Powered by Outside

Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 3:54 Quote
maciverblackisle wrote:
Anyone had issues with the chainstay/seatstay pivot axles and screws rounding out when being torqued? they seem very soft, hopefully the next day delivery on replacements pulls through

Those bolt heads are made of cheese. I’ve found it best to turn the inner bolt (5mm) and just hold the outer one still with the 6mm Allen key. Make sure you have nice sharp / decent Allen keys.

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 7:32 Quote
maciverblackisle wrote:
Anyone had issues with the chainstay/seatstay pivot axles and screws rounding out when being torqued? they seem very soft, hopefully the next day delivery on replacements pulls through

Yep and the replacements won't survive another torque up. Delivery pretty quick last time though

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 8:08 Quote
Mine have been in and out of my patrol at least half a dozen times, never been rounded. Use quality tools and be careful.

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 14:03 Quote
yeh replacements should be here tomorrow. Gonna be super gentle this time

Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 23:12 Quote
larscha-nsfr wrote:
My current fleet of SBG goodnessBig Grin

The new dadmoped. 2022 Transition Repeater Carbon GX

new rubber on the steed Transition Scout hncoil

What size is this scout and how long is your dropper post? How tall are you?

Posted: Dec 24, 2023 at 4:22 Quote
Hey guys
Just to compare with my bike. Carbon v1 Sentinel: mixed rides between dry and damped weather, no heavy rain and never jet washed..ever. Clean it every 3 or 4 rides. How long do your bearings last? Specially the front chainstay ones, close to the chainring.
Thanks guys

Posted: Jan 1, 2024 at 23:29 Quote
dookeh wrote:
larscha-nsfr wrote:
My current fleet of SBG goodnessBig Grin

The new dadmoped. 2022 Transition Repeater Carbon GX

new rubber on the steed Transition Scout hncoil

What size is this scout and how long is your dropper post? How tall are you?

I'm 182cm with long legs. Dropper is a 210mm OneUp.

Posted: Jan 18, 2024 at 22:20 Quote
Hey guys, got a cable housing end cap stuck in my dropper tube on my 2023 smuggler, probably right where it bends up to get the cable up towards the dropper post. Any tips on how to get out?

Posted: Jan 19, 2024 at 9:46 Quote
Mabey blow it out with compressed air?

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2024 at 6:53 Quote
I'm toying with the idea of a Smuggler since they've reduced them a bit on TR. Here in NS it seems my coil equipped 150/160 Scout is a bit overbiked but I love it to bits so will keep it for big days and trips. The Smuggler looks to be a pretty decent trail bike which can handle some burly stuff and I'm a complete TR fanboi so am already biased towards it.

Sizing... I'm 5'11" with slightly longer legs and slightly shorter arms, my height puts me in the grey area of Medium/Large overlap. I had a Medium 16 Patrol which was spot on, moved to a 19 Patrol in Large which felt a little unwieldy and I never gelled with it totally. However I test rode a Large 20 Scout and loved it, on a short/medium ride or lift day it's perfect, on longer more pedally rides I do find I get sore shoulders, it feels from perhaps leaning forward. I can't shorten the stem. My take is that on a Medium Scout I'd need the dropper sticking out so far to make up for frame height, however droppers are now much longer drop so I'm wondering if a Medium Smuggler might be the way to go.

Also is the AXS X0 worth going for over the AXS GX? I'm sad there's no Shimano build but after much peer pressure I think it's time to give this SRAM AXS milarky a go.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022990
Mobile Version of Website