Powered by Outside

Burnaby Biking

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Burnaby Biking
Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
Told a bunch of goofs I seen riding up there to get the hell out of there, all a bunch of 13y/o kids.

Parenting ladies and gentlemen, parenting.........

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 17:59 Quote
anyone up for a ride tomorrow

Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 10:45 Quote
Cheever wrote:
Told a bunch of goofs I seen riding up there to get the hell out of there, all a bunch of 13y/o kids.

Damn, that sucks... thanks for telling them to not ride the jumps.

Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 17:41 Quote
sfudownhillbiker999 wrote:
Cheever wrote:

Damn, that sucks... thanks for telling them to not ride the jumps.
Aiden it's probably you and your friends soo...

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 16:39 Quote
Any idea when it's going to re open?

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 13:50 Quote
The mini bike park at the top of Burnaby Mountain built by UniverCity will be open again on April 17 (don't know what time). So assuming it's not pouring rain, the pre-DH warm-up will be available once again.

There will likely be some closures in April, as Jay Hoots is coming back to reshape and repack some of the jumps and the pump track (raking, lip re-builds, and plate packing). He will also be adding a 3rd jump line to the right of the "larger" jump line. It'll be innovative, as he's just gonna' design-build something fun dug right into the dirt.

Remember, if anyone starts self-digging or altering the jumps and pump track in any way, it will be shut down due to pretty firm insurance regulations. So just like what you've got!

A note: that pump track gets damn fast if you take the time to learn it. Several transition lines as well.

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
whitehonky wrote:
The mini bike park at the top of Burnaby Mountain built by UniverCity will be open again on April 17 (don't know what time). So assuming it's not pouring rain, the pre-DH warm-up will be available once again.

There will likely be some closures in April, as Jay Hoots is coming back to reshape and repack some of the jumps and the pump track (raking, lip re-builds, and plate packing). He will also be adding a 3rd jump line to the right of the "larger" jump line. It'll be innovative, as he's just gonna' design-build something fun dug right into the dirt.

Remember, if anyone starts self-digging or altering the jumps and pump track in any way, it will be shut down due to pretty firm insurance regulations. So just like what you've got!

A note: that pump track gets damn fast if you take the time to learn it. Several transition lines as well.
Sweet!

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 9:31 Quote
Alright. The dirt jumps and pump track at the top of the mountain at UniverCity are now open. Rain showers forecast the next few days so avoid the jumps if it's pooling or mushy.

The weekend looks glorious so hopefully families on top of the mountain get at it and the big line is riding well enough for the Burnaby Mountain Shuttle Monkey Coalition.

Jay Hoots will be on-site in the next couple weeks to repack and plate tamp and rake the jumps and pump track. He will also be building a THIRD jump line on the right hand side that will be in-ground (excavated) to hopefully boost a bit more. No specific design, he'll just build what feels right.

This photo is from this morning after the fence and signs were pulled. It's running a bit slow, and in 3 laps, I could easily clear 2 of the 3 and just slightly case the last one. But I'm old and I'd just ridden up Cardiac, so was a bit pooped. The Pump track is a bit of work until it firms up.

Remember, due to insurance, any new digging or alterations and the park will be closed permanently.

photo

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 14:16 Quote
The new jumps are open as of yesterday afternoon. Seems that it's designed for dirtjumper bikes but I was still able to clear it on my DH if I pedalled the whole way in. Thanks Hoots for building them!

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 7:20 Quote
Hey how does the Metro Van bus shuttle work for Burnaby Mountain?

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 8:17 Quote
phillyp wrote:
You can take the 145 bus from production way station right to the top or you could take it from the gaglardi way stop

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 8:36 Quote
l8igz wrote:
phillyp wrote:
You can take the 145 bus from production way station right to the top or you could take it from the gaglardi way stop

Cool thanks. I couldn't figure out the bus number.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 21:00 Quote
Anyone goin to whistler on Friday to be a unreal extra that wants to give me a lift up? I'll chip for gas

Posted: May 16, 2015 at 13:33 Quote
Hey guys, my names Austen, been riding dh bikes for a full summer season now. I'm moving up to Surrey from Edmonton in a few weeks. Looking forward to shredding with you guys!

Posted: May 16, 2015 at 13:54 Quote
Rad bro! You'll enjoy it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019099
Mobile Version of Website