Powered by Outside

General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
Cwmcarnage wrote:
okay, cheers for the advice man, any other guidance from fellow 66 owners would be really I.

I have a 66cv from 08 aswell and I'm 145 lbs and I run 0 psi and hard springs and my compression fully open but when I'm just bouncig arond on the street it feels okay but during a run like say at silvrrstar they feel great, but you realy just have to play around with it to find what's right for you

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 1:02 Quote
Channelmanz wrote:
Cwmcarnage wrote:
okay, cheers for the advice man, any other guidance from fellow 66 owners would be really I.

I have a 66cv from 08 aswell and I'm 145 lbs and I run 0 psi and hard springs and my compression fully open but when I'm just bouncig arond on the street it feels okay but during a run like say at silvrrstar they feel great, but you realy just have to play around with it to find what's right for you

thanks dude, i have found lately that running the rebound pretty fast makes it feel much better

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 2:11 Quote
ok i need to figure out rear shock sizing for a 100mm travel slopestyle/short travel freeride rig. im thinking something like a 6 x 1.5 but im not sure if an rp23 will hold up for some freeriding. so what would be the best option?

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 2:23 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
ok i need to figure out rear shock sizing for a 100mm travel slopestyle/short travel freeride rig. im thinking something like a 6 x 1.5 but im not sure if an rp23 will hold up for some freeriding. so what would be the best option?

i ran an rp23 and a roco for freeride, jumping a dh on my ss bike. i blew up the roco, and it never felt as nice as the fox. cam mcaul and paul basagoitia all run fox floats un hooooge ss courses so us mere mortals should have no problems. the float feels a million miles better than a dhx air too

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 2:34 Quote
ok thanks for that. and will even a float r be nice and plush?

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 8:09 Quote
i was running a float r, cost me 40.0 on ebay, factory set medium propedal. felt the sex. nicer than ealmost every other shock i have ever used. ( have also ridden one nice fox coil, but a fair few dodgy fox coils. the float beats them hands down)

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
ok then im saving the pennies for one. thanks for the help

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 at 23:57 Quote
Does anyone know how much travel the Marzocchi Super T has? I think the Junior T has 170mm and the Monster T has 12" but I'm not sure of the Super T.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 1:21 Quote
whats better for dh, a marz 55r 2008 or a 2006 marz super t?

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 1:21 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
Does anyone know how much travel the Marzocchi Super T has? I think the Junior T has 170mm and the Monster T has 12" but I'm not sure of the Super T.

monster t has 8 inches/200mm and the super monster t has 12 inches/300mm
do you mean the super t, as in smaller triplecrown, or supermonster?

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 2:41 Quote
Cwmcarnage wrote:
I really need help on this one; i'm having rebound problems on my 08 66RCV, on the "carpark test" they feel great with fairly quick rebound but not feeling like they could ever top out, but as soon as i'm maybe 50-100m into the DH run, they start feeling like they're topping out really violently but only over small bumps, (landing from big hits they feel great), is it an air pressure problem and if so could you all share your air pressures in both valves and how fast you set your rebound.
Any inout would be really appreciated, cheers

might be adding my 2c a bit late, but to me it sounds like a lack of oil in rebound system.
also i had the same problem with my 36 talas, turned out to be the air spring which they replaced. i had no idea how the 2 where related tho... its all good now

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
Cwmcarnage wrote:
I really need help on this one; i'm having rebound problems on my 08 66RCV, on the "carpark test" they feel great with fairly quick rebound but not feeling like they could ever top out, but as soon as i'm maybe 50-100m into the DH run, they start feeling like they're topping out really violently but only over small bumps, (landing from big hits they feel great), is it an air pressure problem and if so could you all share your air pressures in both valves and how fast you set your rebound.
Any inout would be really appreciated, cheers

might be adding my 2c a bit late, but to me it sounds like a lack of oil in rebound system.
also i had the same problem with my 36 talas, turned out to be the air spring which
they replaced. i had no idea how the 2 where related tho... its all good now

it was actually the rebound set too slow, every time i encountered stutter bumps, it seemed to give the effect of topping out, i really don't know why though. i found just turning up the rebound solved all my problems.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 18:17 Quote
???
too slow and then you turned it up more? or do you mean 'turned up' the rebound speed by turning the rebound dampening down so its faster?
lol
i think i know what you mean....
yeah you want that rebound fast but if you feel like its topping out i can see why you would keep turning it up and only make things worse.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 21:20 Quote
chazdog wrote:
woody-dh wrote:

monster t has 8 inches/200mm and the super monster t has 12 inches/300mm
do you mean the super t, as in smaller triplecrown, or supermonster?

photo

This one.

It's on my '06 Atomik so I'm guessing it's an '06 fork.

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 18:27 Quote
Hey everyone, just got a quick question to ask. Will a marzocchi ti coil fit on a fox rc4 shock? Like will it clear everything fine

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041854
Mobile Version of Website