wats the best freeride bike in your opinion
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 8:45 Quote
i think the well rounded MDE pusher!
http://www.northshorefreeriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1512.0

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
jingo wrote:
sherbet wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

no company has a great return / warrrenty policy.
unless it had a manufacturing defect then you might as well not even bother with the warrenty haha
Me and a friend broke 2 raceface diabolous crankarms and tried to get them replaced because of the lifetime warrenty and all I got was -

'There is no manufacturing fault present, therefore it is not covered by our lieftime warrenty'

i was like 'WHAT!? IM NOT DEAD!! REPLACE IT!!' haha in the end i did get £100 off though, which was nice

Wrooong. Crankbros has a damned good return policy and the such. Other than them, I don't know of any company good for that.

specilized are meant to be realy good

Yeah life time warranty, if you snap you're frame.. Ping.. Brand new one. That's what happened with my mate in Notts

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
Is it just me, or is the entire freeride community completely obsessed with the bottlerocket? It may be light or have nice geometry or whatever else, but unless you're super smooth and everything you ride has a nice smooth tranny, I just can't make myself believe that 5.5" of travel is enough. Sure its a nice bike, but I think a lot of people are seeing the hype and jumping on the bandwagon. Personally I think a freeride bike needs at least 7" of travel rear and minimum 6" front. Also, there will never be a "best" bike for anything. different people like different types of riding and different bikes are good for different types of riding. I like hucking, so I like the big travel bikes.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
psuPbikeRider88 wrote:
Is it just me, or is the entire freeride community completely obsessed with the bottlerocket? It may be light or have nice geometry or whatever else, but unless you're super smooth and everything you ride has a nice smooth tranny, I just can't make myself believe that 5.5" of travel is enough. Sure its a nice bike, but I think a lot of people are seeing the hype and jumping on the bandwagon. Personally I think a freeride bike needs at least 7" of travel rear and minimum 6" front. Also, there will never be a "best" bike for anything. different people like different types of riding and different bikes are good for different types of riding. I like hucking, so I like the big travel bikes.

Bottlerockets are overrated, and steal geometry from other bikes-which are much better for the same application.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
psuPbikeRider88 wrote:
the bottle rocket isnt that light.. santa cruz bikes are lighter and the new shores arelike the same as it ..

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 21:10 Quote
ok.. they arent light, they dont have much travel... maybe the geometry is ok, but why is everyone drooling over them?

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
there small.. i think .. i dunno

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
psuPbikeRider88 wrote:
ok.. they arent light, they dont have much travel... maybe the geometry is ok, but why is everyone drooling over them?

Because it's "cool". Just like slopestye.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
ya i totally agree for freeride i liek between 6 and 8,

i love my scream for freeride,
photo

but bottle rockets are aparently nice, good for dj/fr more meant for that than pure out dh/fr

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 4:42 Quote
its because its a cheap mans intense ss or mde pusher.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 7:19 Quote
no offense, but they dont seem all that cheap.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
psuPbikeRider88 wrote:
no offense, but they dont seem all that cheap.

They're what? $1500 for the frame new? Compare that to the intense SS, isn't that like, $2800? Not sure of the price on the latter, but it's gotta be tons more.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
i guess that not bad for new, but id rather get a nicer used whole bike for the same price.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
balog wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
wow that KTM calibre is pretty nice.

although ive a feeling its just a santa-cruz or something with a KTM vynl wrap on it

Horst link on a Santa Cruz??? No way!
I may be any of those Taiwan made frames with KTM stickers... but it doesn´t mean it´s shit, cause you can see many big brands do that, such as Azonic and KHS for exemple!

the KTMs are devinci's arent they? just with the KTM stickers
im sure thats what i've heard, and they do look similar

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
pack wrote:
balog wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
wow that KTM calibre is pretty nice.

although ive a feeling its just a santa-cruz or something with a KTM vynl wrap on it

Horst link on a Santa Cruz??? No way!
I may be any of those Taiwan made frames with KTM stickers... but it doesn´t mean it´s shit, cause you can see many big brands do that, such as Azonic and KHS for exemple!

the KTMs are devinci's arent they? just with the KTM stickers
im sure thats what i've heard, and they do look similar

Yeah..., it may be.... but not Santa Cruz!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026377
Mobile Version of Website