The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 10:02 Quote
kona-n wrote:
thank you all for advices

only reason I would go for narrower tyre is because it is also lighter, so I think I will go for vittoria tattoo light (wide and lightweight)

my first choice would be maxxis dth, but it is more expensive
I would go for it only if it would last longer than tattoo light, so has someone already ridden the both?

p.s. I could also get for really cheap Schwalbe table tops (I have them already and they are ok, but they don't last long tho) but I moved and I am not riding dirt anymore, so that's why I wanted to get some more park-specific tyre

the Tattoo Lite looks like a really nice tire. as far as the weight goes it really depends on your riding style. if you are going big and fast the lighter tire will feel more responsive but at the same time wont be as stable for use with lower PSI. If you are doing more tech low speed stuff a tire with a beefier side wall will offer that stability at lower pressure.

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
Gotta say the best thing I've ever seen is a stolen bike coming back to me with fox 32 seals in a rct... hoping the seals are as far as the c*nt went, but at least I got my baby back!

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 16:35 Quote
SKF seals for foxes work super well in 32mm rs chassis.

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 3:00 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
SKF seals for foxes work super well in 32mm rs chassis.
no idea what skf means, but whatever the f*ck he used they did not work well and had like a 3mm gap between seal and the lowers

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 3:06 Quote
Skf is a brand lol . Try using this thing called Google some time.

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 3:46 Quote
Bthe paintjob is a thing of youtrs tho?

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 5:54 Quote
Henry, are you sure you actually got your own bike back?
I would have been so happy to get back *anything* when mine got nicked - you're very lucky anyway...

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 20:47 Quote
JS henry ive put fox32 SFK seals in 2 different RCT's now.. they work fine.

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 3:56 Quote
Hey everyone! So I would like to either buy or build a dirt jumper but I don't know what size frame to get. I'm 5'7" and about 200 lbs (91kg). I don't mind spending the money but would like to stay on the cheaper end of things. Any advice/tips will help. Thank you!!

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 9:10 Quote
indiana2010 wrote:
Hey everyone! So I would like to either buy or build a dirt jumper but I don't know what size frame to get. I'm 5'7" and about 200 lbs (91kg). I don't mind spending the money but would like to stay on the cheaper end of things. Any advice/tips will help. Thank you!!

Same height, I usually don't like anything longer than 420 reach, so I'd recommend avoiding P3s and aiming for something like an NS Suburban Park.

I would also avoid used if you don't mind spending the money- too much stuff out here that is well into its usable lifespan, especially if you go aluminum.

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 9:14 Quote
On the other hand if you're trying to save money picking up a used bike is best bang for buck compared to a complete brand new.

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
indiana2010 wrote:

Same height, I usually don't like anything longer than 420 reach, so I'd recommend avoiding P3s and aiming for something like an NS Suburban Park.

I would also avoid used if you don't mind spending the money- too much stuff out here that is well into its usable lifespan, especially if you go aluminum.

First thing would be deciding if you want to buy a complete or build one up yourself.
Then whether you're willing to buy second hand or not.
Then whether you prefer alu or steel frames.
Then the wheel size, although pretty sure you'll want 26" - but who knows, you might prefer 24".

Decisions, decisions... Smile

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 6:54 Quote
Looking for opinions on a Norco 250 vs a Streetsweeper for pump tracks, street and getting back into some jumps. It's been a long time since I've ridden DJ in earnest but I used to ride a lot of street. Looking for versatility...

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 7:23 Quote
If you can find a Streetsweeper, get one. Best geo. Everything involving hops or manuals requires no effort at all.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 7:28 Quote
crs-one wrote:
If you can find a Streetsweeper, get one. Best geo. Everything involving hops or manuals requires no effort at all.
That's the way I was leaning, I'm looking at 2 used bikes and the SS is a bit nicer of a build but also a little pricier...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050810
Mobile Version of Website