! we were riding some DH trail here which i know who built it and its unmarked and there are never hikers there (except of random people who watch you jump) and suddenly this prick of a lady with really short hair yelling at us that we are riding a trail which is for hikers and that we almost ran her over and gave us shit for riding. what a bitch.

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 6:13 Quote
AmirB wrote:
rich888 wrote:
mrfitz424 wrote:
hikers.Really Mad

yea!! we were riding some DH trail here which i know who built it and its unmarked and there are never hikers there (except of random people who watch you jump) and suddenly this prick of a lady with really short hair yelling at us that we are riding a trail which is for hikers and that we almost ran her over and gave us shit for riding. what a bitch.

oh fosure. we are already planning some trips for the summer with our daughter. this time i am sure she will be wearing full armor.

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 14:57 Quote
when you hit you knee off your bars and you cant pedal anymore for like 5 min then it happens again soo mad when that happens

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 14:58 Quote
greenmachinedude wrote:
when you hit you knee off your bars and you cant pedal anymore for like 5 min then it happens again soo mad when that happens
yes! I FEAR that as well omg. chain snappage to knee puff. THE worst.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012532
Mobile Version of Website