PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome
Posted: Sep 22, 2016 at 4:09 Quote
I am a sucker for mondrakers but they are SO DAMN SLACK

Posted: Sep 23, 2016 at 3:36 Quote
A better pic of the black and gold:
photo

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 12:49 Quote
I have this setup so far. I'm trying to figure out what color of hoops to get. So far the choices I like are the Black WTB Frequency i25; the Spank Trail 295 in Silver; Dartmoor Shield in Violet or Miami Vice(Red Devil is too dark for the NS Clash frame)-And I don't want red hoops via mail order because of color match issue and unwanted item return times. All these hoops have a few things in common, but the most important aspect of these rims is the offset spoke holes.

I'm leaning to either black Frequencies or Violet Shield. Miami Vice wont be around til middle of January, and I'm not so sure the Miami Vice will look that great with the red frame, and I've had zero luck finding a Yellow hoop with offset spokes and an inside bead width of 24.5mm to 26mm.

Other then what I've listed, do you guys have any recommendations for contrasting hoops with offset spokes in 26, no larger than 26mm inside width"?

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 13:32 Quote
XCMark wrote:
I have this setup so far. I'm trying to figure out what color of hoops to get. So far the choices I like are the Black WTB Frequency i25; the Spank Trail 295 in Silver; Dartmoor Shield in Violet or Miami Vice(Red Devil is too dark for the NS Clash frame)-And I don't want red hoops via mail order because of color match issue and unwanted item return times. All these hoops have a few things in common, but the most important aspect of these rims is the offset spoke holes.

I'm leaning to either black Frequencies or Violet Shield. Miami Vice wont be around til middle of January, and I'm not so sure the Miami Vice will look that great with the red frame, and I've had zero luck finding a Yellow hoop with offset spokes and an inside bead width of 24.5mm to 26mm.

Other then what I've listed, do you guys have any recommendations for contrasting hoops with offset spokes in 26, no larger than 26mm inside width"?

Black rims. Colored rims look cheap.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 13:43 Quote
seraph wrote:
Black rims. Colored rims look cheap.

I need some contrast in the wheels! Do you know of a company that distributes excellent straight gauge colored spokes?

Edit: How are Soma spokes?

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 13:53 Quote
I'm with seraph dude.

Coloured hubs are where it's at

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 14:06 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
I'm with seraph dude.

I'll be able to use either red or black hubs, or I could send the red Hope back for another color. The only contrasting or complimenting hub color I'd think would look good is a deep purple or kashmoney(which there are none) to match the bars and fork. Unless I match the hubs to the blue on the fork dials, of which, I don't like the idea of matching blue and red together unless the frame is blue... And, I'm more of a fan of Bizzaro! -Dark Blue and/or Purple.

I'm in no way trying to make this a Marvel character themed bike, however, Magneto wears red and purple.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 14:25 Quote
Mah bike
The old bike, reign advanced getting put together right now.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 15:21 Quote
XCMark wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
I'm with seraph dude.

I'll be able to use either red or black hubs, or I could send the red Hope back for another color. The only contrasting or complimenting hub color I'd think would look good is a deep purple or kashmoney(which there are none) to match the bars and fork. Unless I match the hubs to the blue on the fork dials, of which, I don't like the idea of matching blue and red together unless the frame is blue... And, I'm more of a fan of Bizzaro! -Dark Blue and/or Purple.

I'm in no way trying to make this a Marvel character themed bike, however, Magneto wears red and purple.

Color match the hubs and nipples. Keep the spokes and rims black. Trust me. Colored rims and spokes look hella cheap.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 15:37 Quote
seraph wrote:
Color match the hubs and nipples. Keep the spokes and rims black. Trust me. Colored rims and spokes look hella cheap.
I could trade the red rear Hope for the Purple one, or trade it for a Dartmoor Revolt Pro in Petrol Chrome and go with purple nips. Though, think I'm more inclined to the trade for the purple hope. However, I already have the red hope 4 evo, so I'd only have to get the rim, spokes and red nips. Which would make two wheel sets of black wheels with red nips.

Current rear wheel is black hubs, black spokes, black rims and red nips. Front is red hub, black spokes, black rims and red nips.

Hmm, I guess staying with the current color scheme means that if I fail a wheel, my other wheels are transferable, and match... [?]

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 16:38 Quote
XCMark wrote:
seraph wrote:
I could trade the red rear Hope for the Purple one, or trade it for a Dartmoor Revolt Pro in Petrol Chrome and go with purple nips. Though, think I'm more inclined to the trade for the purple hope. However, I already have the red hope 4 evo, so I'd only have to get the rim, spokes and red nips. Which would make two wheel sets of black wheels with red nips.

Current rear wheel is black hubs, black spokes, black rims and red nips. Front is red hub, black spokes, black rims and red nips.

Hmm, I guess staying with the current color scheme means that if I fail a wheel, my other wheels are transferable, and match... [?]

I did black hubs/rims/spokes and orange nipples on my Gulf bike and I really like how it turned out. But I have matched hubs and nipples in the past and it looks really good.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
Colored rims can look great, if done right. Don't rule it out.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 19:21 Quote
BSal wrote:
Colored rims can look great, if done right. Don't rule it out.

This claim needs examples.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 19:52 Quote
Color matched hubs/nipples is the way to go. Or black hubs/spokes/nipples and colored rims could look good if it fit the rest of the build.

My newest wheelset will be black/black/black/black though lol Hoping to get them built this weekend.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 20:15 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Color matched hubs/nipples is the way to go. Or black hubs/spokes/nipples and colored rims could look good if it fit the rest of the build.

My newest wheelset will be black/black/black/black though lol Hoping to get them built this weekend.

I just built a wheelset for a customer with black carbon rims, black DT hubs, black spokes, and all but two black nipples. The two around the valve I used gold alloy, for a little flair.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016135
Mobile Version of Website