Powered by Outside

Abandoned project thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Abandoned project thread
Posted: May 6, 2012 at 4:52 Quote
I'm partial to the closed boxes, that way heat doesn't transfer back into the engine through the air filter.

All preference really.

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 10:45 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
I'm partial to the closed boxes, that way heat doesn't transfer that much back into the engine through the air filter.

All preference really.

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 17:51 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
I'm partial to the closed boxes, that way heat doesn't transfer back into the engine through the air filter.

All preference really.

This has been debated to death. Some guy on one of the diesel forums put a sensor in his intake and tried with a boxed style and an open element. The temps were virtually the same with both styles at cruising speed since all the warm air gets flushed out anyway. Sitting at an idle the open element was a little warmer, who really cares at idle though?

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 18:19 Quote
I think as long as the engine has proper flow of air in the engine bay the temps will be down a good amount to use an "open box style"

Closed boxes are a pain in the ass to get to the filter but look a lot "cleaner" when you open the hood insted of having a dirty filter staring you in the face. Personal preference.

Did a good amount of work today on the trucks. Pictures will be posted momentarily.
Body and box are ready to come off frame!

*edit*

UPDATEEE.

Updated pictures.
Updated Pictures
Updated pictures
After wire removal
After wire removal
photo
Updated pictures.
Updated shots.

Dodge np205 I picked up for 300 bucks.
Dodge np205 t-case 23 spline.

Seats mocked up, need to fab a seat mount for them!
SS seats in the c10 cab. Need to fab and weld up some mounting brackets

My dog supervising everything, accidently woke her up from a nap....As you can see, mad face. Really Mad
Just bein a boss.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 20:44 Quote
Long time no post! Project has been fairly slow lately because of extended hours at work. however...I have made up a seat bracket mount blueprint for the seats.
Picked up a set of 275/70r16 BST Dueller revo2 tires that were scrapped off a guys truck for free! Going to do a tire swap sometime this weekend too. Atleast they will be more road worthy and will pass safety!

Pictures to follow!

Posted: May 27, 2012 at 21:42 Quote
After a week and a half...just went apeshit on the truck. Cab is off the yellow truck. Engine, trans and t-case are out aswell. Hood, fenders and grille is off the blue truck, swapped to the yellow doors and rear window. Found a 97 Cummins with 320xxx k on it, bought a rebuild kit this pay. Going to take the engine in and get it swapped over to new parts..ported and polished aswell.

Need a trans, a buddy of mine that parts out this truck has a friend that has my trans I'm looking for..so I will hopefully be either doing a sell or doing a "swap truck for trans"

Pics are before the engine removal. Was getting dark by that point. Also have on order, a bunch of shit from LMC...Should be here in two or so weeks.

Updated Pictures
Cab off.
Updated Pictures

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 at 16:51 Quote
Removed canopy (and therefore had to add rear cab panel and far box), changed colour, added stacks, tinted windows and tail light, new rims.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120401/074r1/5545nd4_20.jpeg
Removed canopy and therefore had to add rear cab panel and far box changed colour added stacks tinted windows and tail light new rims.

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 at 18:50 Quote
as far as the oil filter goes, i would go K&N. Ive run that in all my/my parents cars (im 17, so I may not be to acurate on some things I say) What kinda makes it great is the bolt head on the bottom, and i have yet to hear anything bad on them.

And my 2 cents on your lift- I know on those trucks, you can clear 37;s with a 4 inch lift. And honestly, if you were going through the effort of putting a cummins in, why not just 4 link it? even if just in the rear.

But hey, just my 2 cents.

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2012 at 22:23 Quote
For the love of puppy dogs and all things holy, please build no stacks.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 at 5:36 Quote
Glad to see this thread still has some life left in it.

I contacted BDS suspension about a 4" lift kit. they said I would need extra leafs...which got me thinking about air ride.

Also have a good line on some series 185/186 rims for the truck (17') thinking about going 35, 37's seem stuck in my head!

I wanted stacks..and since not very many companies make a diesel performance exhaust to run with the cummins..it gave me a few ideas of what I wanted.

I've heard that K&N are good but for air filters. I'm probably going to go with the wix and shell rotella 5w-40 oil.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 at 13:14 Quote
Four links aren't really for the road.. not needed. Its not the matter of linking someting, its actaully hard Wink

If you are thinking of lifting it 4i DO NOT buy a kit. Looking for a shackle flip, trust me the ride is much softer than running lift springs.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 at 13:50 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
Four links aren't really for the road.. not needed. Its not the matter of linking someting, its actaully hard Wink

If you are thinking of lifting it 4i DO NOT buy a kit. Looking for a shackle flip, trust me the ride is much softer than running lift springs.
The most I've ever seen a shackle flip for is 3", I'd also be willing to bet his current leafs are pretty sagged. If he runs a 3" shackle and a couple extra leafs it should be perfect.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 at 14:03 Quote
Strange i have a 4 inch in mine.. pretty easy to find..

Still allows you to run stock leafs.. thats the point

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
Fair enough then, I've only looked for them in F250s,cherokees, and Tjs though so its not suprising.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 at 14:09 Quote
the leafs in this truck are done. they are pretty well anti leafs and look concave lol. the back has 9 leafs in it....
Ill entertain the idea for a shackle flip and put some half ton springs in there with air-ride or something like that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039082
Mobile Version of Website