Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

General DH Discussion

PB Forum :: Downhill
General DH Discussion
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 8:04 Quote
I have a chromag stem and so far it's been flawless. It looks awesome as well, however I don't know the weight

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 8:05 Quote
masongrams wrote:
I have a chromag stem and so far it's been flawless. It looks awesome as well, however I don't know the weight
Can't edit on mobile. The chromag direct mount

FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 9:37 Quote
Right on, thanks guys. Basically, they're all good, I just have to choose.

Mod
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 10:35 Quote
zachrosevt wrote:
Basically, it's what ever your druthers is when you go to buy. They'll all do the job. funny how you got 3 responses, one for each... haha

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 20:25 Quote
isaacds wrote:
zachrosevt wrote:
Basically, it's what ever your druthers is when you go to buy. They'll all do the job. funny how you got 3 responses, one for each... haha

so true

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 10:30 Quote
alright this is gunna sound stupid, but im just building up my new devinci and ive put the headset together correctly and i threw the fork on but when i tightened the top cap just a bit, the steering became instantly stiff. anyone know what it could be?

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 10:35 Quote
Depends how tight, if you tighten it too tight it'll get stiff.

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 10:38 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
alright this is gunna sound stupid, but im just building up my new devinci and ive put the headset together correctly and i threw the fork on but when i tightened the top cap just a bit, the steering became instantly stiff. anyone know what it could be?
This happened to me once, look at the top portion and double check everything to make sure its correct.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 15:36 Quote
got it. guess i put in something wrong haha bike is feelin great!!

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 7:06 Quote
When cornering tighter flat turns, my front tire washes out causing me to crash. Any tips to help fix that problem?

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 8:39 Quote
More weight over the front end mostly. There are many ways to accomplish that. Lower bars/lower stem, body position, more sag on the front end. Tire selection will also help. What is your setup now?

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 9:33 Quote
Everything is factory, 2011 big hit III

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 9:34 Quote
Still running the butcher tires.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 9:56 Quote
Keep your weight more over the front end then.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 9:59 Quote
Will do, thanks for the help.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029234
Mobile Version of Website