Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 15:12 Quote
alanme wrote:
sdimit wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:

Its the m1900 wheel, I'm assuming its the new one but im not 100%. Yeah this was with stans tape in the rim.

How about using one of these then http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/gr/en/stans-no-tubes-all-mountain-29er-rim-strip-2016/rp-prod38846 think it'll do the job and seal the rim? just saying...

The hole point of having a tubeless rim is so you can run it tubeless without resorting to getto style fixes, it will be going back.

yea youre right...my bad. after all its stated as tubeless ready....with a leaking joint....Madder

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 0:21 Quote
On a previous bike I made some simple offset bottle cage brackets to be able to fit a water bottle. With these I was able to position the cage as low as possible and at an angle to avoid contact with the shock.
Anybody think this would work on a Jeffsy to fit a normal sized water bottle?
Side entry water bottle positioned at slight angle.

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 0:51 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
On a previous bike I made some simple offset bottle cage brackets to be able to fit a water bottle. With these I was able to position the cage as low as possible and at an angle to avoid contact with the shock.
Anybody think this would work on a Jeffsy to fit a normal sized water bottle?
Side entry water bottle positioned at slight angle.

It might but I wouldn't be drinking out of that Bottle,

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 22:45 Quote
Hi,
Looking for some advice from some Jeffsy owners.

The Jeffsy looks a brilliant bike and amazing value for money, but the sizing is putting me off making the purchase. I'm 5'9" and currently ride a medium Whyte 129s, which fits well, but comparing it to the Jeffsy, it's closer to the large. I certainly wouldn't consider myself normally in the large bracket for bikes and the long seat post on the large Jeffsy concerns me for use with a dropper. I rode a friends Canyon Spectral (medium) and that felt a little squashed and the Jeffsy is shorter in reach - perhaps it's a different riding style.

Any advice most welcome!

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 6:11 Quote
ebharvey wrote:
Hi,
Looking for some advice from some Jeffsy owners.

The Jeffsy looks a brilliant bike and amazing value for money, but the sizing is putting me off making the purchase. I'm 5'9" and currently ride a medium Whyte 129s, which fits well, but comparing it to the Jeffsy, it's closer to the large. I certainly wouldn't consider myself normally in the large bracket for bikes and the long seat post on the large Jeffsy concerns me for use with a dropper. I rode a friends Canyon Spectral (medium) and that felt a little squashed and the Jeffsy is shorter in reach - perhaps it's a different riding style.

Any advice most welcome!

I'm 6'1" and the Large is perfect for me.

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 6:50 Quote
I think it depends what your coming off.the whyte is quite a long reach an top tube so maybe a large would be better for you?difficult to say as what suits some an what others prefer may be different for you

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
seanbacs wrote:
I think it depends what your coming off.the whyte is quite a long reach an top tube so maybe a large would be better for you?difficult to say as what suits some an what others prefer may be different for you

I'm tempted by the large as I prefer the longer reach. The medium Jeffsy, numbers wise, seems very short. However the long seat post on the large concerns me. It would be easier to be able to test one, but that's not so easy. Apart from that, I'm struggling to see a bike that fits the bill as well as the Jeffsy.

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 10:53 Quote
ebharvey wrote:
seanbacs wrote:

I'm tempted by the large as I prefer the longer reach. The medium Jeffsy, numbers wise, seems very short. However the long seat post on the large concerns me. It would be easier to be able to test one, but that's not so easy. Apart from that, I'm struggling to see a bike that fits the bill as well as the Jeffsy.

What is your inseam, I am Same Height 5'92 with 32 1/2 inseam sat on a large and post is a good 20mm from being slammed

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 11:49 Quote
alanme wrote:
ebharvey wrote:
seanbacs wrote:

What is your inseam, I am Same Height 5'92 with 32 1/2 inseam sat on a large and post is a good 20mm from being slammed

I'm around a 33" inseam - sounds like the large might be an option.
Did the large feel a comfortable fit? I wish I'd been able to make Fort William, where they were on display.

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 12:17 Quote
ebharvey wrote:
alanme wrote:
ebharvey wrote:

Did the large feel a comfortable fit? I wish I'd been able to make Fort William, where they were on display.

They had a Demo Day at Fort Bill unfortunately I have a broken wrist so could only sit on them,my Inseam is barefoot, My lad got the Medium Al comp 2 on Friday hopefully get a shot in a few weeks am considering the large myself as current bike Transition scout has a 457 reach but same wheelbase as the large jeffsy

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 12:58 Quote
ebharvey wrote:
alanme wrote:
ebharvey wrote:

Where do u live im in Northumberland your welcome to come and try it. Mines a medium.

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 13:33 Quote
Ok so I'm hovering over the Buy Now for the base Jeffsy, but that weight... I'm no weight weeny but I'm upgrading from my 26" Enduro that weighs in at 15kg (with DH tyres) and I'm looking for a slightly easier ride up the hills (I live in Queenstown and do the lot from bike park to xc to Alpine epics).
Soooo, any real world opinions on the feel of the weight? Cos at the moment the Canyon Spectral is over 1kg lighter...
First world problems I know but an honest review would be handy Smile

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
ebharvey wrote:
alanme wrote:

Where do u live im in Northumberland your welcome to come and try it. Mines a medium.

I'm up in Peebles, probably a bit far for me to travel, but thanks for the offer! Hopefully I'll bump into someone at Glentress with one....

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 0:26 Quote
Hey everyone, I should be purchasing a Jeffsy in the next couple months once my Patrol sells. I was just wondering what the review is on them besides the marketing review/videos? Also I will be in the LA area for the month of July, and was seeing if anyone on here lives in that area, and if they wouldn't mind me test riding theirs? I can through money towards whoever if need be. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 0:49 Quote
ebharvey wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
ebharvey wrote:

Takes me 1 hr 30 to get to tress

I'm up in Peebles, probably a bit far for me to travel, but thanks for the offer! Hopefully I'll bump into someone at Glentress with one....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045259
Mobile Version of Website