Anyone Else In The UK Looking For More?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Anyone Else In The UK Looking For More?
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
If you lucky enough to havea mountainboard centre get your self down there. more and more are cumming around to the idea of bikers on their tracks and if the interest is there they will cater for you. places such as Out to grass in malvern do. Downhill boarder X cross that can be ridden by bikes (even though us boarders are quicker down it) with huge jumps. Also theres a huge slope style and theres a lift back up. Oh yeah theirs also a big foam pit.

www.outtograss.com theirs loads more centres out there. click click to find the closest to you

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 5:22 Quote
Please have a look at this and show it to as many people as possible:
http://wolff.pinkbike.com/blog/RamRaider.html

If you are looking for more then you will sign it and hopefully it will become a reality, if it comes through then it will be the only large scale mountain bike place in the UK and maybe with accommodation and coaching.

Cheers

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 5:25 Quote
whitetux wrote:
Is it just me or is there a severe lack of trails in the UK, i'm not saying that what we have isnt good or anything, its just you see all these videos of Canada and America and they all seem to have their own trails in there local woods, in the UK i know that just would happen thanks to the new chav/ned culture, but surely you are feeling the same way in that we need more freeride style trails and more beginner dh and freeride runs.

Sorry for the rant im just in that kind of mood Pimp

yer there is hardly any "good" trails in England i think this is mainly because there isnt any ski resorts that in the summer would want to turn there ski runs into DH/free ride trails

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 5:27 Quote
just go biuld trails in a village on the out skirts of were you loive i might b a treck but its definatlly worth it we have we gt land to use and no chave/neds and its awsome

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 5:42 Quote
When i travel places i'm always looking for land to build.

And it really pisses me off when you go somewhere, and there is just wasteland waiting to be built on!

Just go and dig, ride it until it gets knocked down, then build somewhere else.
I know it's really annoying when people knock down your jumps, but weve had it loads, so we just buildsomewhere else!

Also, UK Bike Park, in Blandford, Dorset are getting big now. There is some really extreme stuff there. Check the website out. I went yesterday, and although it was wet, it was so much fun.

www.ukbikepark.com

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
shearny wrote:
if only mountain biking was as recognised as a sport by the government as skateboarding and bmxing is....

then we would have loads of dedicated maintaind trails
Shamefully i used to be into skateboarding n the goveernment does not treat you like an athlete at all.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
fenboy wrote:
If you lucky enough to havea mountainboard centre get your self down there. more and more are cumming around to the idea of bikers on their tracks and if the interest is there they will cater for you. places such as Out to grass in malvern do. Downhill boarder X cross that can be ridden by bikes (even though us boarders are quicker down it) with huge jumps. Also theres a huge slope style and theres a lift back up. Oh yeah theirs also a big foam pit.

www.outtograss.com theirs loads more centres out there. click click to find the closest to you

I used to be sponsored by out to grass, n its all true, especially the part about us mountainboarders bein faster than any of the guys there on bikes(not sayin that io dont love bikeing though). sadly the foam pit there which really was somethind spectacular is no longer running.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020843
Mobile Version of Website