Powered by Outside

Upgrade to premium?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Upgrade to premium?
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 13:51 Quote
radek wrote:
ericvan wrote:
thats because the only people who have premium are the MODs pretty much, give it time.

and another thing i forgot to metion.Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Lots of users are signing up for it and getting the benefits. It's not for everyone but it's an option for those that want it.

It's about choice. You don't need to have it, or get it, but if you want to, you can. Simple.

People get it for many reasons.
1. Some, because they can use the card locally to save money
2. Some, because they want some of the features
3. Some, purely to support the development of pinkbike
4. Some, for all of the above

No offence but the PB discount card is a great idea for Canadians on its own, the other features are in my opinion going to be a short lived improvement.

We don't mind the adverts, the show us new stuff and give PB money, they don't bother us in forums, we can skip them on the video streaming etc..

Faster media sharing? Broadband just now is getting better all the time, we have no issues.

Being a beta tester? I don't want to worry about logging on and seeing if the current version of the site works or not, I just want to mail my mates.

Showing support of PB by having a "plus" added to our tag? This causes etiquette problems in forums over time, causes division, enhances the smug. This is certainly one thing if I were a "premium member" I would remove as it has no purpose.

Problem is the premium content we would normally pay for on other types of sites PB has given us for free from the start, what is offered now is not concidered "premium".

Is PB in trouble? Has the user group expanded to such levels that the adverts don't cover for the server costs? Is there a bandwidth problem? PB is huge and we love it, if required to keep PB running we would all chip in, we just don't need to be sold a "premium" product which is not needed. As I said, a PB discount card could work on it's own.

Mod O+
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
willshiels wrote:
Is there a bandwidth problem? PB is huge and we love it, if required to keep PB running we would all chip in, we just don't need to be sold a "premium" product which is not needed. As I said, a PB discount card could work on it's own.

Then buy a card. Smile That's the best way to support pinkbike, and allow it's developers to keep it all running and create new features.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 14:24 Quote
radek wrote:
willshiels wrote:
Is there a bandwidth problem? PB is huge and we love it, if required to keep PB running we would all chip in, we just don't need to be sold a "premium" product which is not needed. As I said, a PB discount card could work on it's own.

Then buy a card. Smile That's the best way to support pinkbike, and allow it's developers to keep it all running and create new features.

I'll buy one if you can promise me I won't have a "plus" next to my tag.

Dude, forgot to say, that was like a totally generic response.. No offence.

Mod O+
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 15:50 Quote
willshiels wrote:

I'll buy one if you can promise me I won't have a "plus" next to my tag.

Dude, forgot to say, that was like a totally generic response.. No offence.

You don't need to buy it to support pinkbike. You can buy a pinkbike tshirt....no plus. Or you can buy it and tell me not to activate it. It all goes towards the server/bandwidth/development fund.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 16:31 Quote
It's about time we get some deals in Canada.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:10 Quote
karl-burkat wrote:
dazem wrote:
I will immediatly leave pinkbike bike and take my content with me if they try to charge for use, the money grabing going on here is pathetic, share the ride my ass

Pinkbike is free. Always will be. The paid membership gets you less ads. No ads on videos, photos etc. And you get the Discount card.

I get all that except the discount card already though. IMO the only reason I'd consider it is for the Discount Card, and the stickers. Is the discount card sold seperate through the store? If so then I'll just take the store route.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:12 Quote
Is there supposed to be a button or something to upgrade? I dont see anything.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:13 Quote
Johnbron65 wrote:
Is there supposed to be a button or something to upgrade? I dont see anything.

Go to your profile and look next to your name.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:18 Quote
ste3le wrote:
davvi wrote:
another nice thing would be customisable layouts and stuff on your profile and the ability to drag where buttons are around the screen, like maybe be able to rearange the Dash Profile Home Photo Video BuySell Product Forum SHOP buttons or put them on a different side of the screen.

also more options for posting like more emoticions, fonts etc.

I think the plus symbol shud be difrent as well. eg your name is written in gold

This isnt myspace.

ouch....

O+
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:23 Quote
can we plaese get rid on the "Upgrade to premium" thing that is in bright yellow on your profile. its really anoying! and kind of demeaning. im in australia, its never gonna help me here and i cant really afford to pay for it with no job and all. just put it down the bottom of every page under "about us".

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:38 Quote
chunkiemonkie wrote:
more like western Canada......

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:39 Quote
ericvan wrote:
chunkiemonkie wrote:
yeah...

Mod
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:47 Quote
ericvan wrote:
chunkiemonkie wrote:

Go into your local shop and say you were on Pinkbike and they have this unique opportunity where their shop is able to gain exposure via advertising and goodwill while maintaining a good customer rapport by joining this Road Trip program. You can show your local shop what other shops in Canada and the US have agreed to in terms of discounts on bikes, clothing, accessories, and labor turnaround periods and see if they would be interested in joining and show them all of the benefits associated with joining. If they are interested in joining, they can visit this site and see more details including how to contact the site's admins and enroll in this program.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 20:37 Quote
im gonna buy it just to show that i pay to watch kids argue over the internet.lol

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 20:42 Quote
dobstreetz wrote:
im gonna buy it just to show that i pay to watch kids argue over the internet.lol
are you serious! lol i would never pay for that junk

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022901
Mobile Version of Website