Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Any of you Canadians know where I could grab a SRAM 12spd chain online?

Have you tried November?

I keed I keed

https://www.ridleys.com/product/sram-nx-eagle-chain-353319-1.htm

Don't dilly dally.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:

i mighta joked with leroy but now it feels like the jokes on us. i think i might enjoy freedom too much to remain canadian.
Wow... this shit is really so far out of hand and way too many of the sheep are totally OK with it.

Douggie F lookin' like a Reservoir Dog

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 18:53 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:

i mighta joked with leroy but now it feels like the jokes on us. i think i might enjoy freedom too much to remain canadian.
Wow... this shit is really so far out of hand and way too many of the sheep are totally OK with it.

Douggie F lookin' like a Reservoir Dog

or a fat blues brother because hes such a f*cking joke.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 18:57 Quote
Thanks Fellas...

BBLB i searched on Amazon.ca as that's where I have an account. For a couple years I kept an Amazon.com account too, but let it go when it didn't look like we'd be in the US anytime soon. Frown

I jumped on that huss tup We'll see when/if it shows up. After I paid they said the standard... expect delays due to covid.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
Thanks Fellas...

BBLB i searched on Amazon.ca as that's where I have an account. For a couple years I kept an Amazon.com account too, but let it go when it didn't look like we'd be in the US anytime soon. Frown

I jumped on that huss tup We'll see when/if it shows up. After I paid they said the standard... expect delays due to covid.

I find those guys are pretty good at online stock numbers, you should be good!

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 22:11 Quote
Thanks Fellas...

I was about to suggest https://bicicletta.cc/collections/sale, I just ordered a couple tires and some pedals from them, they seemed to have a fair amount of stuff left in stock. Maybe it depends on what you're looking for though. It's a local shop in Vancouver. Seems a little pricey, but these days you pretty much gotta take what you can get.

Went to pick up that stuff today. Parked on the rooftop of where the old original MEC was on Broadway (in Vancouver). Had to step around some used needles and garbage laying on the ground. Yay Vancouver! Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 22:17 Quote
Yeah the whole west coast is one big shooting gallery. Arizona sure is nice and clean. Crazy clean.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Yeah the whole west coast is one big shooting gallery. Arizona sure is nice and clean. Crazy clean.

Until you drop the secret stool bus hatch! LOL lol

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
Yup . We're locked down. Almost. Kinda sorta.

Fn joke.

Can still go out to exercise. Ride bikes and hunt fish.

Unlikely any local cop here would pull anyone over. Pretty sure they don't want the hassle either.

As far as the " sheep " agreeing with the rules:
Not many do. But as Canadians we follow along like good little Canucks. When you don't and say have a rally against the loxkdowns you end up in the media and fined.

If I had a business that was affected then maybe I'd be more vocal but my life really hasn't changed pretty much at all. Masks. That's it. Can't go in to CTC or walmart to get fishing or hunting stuff. Home repair stuff is curb side same day if ordered in am......so really no biggie.

Our Canadian government are ostriches with their heads in the sands. Should have dome this long ago and been able to make our own vaccines for what ever the "plandemic" is.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
Man that sucks, it’s beyond belief for such a huuuuge place

Nice motors gents, good to hear such passion from Adam!!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Oh buddy ... hatch dropped lol

Our first BLM entrance was classic! I can laugh now... we pulled out to this spot we scoped two days ago in a rental car. Mandi had a strange set of hand signals in the rental. I give her a thumbs up and wave her into the spot....she keeps going down the road in the rental... but I need her to guide me in...

Shes up the road just sitting there, and a semi is barreling towards me, so I go in with a blind side. Turning into the spot is tight, and the grey water tank dump valve drags and pops off.... probably 30 gallons of sink stink blows out all over the site.... I am a bit upset. I tell the kids to wait in the bus, and walk down the road to go see what she is doing. She is high centered in quite possibly the most easily avoidable lump ever... Facepalm I am able to push her off and we go back to the bus. Leo jumps out of the bus and immediately rolls in the sink stink.... gavins crying cause he thinks the bus is broken.... Proceed to wash the dog with a jug of water and dog soap....

Get everything fixed and put back in place.... ha! So rad.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Oh buddy ... hatch dropped lol

Our first BLM entrance was classic! I can laugh now... we pulled out to this spot we scoped two days ago in a rental car. Mandi had a strange set of hand signals in the rental. I give her a thumbs up and wave her into the spot....she keeps going down the road in the rental... but I need her to guide me in...

Shes up the road just sitting there, and a semi is barreling towards me, so I go in with a blind side. Turning into the spot is tight, and the grey water tank dump valve drags and pops off.... probably 30 gallons of sink stink blows out all over the site.... I am a bit upset. I tell the kids to wait in the bus, and walk down the road to go see what she is doing. She is high centered in quite possibly the most easily avoidable lump ever... Facepalm I am able to push her off and we go back to the bus. Leo jumps out of the bus and immediately rolls in the sink stink.... gavins crying cause he thinks the bus is broken.... Proceed to wash the dog with a jug of water and dog soap....

Get everything fixed and put back in place.... ha! So rad.

Ah yes, it's the compilation of these moments over a lifetime that make living worthwhile! Perfectly imperfect. Cool

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
I think it's all awesome Sterling. Without too much suffering, your kids are learning that the basics are not to be taken for granted. We need to think about getting food. We need to think about getting a place to sleep. You don't need to think about next year, but you do need to have your shit organized to get to the next day and beyond. Really good lessons.

And at a time when the kids are sponges to learn.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I think it's all awesome Sterling. Without too much suffering, your kids are learning that the basics are not to be taken for granted. We need to think about getting food. We need to think about getting a place to sleep. You don't need to think about next year, but you do need to have your shit organized to get to the next day and beyond. Really good lessons.

^this

I soaked up a lot as a kid not even realizing it... and then I got caught up in a career and expensive coffees ignoring all those actual life skills I had learned... being back to the basics, and trying to be aware, resourceful, and self reliant again has been really eye opening... I’m still an idiot by all metrics... but it’s nice to be learning how to live again.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 12:59 Quote
leverfingers wrote:

^this

I soaked up a lot as a kid not even realizing it... and then I got caught up in a career and expensive coffees ignoring all those actual life skills I had learned... being back to the basics, and trying to be aware, resourceful, and self reliant again has been really eye opening... I’m still an idiot by all metrics... but it’s nice to be learning how to live again.

Timely reminders are often priceless. Love getting lessons through circumstance. You ought not berate yourself, we know what kind of guy you are bro

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044678
Mobile Version of Website