Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
Hey guys, Had my 2014 spetral 7.0 for a year now. Im thinking it probably needs a service. Does anyone know where i can buy all the bearings/bushes and stuff for it? also i think the headset may be going as when i steer left or right it feels a bit rough now? im not the best at bike knowledge but id like to buy the stuff i need first to save me some money!

any help is appreciated!

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 5:24 Quote
MattyPugh wrote:
Hey guys, Had my 2014 spetral 7.0 for a year now. Im thinking it probably needs a service. Does anyone know where i can buy all the bearings/bushes and stuff for it? also i think the headset may be going as when i steer left or right it feels a bit rough now? im not the best at bike knowledge but id like to buy the stuff i need first to save me some money!

any help is appreciated!
You should be able to get them from Canyon themselves.
There are probably other possiblities as well, but I don't know them.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 6:06 Quote
Just contact Canyon directly and they will send you a whole bearing set. Personally I found that easier that searching for specific bearings from all other the internet

LaurentS wrote:
MattyPugh wrote:

any help is appreciated!
You should be able to get them from Canyon themselves.
There are probably other possiblities as well, but I don't know them.

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 4:55 Quote
If you go on the Canyon Website they might have an assembly drawing for your bike which includes the bearing numbers in the BOM descriptions so you can order the bearings your self from a bearing supplier, that's what I did with my 2014 Strive

Tom

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 5:14 Quote
Personally I started down that route but couldn't be a****d to chase around the internet for them......they were cheap from Canyon anyway Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Rooster-x wrote:
If you go on the Canyon Website they might have an assembly drawing for your bike which includes the bearing numbers in the BOM descriptions so you can order the bearings your self from a bearing supplier, that's what I did with my 2014 Strive

Tom

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 11:11 Quote
I was browsing the Strive models again, hard to wait until the 2016 models!

I am still deciding between alu and carbon and I think I made a 'discovery', something I didn't notice before. All cables are internal on the carbon versions while on the alu versions the brake hoses are external.
Is that correct? This might be a reason for me to go for the carbon besides weight and looks.

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 13:07 Quote
LaurentS wrote:

I am still deciding between alu and carbon and I think I made a 'discovery', something I didn't notice before. All cables are internal on the carbon versions while on the alu versions the brake hoses are external.
Is that correct? This might be a reason for me to go for the carbon besides weight and looks.
how are you regulary trails? how much do you weight ? what is your skill level?

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 14:52 Quote
taifi wrote:
LaurentS wrote:

how are you regulary trails? how much do you weight ? what is your skill level?
I'd say 30% flat cross country/paved road, 20% steep climbs, 20% bikeparks with jumps and drops, 30% enduro style tracks.
I weigh 67 kg.
Skill level is okay, I did several red downhill runs in the Pyrenees on a 120mm fully cross country without any issues, besides hands hurting afterwards due to crappy Fox 32 Evolution fork. But of course there is still a lot of room to improve, I feel my current bike is limiting me in this.

The reason I prefer full internal cable routing is mainly easier cleaning of the bike, looks and dirt between cable and frame might damage the paint. Considering that the lower weight will help me as well... But it is 600€ more, a considerable amount.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 2:59 Quote
Important info for any Strive owners who want to add an ISCG chain device/bashguard.

The ISCG tabs on the frame DO NOT fit ISCG03 OR ISCG05.

You need to order the Hammerschmidt Adaptor and the bolts - Parts #A1012197 and #A1012196

Hopefully, this helps others avoid the painful customer service experience I have had with Canyon. I am not looking forward to the day something serious goes wrong with the bike as it would be brutal to get it sorted out.

Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 3:31 Quote
Nickwalker99 wrote:
What pressure are people running in their monarchs? I cant find much info on pressures online

Depends on your style and riding weight.

Personally at 65kg and 25% sag I run 230psi, I think that you will find nobody with less than 220psi. Smile

You may reduce the needed pressure by adding bottomless tokens to your negative chamber.

MattyPugh wrote:

any help is appreciated!

The Cane Creek headset is prone to rusting in the lower part above the fork crown. Check it by removing the fork.

Some guys in my german forum exchanged this specific part by an Acros Ai-52, lower part, IS52/30+40.

Headset standard is ZS 44 \ IS 52, see exploded drawing pdf here: https://www.canyon.com/downloads/supportcenter/SpectralAL_M17_14.pdf

Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 4:18 Quote
Did you order this from Canyon? How did you find it out and got any piccies of a successful install?

skill7 wrote:
Important info for any Strive owners who want to add an ISCG chain device/bashguard.

You need to order the Hammerschmidt Adaptor and the bolts - Parts #A1012197 and #A1012196

Hopefully, this helps others avoid the painful customer service experience I have had with Canyon. I am not looking forward to the day something serious goes wrong with the bike as it would be brutal to get it sorted out.

Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 13:38 Quote
I got a spectral AL 6.9 29" of 2014.
It has a stock fox float ctd boost valve.
Obviously, I am about to upgrade my rear shock.
My first question is if the spectral frame can handle a piggyback shock.
My other question is what shock would be ideal for the bike.
I was thinking of db inline but there are many issues with that. many users are complaining as it appears many problems.
the other options I was thinking of were monarch debon plus and fox float X or a normal float ctd factory.
Any thoughts?
I declined db air cs as it is not needed for my riding. Way too much downhill.

Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 23:08 Quote
I have a custom tuned Float X on my Spectral....fits fine

InspectoR wrote:
I got a spectral AL 6.9 29" of 2014.
It has a stock fox float ctd boost valve.
Obviously, I am about to upgrade my rear shock.
My first question is if the spectral frame can handle a piggyback shock.
My other question is what shock would be ideal for the bike.
I was thinking of db inline but there are many issues with that. many users are complaining as it appears many problems.
the other options I was thinking of were monarch debon plus and fox float X or a normal float ctd factory.
Any thoughts?
I declined db air cs as it is not needed for my riding. Way too much downhill.

Posted: Aug 6, 2015 at 3:21 Quote
So my bike has arrived in London, but the reshipping company changed their price to send it to me from what they quoted of 140-180 pounds based on other bikes we have shipped. To 631 pounds!!!

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2015 at 5:38 Quote
[Quote="AdamBartonUK"]Did you order this from Canyon? How did you find it out and got any piccies of a successful install?

skill7 wrote:

[/Quote

After a few months of back and forth it was a guy on PB that told me that part numbers I need as Canyon didn't know. I will install when they arrive next week and fingers crossed it works. Sick of losing my chain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013098
Mobile Version of Website