Info on living in Whistler

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Info on living in Whistler
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
hi there guys. i am living in the staff accommodation and i am desperate need of a job. anyone know of anything because none of the shops are hiring untill it gets busier and the blackcombe site is shit! thanks

Mod
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
Try looking for a job outside a bike shop. You might not get your "dream job" but you'll still be living in Whistler and reap the benefits of that. Look at restaurants, bars, cafes, and hotels and see if they're hiring. You can't just limit yourself to bike shops.

FL
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 2:41 Quote
try looking on craigs list. might find something on there like i did!

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:41 Quote
ali-chapple wrote:

U gonna be working/living there now?

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
sakkalli1410 wrote:
hi there guys. i am living in the staff accommodation and i am desperate need of a job. anyone know of anything because none of the shops are hiring untill it gets busier and the blackcombe site is shit! thanks

not sure if it's still true, but theres almost always a job as a dishy. check the restaurants and bars... also as bussers

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
Anybody know if its easy to find work there as a chef? I'm thinking of heading there after i get my cooking diploma at SAIT. Also if i could use the Alberta diploma hours as 2 years towards my journeyman in BC?

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 13:16 Quote
DasCliff wrote:
Anybody know if its easy to find work there as a chef? I'm thinking of heading there after i get my cooking diploma at SAIT. Also if i could use the Alberta diploma hours as 2 years towards my journeyman in BC?

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 13:24 Quote
nosebleed wrote:
DasCliff wrote:

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php

wicked, thanks bro

FL
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
sx-sam wrote:
ali-chapple wrote:

i wish Frown stil got 2 years of uni left, after that I'm moving out there though

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 17:28 Quote
sakkalli1410 wrote:

you apply to zip trek? they normally hire a shit ton of people

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 8:23 Quote
ali-chapple wrote:
sx-sam wrote:
ali-chapple wrote:

i wish Frown stil got 2 years of uni left, after that I'm moving out there though

Awesome! moving for good or just through the riding season?

FL
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 10:14 Quote
hopefully for good if I can find a proper full time job!

Posted: Aug 9, 2010 at 1:55 Quote
Sik!!!! I wanna do a peak leaders course and at least get out there for the riding seasons!

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 0:26 Quote
I'm moving there in October for the winter season then staying for summer 2011.

Can anyone tell me if bike theft is a big problem there?

Brad.

FL
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 7:28 Quote
bRaDzAsS wrote:
I'm moving there in October for the winter season then staying for summer 2011.

Can anyone tell me if bike theft is a big problem there?

Brad.

I quite happily left my bike in town whilst i went for a wonder. never had any problems and i havent heard of any either

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039705
Mobile Version of Website