Powered by Outside

Sponsorship insight for all you lazy kids.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sponsorship insight for all you lazy kids.
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
bergentjossem wrote:
i totally know what you are talking about, but this article is not completely fair. this is an extremely broad generalization, and groups all american junior riders together. the description definetely fits tons of kids out there, but not even close to all of them, so don't make it seem that way. This article is extremely biased, and therefore loses a lot of credibility. Peace.

It's not an article. It's an editorial. Editorials are biased. That's how they work. There's no credibilty required. Think of it as a blog post. It's pretty dead on in my experience. It definitely sums up the Colorado race scene pretty perfectly.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 22:44 Quote
bergentjossem wrote:
i totally know what you are talking about, but this article is not completely fair. this is an extremely broad generalization, and groups all american junior riders together. the description definetely fits tons of kids out there, but not even close to all of them, so don't make it seem that way. This article is extremely biased, and therefore loses a lot of credibility. Peace.

It is definitely biased, but it should be! This is the same thing as any stereotype. Take snowboarding for example. There are resorts out that don't allow snowboarders, because they have earned the reputation of being a$$holes and snow scrapers. Sure its not EVERY one, but as a whole the 25 and under crown of snowboarders have definitely earned the rep that they get. Resorts aren't going to interview every person that wants to hit the hill, so they just ban them all.

SAME situation as this. Sure not all of you are useless pieces of flesh after you get a sponsor, but it happens enough that your entire group can be stereotyped with a relatively low percentage of error.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 22:56 Quote
so maybe every one should jus stop riding bikes?, and stop doing what they love to do?, riding a bike isnt about getting sponsored, being coached and all that bull shit you guys are talking about, real riders dont give a flying f*ck about that stuff, its all about having fun, going out for the day or a road trip, shreddin with friends, and enjoying life...go hop on your bikes and go for a long ass ride and think about it,, and leave everyone alone, not everyone is as "hardcore" as u guys are, if you wanna call it that...haha...peace

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
bergentjossem wrote:

It's not an article. It's an editorial. Editorials are biased. That's how they work. There's no credibilty required. Think of it as a blog post. It's pretty dead on in my experience. It definitely sums up the Colorado race scene pretty perfectly.

okay ya i was wrong about the "editorial" stuff, but still you say its dead on in your experience. what is your experience? why haven't you started a team the "right way"?

and also it doesnt' sum up colorado's race scene.. except mojo wheels team.. that it does. but what about Schusler? and Milan? and Sharp? coloradans.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
pipman wrote:
so maybe every one should jus stop riding bikes?, and stop doing what they love to do?, riding a bike isnt about getting sponsored, being coached and all that bull shit you guys are talking about, real riders dont give a flying f*ck about that stuff, its all about having fun, going out for the day or a road trip, shreddin with friends, and enjoying life...go hop on your bikes and go for a long ass ride and think about it,, and leave everyone alone, not everyone is as "hardcore" as u guys are, if you wanna call it that...haha...peace

What the f dude? We are talking about the juniors race scene. It's gotten a bit too serious the last couple years. Maybe read the linked editorial and go to a race or two. Then come back and talk $hit.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 23:14 Quote
lol...im canadian we dont talk shit here,, what does that mean exactly?...lmao

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
bergentjossem wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
bergentjossem wrote:

okay ya i was wrong about the "editorial" stuff, but still you say its dead on in your experience. what is your experience? why haven't you started a team the "right way"?

and also it doesnt' sum up colorado's race scene.. except mojo wheels team.. that it does. but what about Schusler? and Milan? and Sharp? coloradans.

Mate, stop taking this personally! Are you representing your country at the worlds? No? Do you sit in a sponsorship taking everything and giving nothing? No? Well then it wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the countless racers who have potential, but become complacent, and loose any ambition they once had to be globally recognised for what they do.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 7:19 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
bergentjossem wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Mate, stop taking this personally! Are you representing your country at the worlds? No? Do you sit in a sponsorship taking everything and giving nothing? No? Well then it wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the countless racers who have potential, but become complacent, and loose any ambition they once had to be globally recognised for what they do.

word

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 7:57 Quote
Aside from the op/editorial piece posted at the top, this thread is a woefully telling indictment of the youth in North America. Nobody can read, write, spell, or listen. I fear the day when I'm a dottering old man and dependent on you lot for my pills and my pablum.
DavMak, an excellent find, thanks for the post. Sorry the thread went to shit by the time it hit page 2.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
bergentjossem wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
bergentjossem wrote:

whats wrong with mojo?

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
poozank wrote:
bergentjossem wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

whats wrong with mojo?

nothing at all, i was on it for a short time, but im saying some of the kids on the team fit the description quite nicely.

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
HAHAHA

Ok. Apparently Littermag got just as much outrage over the article as this post did. So he went and wrote a follow up article. The follow up is HILARIOUS.
http://www.littermag.com/2008/news/newsarticle.php?newsID=1115

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
HAHAHA

Ok. Apparently Littermag got just as much outrage over the article as this post did. So he went and wrote a follow up article. The follow up is HILARIOUS.
http://www.littermag.com/2008/news/newsarticle.php?newsID=1115
HAHA so true [Quoten]in the last few weeks I have invested in all the straight-brimmed hats and girl's pants I can get my hands onlol

as soon as I can get this damn iPhone to work...[/Quoten]no sarcasm at all!

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 7:26 Quote
shaughnl wrote:

i love to ride my bike and i do anything to get better. i am also against the rich kids who get everything bought for them not in jealousy but just the fact that they dont work for it, and they generally just think they are good and are just gonna get better without doing anything. i have a friend that fits this example perfectly, he sits on the couch playing call of duty all day, brakes down the whole trail.i just ride for fun but those kind of people make me mad.

and to the sponsorship topic. i dont care if i get sponsored, never had never will, i ride for the sport and for myself. sponsorship is something good to have but if thats the only reason your riding then just stop.

amen to that i know a guy who does that especially the call of duty Geek part and the spoiled part he got dirt jumper 3's in his first month Eek

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
TeuchterPigeon wrote:
shaughnl wrote:

i love to ride my bike and i do anything to get better. i am also against the rich kids who get everything bought for them not in jealousy but just the fact that they dont work for it, and they generally just think they are good and are just gonna get better without doing anything. i have a friend that fits this example perfectly, he sits on the couch playing call of duty all day, brakes down the whole trail.i just ride for fun but those kind of people make me mad.

and to the sponsorship topic. i dont care if i get sponsored, never had never will, i ride for the sport and for myself. sponsorship is something good to have but if thats the only reason your riding then just stop.

amen to that i know a guy who does that especially the call of duty Geek part and the spoiled part he got dirt jumper 3's in his first month Eek

well just the other day his dad bought him a new bike. 07 wilson, boxxer world cups, saint hydros... oh and for 3 grand

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027109
Mobile Version of Website