66 or totem?

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 0:57 Quote
freerider49 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
rockafella wrote:
i used to be a marzo man, rockshox has shown light

rock shock is the spotlight in the sea of 2 watt bulbs out there. only other brand that is in the same playing field is fox. (and maby bos, dunno, havent rode one)

and iv seen 08s marzz come ito our shop absoultly f*cked up. a guy (paul) (a local, and frequent shop shopper.) came in with his 08 marzz 66 rc3 and it was pissing oil all over the place. he swapped it for his older 06 66 rc2x, and even though the 08 is fixed, he wont touch it. iv ridden with him. he is a good rider, and does not abbuse his equpment. one of the many reasons why no one in our shop runs marzzochhi suspension unless it is older than 07.

oh ok. i just bought one. what should i do.

The first thing to do is stop reading all the haters trashing Marz... ride your shit and see what YOU think. Who cares if some guy in some shop likes his '06 better than his '08... see what YOU think.

The problem with the '07 and '08 Zocchi's is with the seals, wipers , bushings, etc... all the 'small' parts. When Tenneco took over, they tried to use all of the stock that they had in the Marzocchi forks instead of going with the tried and trued distributors Marzocchi had been using forever. At this point, they're back to using their own suppliers and know exactly which crap parts went into which forks so they can easily fix any issues that do come up with old forks. Chances are, if you just got it three days ago, you'll be fine. If not, Zocchi will happily fix for you and you'll be all set. At this point though, it's just the fanboy crap that wont die...

I just paid full retail for an '09 888 RC3 WC AFTER riding an '09 40 and an '08 Boxxer WC because I thought it felt the best... and that's really the bottom line, the only thing that matters is what you think of how your ride feels.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 2:12 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
Totems if you got the money, but only if they are solo air!
66 RC3 FTW if you got an average budget.

solo air if your weight weenie,coil for pounders.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 6:50 Quote
I've been reading all those biased comments about Marzocchi 66 forks from 2007/08 being bad quality/leaking and for sure breaking after first ride.

So it happened that I've bought Demo 7 2008 with Marzocchi 66RCV 180mm on it. I've been riding bike and abusing it on all jumps and drops without single service( only external cleaning). And guess what? I haven't broke or fail even once and is so plush.

Regards,
SoboL

Posted: May 30, 2010 at 9:50 Quote
misobol wrote:
I've been reading all those biased comments about Marzocchi 66 forks from 2007/08 being bad quality/leaking and for sure breaking after first ride.

So it happened that I've bought Demo 7 2008 with Marzocchi 66RCV 180mm on it. I've been riding bike and abusing it on all jumps and drops without single service( only external cleaning). And guess what? I haven't broke or fail even once and is so plush.

Regards,
SoboL

I have a funny story about that exact fork and bike setup. buddy of mine did a drop, maybe bout 6 feet down and the lower on the bottem cracked on the bottom of the stanction(maybe a 3 inch long crack) and blew all the oil onto the rotor so he had no front brake an crashed into
a pile of bushes, LOL!!. marz warrentied it and its been good ever since
(this still does'nt mean I hate marz)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021049
Mobile Version of Website