Home Made Bikes

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 14:54 Quote
Ah right that all makes sense now. Cheers for clearing that one up arnoodles Smile

Haha Nice to know my big rants were for nothing then... ;s

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 20:39 Quote
I like big rants and I cannot lie
Those other bikers cant deny
When your botttom bracket is too high
Pick another wheel size....

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 21:04 Quote
Hola
just complete frame.
cromo double butted
headtube and pivot 44 press cups.
best regards from Peru
thanks

photo

photo

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 1:29 Quote
raw finish looks great

liking the gussets in particular

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 1:29 Quote
marinobike wrote:
Hola
just complete frame.
cromo double butted
headtube and pivot 44 press cups.
best regards from Peru
thanks

photo

photo

Looks ace man! Huge fan of the simplicity of a single pivot and your gussets look mint!

Did you use a 44mm headtube and headset, paired with a 1 1/8" steerer and starnut/topcap as pivot bearing and axle?

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 14:50 Quote
[Quote="JimmyGrand"]
marinobike wrote:

Looks ace man! Huge fan of the simplicity of a single pivot and your gussets look mint!

Did you use a 44mm headtube and headset, paired with a 1 1/8" steerer and starnut/topcap as pivot bearing and axle?

Hola,
now need take more pictures, one with a 1 1/8" steerer and starnut/topcap only one side, other site its hollow.

photo

gussets DH version
photo

more pictures in my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/marinobike/

thanks

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 19:36 Quote
oh man this looks killer....

photo

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 19:56 Quote
Awesome work man. Nice welds!

[Quote="marinobike"]
JimmyGrand wrote:
marinobike wrote:

Hola,
now need take more pictures, one with a 1 1/8" steerer and starnut/topcap only one side, other site its hollow.

photo

gussets DH version
photo

more pictures in my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/marinobike/

thanks

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 22:10 Quote
Good work and thanks for sharing i'm also wandering how to make house made bikes it really help me a lot.

http://www.worldbusinesspages.com

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 4:19 Quote
its been a while lads...

but god damn what a monster this thing is. i've been kinda busy building that handbike prototype for a company here in perth, so havnt had much time to put into my latest labour of love. but i finished the handbike last weeked, so spent the last two days pretty much dawn to dusk finishing off this thing! Smile

i still have to do the floating brake, but other than that its complete, mechanically.

to call this build complex is rather an understatement...i like a challenge, but seriously this one was pushing it a bit.

descendence 12kw mid-drive ebike prototype decendencebikes
descendence 12kw mid-drive ebike prototype decendencebikes

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 4:51 Quote
That is awesome!

Are you doing work with flying machine? They make some nice stuff

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 9:48 Quote
awesome work ^^^

behemoth!

thats a lot of work

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 8:18 Quote
That thing is looking pretty incredible!

Also mine is starting to take shape, but the hand filing continues.
photo

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 16:16 Quote
laynehip wrote:
That thing is looking pretty incredible!

Also mine is starting to take shape, but the hand filing continues.
photo

wowzer...i thought when i saw your CAD that you were gonna make this thing from ali (or at least that front triangle).

how much is this beast gonna weigh? but im guessing that weight really probably isnt high on the priorities list for this monster haha Smile

one thing is for sure...you could ride it every day from now till you die, and that triangle will never, ever break. but for all its lack of subtlety, i like the simplicity of the front triangle. in a kind of industrial way, its all business.

edit* i just did a little pic-stalking in your profil, and im just wondering why the big bolt-on plate looking addition for the main pivot for the swingarm? surely it'd be simpler/stronger just to weld on a smaller steel pivot mount bit?

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 12:12 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
wowzer...i thought when i saw your CAD that you were gonna make this thing from ali (or at least that front triangle).

how much is this beast gonna weigh? but im guessing that weight really probably isnt high on the priorities list for this monster haha Smile

one thing is for sure...you could ride it every day from now till you die, and that triangle will never, ever break. but for all its lack of subtlety, i like the simplicity of the front triangle. in a kind of industrial way, its all business.

edit* i just did a little pic-stalking in your profil, and im just wondering why the big bolt-on plate looking addition for the main pivot for the swingarm? surely it'd be simpler/stronger just to weld on a smaller steel pivot mount bit?

It is going to be insanely heavy. The steel tubing for the front triangle is over 2mm thick and the for the rear it is even thicker. It's probably going to be 100 pounds after the bike is all together. The weight doesn't really concern me too much, it is my first bike build so I am really just looking to learn how to build a bike at this point and not too concerned about its ultimate ridability.

I have no logical defense for why I chose to do the bolt-on plates. As I was designing it I thought it would look crazy so I went with it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030510
Mobile Version of Website