Powered by Outside

SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 10:09 Quote
Who has gone tubeless with the stock 2016 WTB STp I23 rims? Any issues to be aware of? Some people have complained that they can be hard to seat the bead...

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 10:16 Quote
milestogo wrote:
Who has gone tubeless with the stock 2016 WTB STp I23 rims? Any issues to be aware of? Some people have complained that they can be hard to seat the bead...
I have KOM'sand they were horrific, i had to put a tube in them to seat the tyre, then pop it out, and remove the valve core to inflate, and that's with a 50 l compressor

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 10:35 Quote
I had a great deal of trouble with my WTB rims too. I would reccomend lots of VERY soapy water, Co2 worked after the foot pumps failed. (Turns out WTB made a batch of tires that were out of specification.)

Seating it with a tube is a really good idea too, I'll try that next time, I'm sure it's more effective than swearing and shouting.

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 12:12 Quote
milestogo wrote:

I mounted some Maxxis tubeless ready tires with a floor pump, these were the easiest tubeless setup ever. I did have the tires mounted with tubes prior to the conversion.

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 12:14 Quote
milestogo wrote:

I have a set of KOMs on my Scout and Frequency I25 Teams on my Bottle rocket and love both. I have Magic Marrys upfront on both bikes and Rock Razors on the rears. I am almost 1 year on both with multiple rides and have never had any issues. Mounting and airing the tires were a breeze as well.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2016 at 5:22 Quote
Great info on that. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 19:09 Quote
2016 Transition Scout for 29er Trade

Hey Guys. Question. I'm running 1x10. Do I REALLY need to go 1x11 or add a 42T?? Yes, climbs are harder compared to my 2x10 29er I rode last year, but should I just wait and get my legs/stamina stronger? Or does adding a 42t to m 1x10 ring make a BIG difference?

Simple Build on my bike

Pike
XT 1x10
Flows
Thomson Stem
Atlas Bars
Stealth Decals
Guide RSC

Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 20:02 Quote
hrod19 wrote:
2016 Transition Scout for 29er Trade

Hey Guys. Question. I'm running 1x10. Do I REALLY need to go 1x11 or add a 42T?? Yes, climbs are harder compared to my 2x10 29er I rode last year, but should I just wait and get my legs/stamina stronger? Or does adding a 42t to m 1x10 ring make a BIG difference?

Simple Build on my bike

Pike
XT 1x10
Flows
Thomson Stem
Atlas Bars
Stealth Decals
Guide RSC

How many teefers up front do u have?

U can go to a 30t if u do not already have one.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 4:16 Quote
I currently have a 30T in the front. Its OK.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 4:26 Quote
I agree with the others. Nothing wrong with 1x10. I run a 30 tooth ring and a 11-36 cassette as well. Seen rings as small as 26. Frankly, I can't stand to look at those crazy 50 tooth cassettes anyway. Makes more sense to me to go to a smaller chainring than a larger cassette. I know the smaller chainrings have an effect on suspension and most suspension engineers work around a 32t design, but I can't tell the difference with the smaller chainrings. I've ridden a 28t also and still didn't feel the chain binding my suspension. Plus, the smaller cassette and smaller chainring yields more ground clearance and has so be at least a little lighter I'd imagine. Jus sayin'.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 9:59 Quote
hrod19 wrote:
I currently have a 30T in the front. Its OK.
i fitted a one up 42 to a 10 speed cassette, it made a bit of difference, i now run a 32 x 11, it's ok for climbing but too small for speed, my pal runs a 36 x 10 on his Alpine and is only marginally slower up hill,at the end of the day it's down to fitness and mentality

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 13:06 Quote
Build for 2016. Arc30s on hope hubs to replace my broken LB hoops. Black anodized pivot hardware. Still about 30lbs
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 15:20 Quote
2015 Transition Scout Medium
photo

2015 Medium w/150mm MRP Stage
Profile Racing Helm Stem
Profile Elite Hubs on Spank Subrosa 30 Rims DT Comp Spokes
Race Face Next SL Cranks,Cinch N/W 34t Ring, SixC 35mm Bars
Shimano XT Group
Chris King Headset

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 11:30 Quote
Has anyone tried a coil shock in their scout?

Id really like to try one ... but maybe its a really dumb move.

(fwiw the additonal weight is not an issue for me at all.)

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 18:08 Quote
JungleT wrote:
Has anyone tried a coil shock in their scout?

Id really like to try one ... but maybe its a really dumb move.

(fwiw the additonal weight is not an issue for me at all.)

I want to try one also, but there are only a couple of options that seem to be very expensive. What options have you found?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034556
Mobile Version of Website