Powered by Outside

Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 23:40 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
With the search bar.
The Auto complete features seems awesome.
Is there a reason Bike Skills Parks don't come up with this feature?

Actually I don't think you can search for skills parks at all???

You are correct, the global search doesn't currently search skillparks, but I will add it! Its just a matter of performance tuning, its searching a lot of data.

- trails (based on trail name, aka, and other search terms)
- regions (based on trail name, aka, and other search terms)
- PB cities
- directory listings
- skillparks (to be added)

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 13:07 Quote
When viewing riding areas for a country, can a column be added to say what region the riding areas is in. When I look at New Zealand - Areas it is great to see all of the areas but I don't know what region they are in. We have 2 Totara Park riding areas in the same island but at different ends and it would be nice to see what region they were in.

Cheers

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 14:50 Quote
nikholden wrote:
When viewing riding areas for a country, can a column be added to say what region the riding areas is in. When I look at New Zealand - Areas it is great to see all of the areas but I don't know what region they are in. We have 2 Totara Park riding areas in the same island but at different ends and it would be nice to see what region they were in.

Cheers

Good point, I do do that for some other table lists, show the city or state, I guess it was just left out here. I will add it now.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 16:30 Quote
Is there a way to add a notice/comment for an entire park - or have one trail report apply to all trails in a park (or maybe even selectable trails). We do have situations here a whole park (because they are quite small) is closed for an event. All I can see at the moment is for individual trail status' to be updated.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 16:35 Quote
Why YES there is! when viewing the region, under the yellow "add/edit" dropdown, there is a "bulk trail reports".
You need to have built up some trust score before you can use it, i'm sure you have enough by now.

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 18:38 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Why YES there is! when viewing the region, under the yellow "add/edit" dropdown, there is a "bulk trail reports".
You need to have built up some trust score before you can use it, i'm sure you have enough by now.

photo

photo

Clearly I couldn't see the trees for the trails. It has been staring me right in the face all this time.

Cheers

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 9:11 Quote
I synced my trail log from Strava and it missidentified the country as El Salvador instead of Guatemala. If I have to go one by one to change it I will never finish!!. Madder Big Grin

Let me know what your suggestions are!

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 11:45 Quote
When editing content is helpful (is there any reason to...) add a note (This is a field at the bottom of edit page) as to what is being updated/edited?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 13:13 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
When editing content is helpful (is there any reason to...) add a note (This is a field at the bottom of edit page) as to what is being updated/edited?

It certainly helps a mod make a faster decision to confirm or reject it. Its also saved to the revision table for that item, so its easier to see a summary of the changes over time. But it's not required.

gzepeda wrote:
I synced my trail log from Strava and it missidentified the country as El Salvador instead of Guatemala. If I have to go one by one to change it I will never finish!!. Madder Big Grin

Let me know what your suggestions are!

Hmm, I guess the issue is there aren't any riding areas or even cities setup in this area of the world yet, so it can only try to match on the country. The location match for ridelog import works on nearest marker, I guess the El Salvador marker happened to be closer.

I will bulk update all your ridelogs for you, and look into it.
*edit* I see you submitted Guatemala region/country so it not already being in the system defiantly would have been an issue.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 3:53 Quote
I can't find the post now, but someone asked for MapMyRide support for importing Ridelogs.
This has been added!
Supports both individual import and bulk import
http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/mapmyrideimport/

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
It would be great to have a method of printing maps... Either an entire area, or a specific view would be good.

Also, it would be awesome to have a route planner. You could select all or portions of trails and link them with other trails, and then output a report that shows the highlighted route on the map, total distance, and elevation profiles. This would be awesome for scoping out new areas.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 15:11 Quote
Can you add something so you can delete your own comments from trailforks?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 18:50 Quote
hmm are you able to delete your own comment son Pinkbike? its the same comments system.

@hugebiff a "routes" feature is coming, and with that same system it can be used to do ride planning. Given the size of my todo list, it probably won't be done for another month.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 0:51 Quote
Hey,

Love this site, thanks for all the great work. A bit of feedback:

I find the Google Map/Terrain view styling difficult to read, the roads are a very similar grey to the terrain layer (at the terrain layer zoom level). When zoomed in past the terrain layer, the roads are darker and more legible. www.snazzymaps.com has some sweet GM API styling examples.

Also would be nice to have the option to flag a photo that's linked to a trail, if it's not actually on that trail. Not sure if there is currently a way to do this.

Thanks for fixing that issue with the Rossland region... everything looks great.

Cheers,

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 1:27 Quote
The map styling is a custom one i've created that I continue to tweak. It's really meant to highlight the trails, make them standout.

But you can toggle off the TF style and view the default Google styling, by unchecking the "style" checkbox.

photo

You can report photos that are linked to the wrong photo or for whatever reason.
On the PB photo page, look for the "Trail details" block and there is a "flag trail photo" link.

photo

Thanks for contributing the content and providing feedbkack!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042156
Mobile Version of Website