Powered by Outside

Ottawa area

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Ottawa area
Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 10:00 Quote
Bragelonne wrote:

Tu fais pas du DH à Bromont toi ? Fait une journée à Camp Fortune et l'autre à MSM. Fortune est directement sur le chemin de MSM et les trails de DH sont un must. Tu vas en avoir pour ton argent.

Je te suggère de t'organiser de-meme: part le samedi matin et enligne toi pour arriver à Camp Fortune à 11 heure. Le chairlift de Fortune est ouvert de 11 à 5. Tu vas boire et manger après au Pub Chelsea le samedi soir. Y'ont de la meilleure bière qu'au Brouemont. Monte à MSM le soir meme car tu peux camper gratuitement au pied du chairlift pendant les weekends où le chairlift tourne. Tu rides MSM le dimanche, tu retournes à Saint-Jerome par la belle 50 le dimanche soir.

Si tu fais ça je te garantis que ton weekend va valloir la 5 heures de char allez-retour.

Hey, oui! Bromont pas mal tous les weenends! Mais je ride genre 5-6 pistes là-bas et j'aime la diversité : j'ai été à Kilington Fab et WhiteFace, mais là j'ai plutôt l'goût de rider d'la Canadian Dirt!

Merci pour les tips. Was my original plan Fortune + MSM, mais je savais pas pour le Pub et le camping. Will do that for sure.

Subsidiary question : are the chairs detachable (clutch/DoppelMayr)? How many laps are possible in one day (if riding non-stop)?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 12:26 Quote
Mountain-Dalek wrote:
Bragelonne wrote:

Tu fais pas du DH à Bromont toi ? Fait une journée à Camp Fortune et l'autre à MSM. Fortune est directement sur le chemin de MSM et les trails de DH sont un must. Tu vas en avoir pour ton argent.

Je te suggère de t'organiser de-meme: part le samedi matin et enligne toi pour arriver à Camp Fortune à 11 heure. Le chairlift de Fortune est ouvert de 11 à 5. Tu vas boire et manger après au Pub Chelsea le samedi soir. Y'ont de la meilleure bière qu'au Brouemont. Monte à MSM le soir meme car tu peux camper gratuitement au pied du chairlift pendant les weekends où le chairlift tourne. Tu rides MSM le dimanche, tu retournes à Saint-Jerome par la belle 50 le dimanche soir.

Si tu fais ça je te garantis que ton weekend va valloir la 5 heures de char allez-retour.

Hey, oui! Bromont pas mal tous les weenends! Mais je ride genre 5-6 pistes là-bas et j'aime la diversité : j'ai été à Kilington Fab et WhiteFace, mais là j'ai plutôt l'goût de rider d'la Canadian Dirt!

Merci pour les tips. Was my original plan Fortune + MSM, mais je savais pas pour le Pub et le camping. Will do that for sure.

Subsidiary question : are the chairs detachable (clutch/DoppelMayr)? How many laps are possible in one day (if riding non-stop)?

Thanks!

The Fortune chair is a slow, fixed-grip. Lots of laps in a day when it is running. MSM is a detachable quad, but the trails are not really oriented right below it. If the chair is NOT running at MSM, then anything more than 2 laps/day is a lot of climbing.

Growler, Detour and Lug-Tread are awesome fun flow trails.

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
Hi,
any store that carries Garneau bikes in Ottawa-Gatineau? I'm in Westboro.

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 12:42 Quote
Kober wrote:
Hi,
any store that carries Garneau bikes in Ottawa-Gatineau? I'm in Westboro.

I don't know about bikes, but plenty of shops around here carry Garneau, see the Find A Dealer section of their website.... Give the shops a call/email to see if they stock their bikes or can order one in....

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 12:59 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
I don't know about bikes, but plenty of shops around here carry Garneau, see the Find A Dealer section of their website.... Give the shops a call/email to see if they stock their bikes or can order one in....
Yeah, I tried their locator, which returns over a dozen stores in the area, and there are tonns of Garneu apparel in the local stores, but I'm trying to get Gros Louis 2, and I'm in between M and L size, thus I cannot order without fitting the bike.

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 14:03 Quote
Call all of the shops and see if any of them have it in stock? Seems like a bit of a stretch though.

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 19:53 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
Call all of the shops and see if any of them have it in stock? Seems like a bit of a stretch though.

I called Garneau and they pointed me to Pecco's, so I went and snatched one Smile

P.S. Anybody with a recent experience of Gatineau Park snow-bikinig trails #70-71-72?

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 7:37 Quote
spring needs to hurry the F up and get here already!

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
bwhiting wrote:
spring needs to hurry the F up and get here already!

Learn to ski or snowboard.

Ski + MTB = all year riding.

Posted: May 4, 2017 at 8:06 Quote
Any trails in the area where summer riding on a (rigid) fat bike would make any sense? Note, I don't have a non-fat MTB.

Last winter, I rode at SMH, 60s/70s in the Parc and on SJAM along the river and it was a lot of fun.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2017 at 8:16 Quote
Kober wrote:
Any trails in the area where summer riding on a (rigid) fat bike would make any sense? Note, I don't have a non-fat MTB.

Last winter, I rode at SMH, 60s/70s in the Parc and on SJAM along the river and it was a lot of fun.

Limerick Trails might be good - flattish, but bermy and occasionally sandy where a fat bike might make good sense.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2017 at 19:44 Quote
Bruce pit area is also not bad, it has some flowy stuff, nothing too jarring and some sandy areas as well. Overall it's fairly flat but there are some ups and downs, especially on the less traveled trails on the bruce pit side. There's a bunch of trails in there between huntclub and bells corners on both sides of cedarview/ the 416.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2017 at 13:48 Quote
[Quote]Limerick Trails might be good - flattish, but bermy and occasionally sandy where a fat bike might make good sense.[/Quote]

Can confirm: Limerick is a blast on a fatbike. The big tires rail the corners and don't lose traction in the sand. No crazy sustained climbs.

Might want to try Mississippi Valley Trails too, near Almonte. Some nice flowy benchcut and some more technical stuff that is very doable on a fatbike. No crazy sustained climbs either.

There is a small trail network in Forest Valley in Orleans that is very flowy and rolly with few rocks or roots and would probably be a lot of fun on a fatbike, but it's all clay and is greasy as hell when wet. Needs a lot of time to dry out after a rain, especially after this spring we've had so far. There is another similar, small trail network almost directly north of Forest Valley, along the Ottawa River. A good portion of it is probably under water at the moment, but should be fun on a fatbike come June.

Cheers.

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 8:51 Quote
I assume that by Limerick, you mean its Forsyth section. On trailforks, however, I could only find the parking at Forsyth North, which I assume is the main mtb riding area. Are any of the trails worth a recommendation?

Forsyth North map
Forsyth South map

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 16:57 Quote
Hey guys,

Looking for a place to have a sticker kit made up for a Fox fork, anyone know a place around Ottawa ?

Thank you

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016783
Mobile Version of Website