Powered by Outside

Marzochi Or Rockshox?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzochi Or Rockshox?
O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
i can definately see why people wpuld disagree with me on the rocco over vivid thing but after having ridden a rocco for the past year and a half i cant fault it, it just feels so good and is soo easy to adjust.

as for 66's over totems, i have an 06 66, as does my friend, the forks feel absoloutely amazing, i've never in 2 years of riding had a single problem with it and neither has he, pluss the more the forks get ridden the better they feel, in contrast to totems 07 or 08's which seem to constantly need to have there seals replaced, and also seem to be frequently sent back to sram.

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 8:59 Quote
g-off7 wrote:
i can definately see why people wpuld disagree with me on the rocco over vivid thing but after having ridden a rocco for the past year and a half i cant fault it, it just feels so good and is soo easy to adjust.

as for 66's over totems, i have an 06 66, as does my friend, the forks feel absoloutely amazing, i've never in 2 years of riding had a single problem with it and neither has he, pluss the more the forks get ridden the better they feel, in contrast to totems 07 or 08's which seem to constantly need to have there seals replaced, and also seem to be frequently sent back to sram.
i have a roco and i feel the same. amazin, but my 55 isn't exactly "perfect"

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
i would say that both companies are very good at what they are trying to do...Rockshox is huge in the race scene duh haha...they make there products based on that and the boxxer is a race proven amazing fork...marzocchi seems to be trying to target the freeride scene with the likes of vanderham....there 66 and 888 models are great for it(even though the new ones lack a bit) i would say that rockshox does prevail over marzocchi though, there forks take a little more attentivness but i have an argyle on my dj and an 888 on my dh and both are great but as of this year i believe rockshox is winning by a bit becuse of quality in their products...rewind a few years to 2006 and its a completly different story at least for me

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
...All i can say is i know loads of people with blown up rockshox(most recently toras and totems, but many older ones as well), but none with marzocchi, even had a set had a set of dj2 2002 which took abuse for 5 years and still didnt show any sign of giving. Fox=Marzocchi>Rockshox

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
NickHancock wrote:
...All i can say is i know loads of people with blown up rockshox(most recently toras and totems, but many older ones as well), but none with marzocchi, even had a set had a set of dj2 2002 which took abuse for 5 years and still didnt show any sign of giving. Fox=Marzocchi>Rockshox

news to me. my totems never had a problem. my 06 dj2's they were like. well shit Razz

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
dg85 wrote:
NickHancock wrote:

news to me. my totems never had a problem. my 06 dj2's they were like. well shit Razz
Actually i take it back im not impressed with newer dj's, wayyy to heavy for what they are. I here the 4x are better though. Are yours air or coil, because i think it was the air chamber that blew up. but to be fair i really dont like any air forks

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
NickHancock wrote:
dg85 wrote:
NickHancock wrote:

Actually i take it back im not impressed with newer dj's, wayyy to heavy for what they are. I here the 4x are better though. Are yours air or coil, because i think it was the air chamber that blew up. but to be fair i really dont like any air forks

mine was the coils. i think they stopped doing the 2 step totems. i went on rs site and couldnt see them on there.
i would agree when you say up to 2007 marz were better but late 07 to what i see going into 09+ rs have sorted their shit out.

FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:48 Quote
marazochi may be abit stronger but rockshox preform far better

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:57 Quote
From my experience with the top 3 uk fork importers, you are best off with Marzocchi forks from a warranty point of view.

Mojo - warranty dodgers - its always your fault it broke according to themMadder

Fishersport - warranty - "meh!"Very confused Joker

Windwave - The chief Marzocchi mechanic at 'Marzocchi UK' used to work at my lbs, you'll probably speak to him if you have any warranty issues and he is very helpful!

FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:00 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
From my experience with the top 3 uk fork importers, you are best off with Marzocchi forks from a warranty point of view.

Mojo - warranty dodgers

Windwave - The chief Marzocchi mechanic at 'Marzocchi UK' used to work at my lbs, you'll probably speak to him if you have any warranty issues and he is very helpful!

marrazochi have been worst from what ive seen, they wouldent take back these dj3s that a customer managed to snap the crown on them, since that we wont be odering anymore marazocchi

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

Mojo - warranty dodgers

marrazochi have been worst from what ive seen, they wouldent take back these dj3s that a customer managed to snap the crown on them, since that we wont be odering anymore marazocchi
did he have a receipt of new purchase? were they really broken from riding? I don't intend to side with any of the uk fork importers as from my experiences, they all bring a bad name to uk mountain biking, but details help....

FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
ldeere683 wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

Mojo - warranty dodgers

did he have a receipt of new purchase? were they really broken from riding? I don't intend to side with any of the uk fork importers as from my experiences, they all bring a bad name to uk mountain biking, but details help....

they were on a flow drift as standard that he had bought from the shop, they didnt appear to have any bad marks on them from been hit or anything but they just wouldent take them back. fishers are pretty bad aswell, every time weve sent some thing off to be fixed theyve always come back with the same problem

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
Note: - I feel with any mtb suspension products warranty is perhaps the most important thing to consider, uk customer service is notoriously bad compared to what you get in The States, that's just us EnglishBlank Stare - but suspension forks warranties are very hit and miss thanks to the complex nature of the products workings.

Durabilty of a product is important too, but both Marzocchi and Rockshox fail big time in that department [wtf can't they just test their products first?Madder ] - so that just leaves you with the issue of when you'll be facing a warranty issue not whether you will be!

EDIT: I think now that Hayes has bought Manitou and Manitou's production has all gone high-end and back to US made, their customer service and product reliability is going to soon be the best.

Mojo has proven sketchy from my experiences and what I've heard, but at least there's less chance of the product actually going wrong with Fox Forks...

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
ldeere683 wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

Mojo - warranty dodgers

none of my rs forks have ever broken so thats a plus tup
but i must say marzocchi warranty is pretty good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.099093
Mobile Version of Website