Powered by Outside

When you grow up, what do you want to be!!!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
When you grow up, what do you want to be!!!
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
i would want to work in a trade, or be an architect. My dream job though would be something involving the design of bikes or snowboards though..

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
Welder Fitter, I hate measuring cutting and grinding but its way better then pushing rods and whips all day. And I have never had a problem with my steel toe boots getting cold. Just buy a real nice pair and its like walking on sun shine. Right now im doing a co-op at Atlas copco and im welding on things that get x-rayed and I don't have any tickets or apprentice ships so i would say im pretty talented at what i do.

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
stuffy-man wrote:
Welder Fitter, I hate measuring cutting and grinding but its way better then pushing rods and whips all day. And I have never had a problem with my steel toe boots getting cold. Just buy a real nice pair and its like walking on sun shine. Right now im doing a co-op at Atlas copco and im welding on things that get x-rayed and I don't have any tickets or apprentice ships so i would say im pretty talented at what i do.

damn thats some skillz

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
i wanna work on disneyland ,you know putting up the costume and shit
naa just kidding i wanabe an auto designer i have some pretty f*ckt up ideas in my head and paper right now and i dont even go to school or take any art classes , ill just have to wait till i have the opportunitie to present my skils to big automakers
then become someone like chip foose and rott myself on money and buy bikes n cars and go live to the carribbean hell yea

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
either a welder or an electrical engineering technologistSmile

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
freeridemassacre19 wrote:
either a welder or an electrical engineering technologistSmile

Go the electrical route. Welding is a good job, but it's extremely dirty and not very healthy.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
when i grow up im takin over the farm!! lol

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
im doing a co-op at a local car dealer in the body shop, got an apprenticeship last year and start in june when im done school right now and to any kids trying to get into a trade job take a co-op type program throught your high school you work at a job and get credits i got an apprinticeship when i was 16 just talk to your tech teachers and they'll point you in the right direction

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
I've just decided I'm not going to grow up. My grandpa keeps telling me to stop having birthdays before I get old Razz

If I change my mind I'll probably go into engineering, possibly mechanical.

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 23:13 Quote
probably a suspension tester, since i broke my new fork in 3 months. i wish i was though. or a mechanical engineer for bikes or something like that. i wouldnt mind that. i think my parents want me to major in economics and work with stocks and banks since they make MONEY. then buy more bikes. Big Grin

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
i wanna be a rally racing driver, for subaru

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 22:23 Quote
AmirB wrote:
i wanna be a rally racing driver, for subaru

and i wanna be sam hill! racing against the subaru!

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 23:45 Quote
i'm surprised no one has mentioned park patrol yet. i'm not a hundred percent sure what kind of training these guys do (on a career website i looked up, it says you can go to "park ranger school" or something and take special classes to do it). i have always loved camping and do it a lot, and i enjoy riding around on atvs and trucks and just being out in rural areas. it wouldn't be quite as dangerous as a police officer (which i grew up wanting to become), but i think it would be great non the less. not to mention good pay.

i'm going into a apprentaceship (sorry for spelling) class thing in high school for auto mechanics, and if the park patrol thing doesn't work out i'd like to work on cars and race (specifically rally or baja trucks)

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
i want to be an interior designer or a musiciantup

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
where is it that these plumbers are making $90/hr?
My dad is a fully ticketed plumber and welder, hes worked with the same company for 20 years, he makes nothing like that, is my family getting shafted geez?

anyway, im an apprentice Retail Meat Cutter. Its pretty cool, literaly and overall, everything you touch is either cold, sharp, will rip you to shreds, or snap your arm in half, I love my job.
on the plus side, nobody ever wants to come check out what I do, so I never have to explain it. I also think I would like to maybe hit automotive mechanic somewhere down the road if meat cutting doesnt work out.

Oh and I get to cover seafood, so I get to play with the lobsters.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036398
Mobile Version of Website