Powered by Outside

The Bike Rebuild Thread: Instructions and Index on first page

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The Bike Rebuild Thread: Instructions and Index on first page
Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 18:49 Quote
Demonpyro wrote:
sam264 wrote:
Aye you did mention it in the ad so I bought it expecting to strip it, got a good deal on it from what I can remember anyway Smile

Lovely looking machine that dude, the dorados suit it nicely

LOL yeah no probs..
THX as it took some time/cash to get like this,now got XO Mech/shifter with E*thirteen LG1r cranks on

I think some people are missing the point of this thread. This forum is not so you can show off your shiny new drivetrain on your shiny new bike. It is meant to show transformation. We want to see tired out rides being re-made into total rippers by way of either getting new parts (a lot of them), repainting some things, or rebuilding the parts that were on the bike to begin with. If anyone is needs an example of what I am trying to explain, both of fanta's rebuilds fit the bill perfectly.

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 18:51 Quote
GoRideYoBike wrote:
Demonpyro wrote:
sam264 wrote:
Aye you did mention it in the ad so I bought it expecting to strip it, got a good deal on it from what I can remember anyway Smile

Lovely looking machine that dude, the dorados suit it nicely

LOL yeah no probs..
THX as it took some time/cash to get like this,now got XO Mech/shifter with E*thirteen LG1r cranks on

I think some people are missing the point of this thread. This forum is not so you can show off your shiny new drivetrain on your shiny new bike. It is meant to show transformation. We want to see tired out rides being re-made into total rippers by way of either getting new parts (a lot of them), repainting some things, or rebuilding the parts that were on the bike to begin with. If anyone is needs an example of what I am trying to explain, both of fanta's rebuilds fit the bill perfectly.

Rolleyes fair play bud just forgot what forum i was on like..Facepalm

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 20:13 Quote
Demonpyro wrote:
NorCalWannabe wrote:
Dorado Pro with MRD crowns, stickers, and legs?

Yeah bud the Pro(black crowns/tops) were too short as the guy cut them to a scarey 145mm?
So he swapped them over form his MRD's
will be getting them powder coated satin black soon and normal PRO decals soon he he!

Get them anodized... the MRD crowns are tooled out to be lighter than the PRO... Anno would look AWESOME too!

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 20:15 Quote
NorCalWannabe wrote:
Demonpyro wrote:
NorCalWannabe wrote:
Dorado Pro with MRD crowns, stickers, and legs?

Yeah bud the Pro(black crowns/tops) were too short as the guy cut them to a scarey 145mm?
will be getting them powder coated satin black soon and normal PRO decals soon he he!

Get them anodized... the MRD crowns are tooled out to be lighter than the PRO... Anno would look AWESOME too!

Where'd you get them ano'd in Maine?

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 20:18 Quote
GoRideYoBike wrote:
NorCalWannabe wrote:
Demonpyro wrote:

Mine are just the standard MRD finish...idk any companies ,specifically, that do consumer plating in Maine, but I did look a few up when I first got my Tr450 to have the frame done.

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 20:20 Quote
NorCalWannabe wrote:
GoRideYoBike wrote:
NorCalWannabe wrote:

Mine are just the standard MRD finish...idk any companies ,specifically, that do consumer plating in Maine, but I did look a few up when I first got my Tr450 to have the frame done.

Oh my bad. Thought you said *Got them anodized. Would be cool to have somewhere around here that would do that for cheap Smile

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 20:23 Quote
GoRideYoBike wrote:
NorCalWannabe wrote:
GoRideYoBike wrote:

Oh my bad. Thought you said *Got them anodized. Would be cool to have somewhere around here that would do that for cheap Smile

These folks looks promising...

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 20:25 Quote
NorCalWannabe wrote:
GoRideYoBike wrote:
NorCalWannabe wrote:

These folks looks promising...

Indeed...

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 12:01 Quote
I just finished my Sunday.

Started off like this:

The Sunday finally built and christened

It had play in the back end, bearings were f*cked and the DW link was worn. Chain guide was crap, brakes were f*cked and a load of other little niggles.

Stripped it down back in November to send off to Pearce cycles to get the linkage sorted, but I got side-tracked and ended up stripping the paint. I used emery cloth to do the big areas, paint stripper and a wire brush around the welds and a dremel with a flap wheel and/or some wire brushes to get at the really fiddly bits. I then polished it up with fine wire wool.

Before I did the Fiddly bits:

Stripping the Sunday

Before I polished it:

Sunday looking stripped and shiny

Sent it to Pearce last week and got it back yesterday all tight and lovely. Didn't cost too much and they were super quick, can't fault them.

For christmas I got a few parts - some new XT brakes, e-thirteen LS-1+, Funn bars. Changed a couple other small components around. I also destickered the rims and touched them up with a sharpie for a cleaner look, and I bought some Iron Horse stickers off ebay. Cost a fiver and went on really easy, bargain. Got a -1.5deg angleset off a mate for £15 used but with brand new bearings too, so that went on as well.

Here's how she looks now.

Sunday finally finished.

Sunday finally finished.

Sunday finally finished.

Sunday finally finished.

Sunday finally finished.

Wouldn't mind a new wheelset and shock (and eventually forks), but that's a different story.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 12:08 Quote
I think you need a new saddle & the chain + cassette too(bit too much rust),but for the rest the bike looks sick mantup

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 12:10 Quote
Nice one dude! Looks sooo much better!

My glory rebuilt with polished shock (ignore the fugly decal) and a set of revelations i just sprayed, serviced and stuck new decals on Smile

Awwwww yeahh Rebuilt with new Zee drivetrain cheers moosey Hope Pro 3 s on EX721 s and a shock raw polish job ignore the shitty decal and lack of air valve waiting on that in the post STOKE
  Awwwww yeahh! Rebuilt with new Zee drivetrain (cheers moosey) Hope Pro 3's on EX721's and a shock raw/polish job (ignore the shitty decal and lack of air valve waiting on that in the post )STOKE

Awwwww yeahh Rebuilt with new Zee drivetrain cheers moosey Hope Pro 3 s on EX721 s and a shock raw polish job ignore the shitty decal and lack of air valve waiting on that in the post STOKE
  Awwwww yeahh! Rebuilt with new Zee drivetrain (cheers moosey) Hope Pro 3's on EX721's and a shock raw/polish job (ignore the shitty decal and lack of air valve waiting on that in the post )STOKE

Service with new decals and lowers sprayed. Primed
  Service with new decals and lowers sprayed. Primed

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 12:15 Quote
Posted picture of bike, received Fanta seal of approval.
photo

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 12:17 Quote
HAhahahaha lol A quick question how do I link text?

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 12:27 Quote
Never mind I figured it out. Just cleaned up and updated the index.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 7.434018
Mobile Version of Website