Powered by Outside

What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
its obv tbh! when u pt loads of effort in, then the next day u find that some chav kicked them down!

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
people giving you their opinion on what should be done but nothing to help you and after they bitch and complain that it's not to their liking, jump too big, can get enough speed. If i can hit it and make it then it's good enough for me, after all it's my trail.

Or once in a blu moon, our local ripper (quinner) complaining that the same jump does not have enough landing cause he is going 3X times as fast as everybody elseFacepalm

FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:44 Quote
When you forget one essential tool and its a 20 min ride back home.
Roots!
Having a shit long walk through bushes just so you can hide your trail so dog walkers wont destroy it.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 10:13 Quote
mitchmanolescu wrote:
people that didnt dig wanna ride as soon as u finish something
SO DAMN TRUE!!!!! Madder

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
bikingbain96 wrote:
its obv tbh! when u pt loads of effort in, then the next day u find that some chav kicked them down!

So true. Me and my crew have just given up work at our trails. Too much damage, which we dont have time to repair. We are gonna find a spot though.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
people wrecking our jumps

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
people who think our trail is a waking-path and gets angry and put loggs over the trail cause they think we're riding on their paths. even though you made the trail from scratch

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
bugs are what piss me off

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
freeride5biker wrote:
But not as bad as getting ur jumps wrecked

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
freeride5biker wrote:
I'm itching now lol

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 1:05 Quote
jerome wrote:
people giving you their opinion on what should be done but nothing to help you and after they bitch and complain that it's not to their liking, jump too big, can get enough speed. If i can hit it and make it then it's good enough for me, after all it's my trail.

Or once in a blu moon, our local ripper (quinner) complaining that the same jump does not have enough landing cause he is going 3X times as fast as everybody elseFacepalm

f*cking hell! i get that to! this one guy i know complains that he cant get enough speed just peddling and he rekons that we need a roll in when everone else rekons its fine!

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
1) when you move to a new town, find dirt jumps, see that they're in bad shape, then have a bunch of 13-year-olds stand on the other side of the trails and awkwardly stare at you because either they can't believe that someone in their mid-late 20's still rides bikes, or they've never heard of the concept of someone actually "building".

2) having all the brakeless idiots wreck your berms because, instead of being really uncool and running brakes, they have to slam down on their seats and drag their feet to slow down. also, "safety casing" landings, again due to brakeless idiots.

3) fielding hundreds of asinine questions when building a new line, like... "is that a tree stand?" (referring to a ladder bridge), "so, you're going to just... like... ride off this... on that?" (referring to a ladder drop and my bike, which to their amazement has 26 inch wheels), and my personal favorite: "can you build something we can ride?"

4) returning to the trails two days later to see giant case-holes in a landing, a kicker torn down and shoddily rebuilt three feet closer to the landing, and my ladder drop turned into the new place for everyone to sit and drink their half-gallons of iced tea. the landing area is apparently their new trash pit, as well.

5) having to give up and look for new places to build, but worrying about getting thrown in jail for building on private property, getting thrown in jail for building on public property, or getting shot, run over, or having my trails ruined by quad-piloting rednecks if i build anywhere else.

welcome to pennsylvania.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:54 Quote
kerr982 wrote:
neds coming along and ruining your jumps
NEDS=non,educated,delinquints?
am i right

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 7:58 Quote
martis wrote:
1) when you move to a new town, find dirt jumps, see that they're in bad shape, then have a bunch of 13-year-olds stand on the other side of the trails and awkwardly stare at you because either they can't believe that someone in their mid-late 20's still rides bikes, or they've never heard of the concept of someone actually "building".

2) having all the brakeless idiots wreck your berms because, instead of being really uncool and running brakes, they have to slam down on their seats and drag their feet to slow down. also, "safety casing" landings, again due to brakeless idiots.

3) fielding hundreds of asinine questions when building a new line, like... "is that a tree stand?" (referring to a ladder bridge), "so, you're going to just... like... ride off this... on that?" (referring to a ladder drop and my bike, which to their amazement has 26 inch wheels), and my personal favorite: "can you build something we can ride?"

4) returning to the trails two days later to see giant case-holes in a landing, a kicker torn down and shoddily rebuilt three feet closer to the landing, and my ladder drop turned into the new place for everyone to sit and drink their half-gallons of iced tea. the landing area is apparently their new trash pit, as well.

5) having to give up and look for new places to build, but worrying about getting thrown in jail for building on private property, getting thrown in jail for building on public property, or getting shot, run over, or having my trails ruined by quad-piloting rednecks if i build anywhere else.

welcome to pennsylvania.
Dude, you need to move,life is too short to not do what you want. There are tons of place in the USA where the MTB scene is growing and builders are welcome. Hope you find your little corner of paradisePirate

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
When you forget one essential tool and its a 20 min ride back home.
Roots!
Having a shit long walk through bushes just so you can hide your trail so dog walkers wont destroy it.

1) ...try being 3 hours from home and the closest shop being an hour more down the road.

2)It's not usually dog-walkers that tear our jumps down.. it's hikers. Dog-walkers are generally nice people and usually hang around and watch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024271
Mobile Version of Website