Powered by Outside

Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 11:48 Quote
Hi guys, I have commencal v4 with bos front and rear. The bos kirk on the rear is blowing through the travel very fast and will be sent back for warranty. But guy in shop said the frame is best suited to the monarch debonair. Might change to this ? Thoughts ?

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 12:11 Quote
Markkellr wrote:
Hi guys, I have commencal v4 with bos front and rear. The bos kirk on the rear is blowing through the travel very fast and will be sent back for warranty. But guy in shop said the frame is best suited to the monarch debonair. Might change to this ? Thoughts ?

It works quite nicely once you tune it to your liking. My debonair with no volume spacers also used a lot of travel.

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 13:42 Quote
The main problem for me is the pedal bob. It doesn't pedal as well as a 150mm rear end should. It might be just the shock doesn't hold its air properly.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 13:50 Quote
Markkellr wrote:
The main problem for me is the pedal bob. It doesn't pedal as well as a 150mm rear end should. It might be just the shock doesn't hold its air properly.
What psi are you running?

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 4:51 Quote
300 for about an hour then down to 220 as the shock want hold the pressure. Service centre tried to fix the problem but now it had to be warrantied with bos. Fun

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
Sounds like more of an issue with the shock than anything. I would wait to see if the warranty replacement/repair resolves the issue. The bike pedals great if the shock is working correctly, I rarely feel the need to use the lockout.

Posted: Jan 26, 2016 at 12:56 Quote
photo

Soon a new set of cranks, Reverb remote, fork damper and I'll probably declare it finished Wink

Posted: Jan 26, 2016 at 21:40 Quote
Roguee wrote:
Cane creek double barrel fits
Hey man you mean the air or the coil ?
Thx

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 11:07 Quote
Thought you fellas might be interested in this , Im trying to get more details now if it was a special spring or anything
photo

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:
Thought you fellas might be interested in this , Im trying to get more details now if it was a special spring or anything
photo

Sjit i need that with cs!

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 12:02 Quote
Have fun sending it to CC to get rebuilt every 2 months.

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 12:46 Quote
PhoS wrote:

Why would that be?

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 13:40 Quote
Hi guys,
With monarch + and the v4, what pressures and spacers are you guys running?
I'm about 85kg kitted up, running nearly 300psi with no spacers....still seems to sit into the travel quite a bit.
Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 13:41 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:
photo
The guys at CC said that nothing would fit based on the frame dimensions they had for the V4. Definitely interested to see if this works!

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
ColinD wrote:
PhoS wrote:

Why would that be?

It's fairly common to blow the seals out and have them start making odd noises when the oil mixes with air.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051020
Mobile Version of Website