Powered by Outside

Seven Springs - new features and new trail.

PB Forum :: USA - East
Seven Springs - new features and new trail.
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
I'll tell for $9. But seriously they look awesome, although I'm disappointed you guys didn't go with the single crown bike, I fell in love just riding the lift next to it.

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
martis wrote:

oh, and ray's is insane. it's worth any drive, i don't care if you live ten hours away.

I would go to rays for the pump track by itself.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
bigkat273 wrote:
I'll tell for $9. But seriously they look awesome, although I'm disappointed you guys didn't go with the single crown bike, I fell in love just riding the lift next to it.

i rode the single crown bike, and personally... i hated it. way too much of a cross-country geometry... i felt like i was hunched over the bars the whole time. it's more of an all-mountain bike, definitely not something you want to stick underneath someone who doesn't care about what happens to the bike on a fast run down frankenstein...

the "big" bike, however... it jumps like a champ, corners well, pedals even better, has zero brake jack, and inspires tons of confidence in the steeps. i got the first ride on our demo, and was instantly floored by how much it affected my riding in a positive way. let's just say they've made some big leaps forward in design.

based on the opinions of myself, the rest of the park crew, the director, and our mechanic, we elected to go with the big bikes.

i'm actually considering purchasing one at the beginning of next season, but we'll see what my money situation looks like.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 19:28 Quote
bigkat273 wrote:
martis wrote:

oh, and ray's is insane. it's worth any drive, i don't care if you live ten hours away.

I would go to rays for the pump track by itself.

the pump track is where we began and ended our day... WOW is it good. by the end, though, we were only making one lap at a time, and had to take 2 minute breaks between each one... heh. that place will WORK you.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
I completely agree, for the rental fleet the big bikes were definately the way to go, I just hoped I'd be able to try out the single next season. Big Grin

I have actually been considering one of the older versions of the new big bike but set up with a single. That or one of the Yeti 303R-DH's. (It sucks to be poor.)

Last time at Rays, all the laps on the pump track gave me a wicked charlie horse in my quad. I had to limp over to the picnic tables. So worth the pain though.

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
rays reminds me of a karate dojo for mountain bikers. If you rode there like 3 times a week you would be cut from wood and an absolute animal on trails imo.

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
Yo Martis the Chicago Crew is going on the 21st weekend, you guys should meet up.

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
martis let me know if your going again ill be down for a trip

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
banshee62 wrote:
martis let me know if your going again ill be down for a trip

i'm thinking right around the beginning of december. all this chaos with buying the house and moving needs to die down. every spare moment is spent packing right now, and i'll need to spend a few days decompressing once i get moved in.

decompressing = drinking lots of IC Light, for the record.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
hellco wrote:
Yo Martis the Chicago Crew is going on the 21st weekend, you guys should meet up.

worst weekend ever for me... ha. i'm going to philly to see cave in on the 20th, then driving with no sleep back to seven springs to (most likely) work the rome premature jibulation rail jam early on the morning of the 21st.

for the record, if you like awesome music, dinosaur jr. is playing the grog shop in cleveland on the 20th. best band i've ever seen live, next to cave in. and cave in just reunited, who knows how long until they go on hiatus again.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 1:04 Quote
season passes are on sale now for the 2010 season... $189 is a steal for a pass. buying one of them sends a really positive message to upper management, and will help point the future of our park in a great direction. remember: more customers = more revenue = more trails. at the beginning of 2009, the bike park wasn't showing much promise, and it's no coincidence that we got clearance to build towards the end of the season due to the steady increase of riders. this season is definitely a really promising one, much more so if people are showing interest months before we even open.

from the website: Bike park passes for the 2010 season are now on sale! Buy them before March 28, 2010, and it's only $189! The price goes up to $229 March 29 - May 2, 2010. After May 2, they go up to $249, so now is the time to buy!

once we start to see signs of spring (i.e. no more foot-deep snowfalls and below-zero temperatures) things can get rolling for the bike park once again. i'm only one person up there, but i really want to make sure the trails are in great condition for opening day, and will be doing everything possible to try and implement some of our new trail/feature ideas as soon as the weather breaks.

personally, i'd love to have no gap in my work schedule. as soon as i'm not needed in the terrain parks, the next day switch over and start prepping the bike park... but that's not up to me. time will tell.

for now, come visit our terrain parks, go huge in the superpipe, and dust off the bike for some ray's action when time permits!

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 16:20 Quote
wall ride please sir... I can't wait for the new season. Don't get me wrong I love to ski, but I think that someone famous said this once; " I am a mountain biker that likes to ski, not a skier that likes to mountain bike" I think that person also said, "f*ck I am so drunk right now, wait why are you puking on my floor", oooh and another one " I just blew up my GTI, I am getting a Subaru now" in addition to spring I can't wait for our little fun project too.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 6:53 Quote
has seven springs thought about doing a mt bike race in the snow on one of the runs w/ ski gates? once the snow is soft this spring? i'm sure that would 1- bring people in and 2- get us all ampt for the season.... which of course is more important!

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 8:29 Quote
They do have a snow race every year, and it does nothing to amp anyone up, nor does it draw a crowd. They use only the bunny slope, and it sucks. I am not saying that things wouldn't be different this year, hell look at how well the bike park turned around. Now on another note, Blue Knobs DH races were great back in the day, the snow race that they had a couple years was by far the best. On another note, you do NOT want to race on soft snow, at absolutely sucks, you want hard packed corduroy, otherwise you sink right in, and have no acceleration.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
if i remember correctly i have won both the blue knob and springs races

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.641687
Mobile Version of Website